“I have an important Excel file, all of sudden my boss places an order to convert it into CSV because it stores tabular data also so please help required to convert Excel to CSV. ”
90% people prefer CSV over Excel because many programs and applications support CSV file. Few people give first priority to CSV because its format diagnoses the problems with data immediately. As we all knows very well that CSV file is a plain text and 70% users understand it without any learning curve.
Few people mostly ask us a question that is it possible to convert Excel to CSV? So a big YES to all those, now it becomes easier to convert files to CSV. Just go through the below Article and start converting your files.
- Solution 1: Save Excel as CSV via “Save as” in Excel
- Solution 2: Excel Export to CSV UTF-8 or UTF-16
- Solution 3: Convert Excel to CSV File via Google Sheets
- Solution 4: Convert Excel to CSV via Open Office
- Solution 5: Convert Excel to CSV Online
Solution 1: Save Excel as CSV via “Save as” in Excel
Now Excel export to CSV is no more difficult, this solution is really good to follow. Best part about converting Excel to CSV is that when uploading contacts it completely reduces the chance of import errors.
Step 1: First you need to Open Excel and then click File.
Step 2: Now you need to click Save as and then click Browse to save your output file.
- Step 3: Now simply choose CSV from Save as type.
Step 4: At the end click Save, finally file is converted.
The drawback of using above method is that if your file contains special symbols like foreign characters then above solution won’t work so continue to below solution if you want to convert Excel to CSV online.
Solution 2: Excel Export to CSV UTF-8 or UTF-16
This solution is best if your file is very complicated like if your Excel file contains small quotes or dashes then these characters will not be mangled at all and you will not loses the content originality.
Excel Export to CSV via UTF-8
- Step 1: Open the Excel sheet and navigate to File and then Save as.
Step 2: Now you have to assign a name to your file and select Unicode Text (*.txt) and hit Save.
- Step 3: Now open the Unicode .txt file in Notepad.
- Step 4: Now you have to click File and then Save as enter a File name and then navigate to Encoding to UTF-8.
Step 5: Hit Save button.
- Step 6: This is almost the end, simply go to Windows Explorer and change the file extension to .txt to .csv.
Excel Export to CSV via UTF-16
Exporting Excel to CSV is easier and quick because while saving a file as Unicode (.txt), Excel automatically employs the UTF-16.
- Step 1: Choose File.
- Step 2: Now choose Save as in Excel.
- Step 3: Now you have to select the file format Unicode Text (*.txt).
- Step 4: After that you have to change the file extension to .CSV in Windows Explorer. Finally it’s done.
Solution 3: Convert Excel to CSV File via Google Sheets
It is the most popular solution to convert Excel to CSV online because it is time savvy and web based online solution.
- Step 1: First you need to go to Google Drive Screen.
- Step 2: Now click New and then File Upload.
Step 3: After file uploading Open it.
- Step 4: After file opening, you have to click File.
- Step 5: Now go to Download as and choose Comma Separated Values (.csv). Finally the file will be downloaded as .csv format.
Solution 4: Convert Excel to CSV via Open Office
Benefit of this software is that if you do not have access to Excel then Open Office can play an important role in Excel file conversion to CSV.
- Step 1: First you have to open Open Office.
- Step 2: Now open the Excel file here.
Step 3: Now hit File and choose Save as.
- Step 4: Now assign a name to your file and Save your type as CSV and then hit Save.
Solution 5: Convert Excel to CSV Online
This online converter is one of the best converters so far.
- Step 1: Simply upload the file from Browse button.
- Step 2: Now you have to select CSV file delimiter according to your file requirement.
Step 3: At the end simply click the Run Conversion button.
Bonus Tips: How to Unlock Lost Excel Workbook Password
As we all know very well that forgetting password is the most irritating thing but now days recovering an Excel password are not a big deal now. PassFab for Excel is truly awesome and 100% secure to unlock the protected Excel file. If you check out its reviews then you will see a big difference, it is the most rated software than other recovery software’s. Follow below steps if you want to know how to use this tool effectively.
Step 1: Download and install PassFab for Excel. Launch it and select "Recover Excel Open Password" option.
Step 2: Select "Please Import Excel File" for choosing the file that you want to convert.
Step 3: Choose an appropriate password recovery mode: Dictionary Attack, Brute Force with Mask Attack and Brute Force Attack.
- Dictionary Attack: If you choose this option then type all the often used passwords to a .txt file and upload it. This software also contain system in built dictionary you can go for it too.
- Brute Force with Mask Attack: Have any clues about file password? If yes then go with this option.
- Brute Force Attack: This option is the highly recommended because it tries all the possible combinations.
Step 4: Hit Recover button, soon password will be recovered
If you are currently confusing about how to use it, just watch this video tutorial:
This article covers up an amazing 5 different methods for those who want to convert Excel to CSV. All the methods are amazing but the 5th solution is just awesome because it doesn’t require more effort and time. We have also introduced PassFab for Excel for those who forgot Excel password unfortunately. Stay tuned for more helpful tips and tricks.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>