I can surely relate to the frustration that arises when you are unable to log back into your android phone because you forgot the password! Well, I got stuck into this situation a week back when I had to reset my android phone but couldn't access it because I no longer remembered the passcode. After hours of research on the internet, I was finally able to reset my locked android phone, and I'm here to present to you the solutions I found, I'll show you how to reset Android phone password without losing your important data.
Before we get started, there is a thing you should know. Every manufacturing brand of the android phone has a distinct way of resetting the phone once locked. Samsung phones follow a technique different from HTC's, and Sony with its procedure, and so on. But you don't need to worry I'll state all the quick steps required for the most popular brands so that every one of you gets a solution regarding how to reset locked android phones.
- Part 1: How to Reset Android Phone When Locked with 4uKey for Andoird
- Part 2: Common ways to reset Android Phone in 5 Different Brands
- Extra Tip: The Advantages and Disadvantages About Restting Android Phone
Part 1: How to Reset Android Phone When Locked with 4uKey for Andoird
Searching for a secure way to get your android device back without losing all your data - PassFab Android Unlocker was the life savior for me when I got locked out of my android phone and couldn't access it back after trying out multiple techniques literally for hours. the best thing about this software tool is that it won't erase any data that is stored on your phone which you need to compromise on while performing a factory data reset to get access to your android phone once it gets locked up.
Step 1: Download the software on your PC or laptop and install it following the step by step easy installation procedure.
Step 2: Connect your locked android phone to your computer system using a USB cable. Then, click "Remove Screen Lock".
Step 3: Next, hit "Start" button to remove password by resetting Android phone.
After that, your android password reset will be done and you'll be able to use your mobile as you were never locked out. You can set a new passcode for your phone.
Part 2: Common ways to reset Android Phone in 5 Different Brands
Now that we're done with one method where you There's another manual procedure too, to get access to your locked android phone. Though you won't be needing any laptop, a WIFI connection or a software application for it, but mind it' all of the data on your phone would be completely erased. The process to hard reset locked android phone differs for every brand. The ones I'll be discussing in my article are Samsung, HTC, LG, SONY AND HUAWEI. The steps differ slightly only, but follow the respective ones to reset your android phone.
1. SAMSUNG PHONE
- Get your Samsung phone. Press and hold the power button plus the volume up key as well as the home key altogether.
- After a few seconds you'd see the Samsung logo appearing on the screen and then an option screen.
- Use the volume up and down button to move through different options. Over here you need to do a factory data reset so get to it and select the option (by pressing the power button).
- In the end, the phone will reboot and then go through a self-operating wizard.
2. HTC PHONE
- On your phone's lock screen, try out random patterns for at least five times.
- When you make false attempts five times, you would now be given two options at the bottom of your screen. Ignore the first one, and tap on - Fogot Password option displayed on the screen.
- When you tap on this option, you'll be directed to your google account login screen.
- Enter your Google login credentials and follow the guidelines to set up a new password.
3. LG PHONE
- First, Power off your phone.
- Now once the phone is powered off, press and hold the volume down key and the Power key simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Once you see an LG logo appears to release the power key and then press and hold it again.
- When a screen showing the factory reset option is shown, release all the keys.
- Now move through the options using the volume keys and select an option using the Power key.
- Select the reset to factory settings options and let the phone do its working.
4. SONY PHONE
- Turn off your phone.
- Press the power button and the volume down key together until the Sony logo screen gets displayed. When you see a recovery screen, release all the keys.
- Use the volume key to scroll up and down through the options and then, select the - Wipe data/ factory reset option by using the power key.
- Press any of the volume button, the up or the down key again to confirm the factory data reset. Pressing it once would successfully factory reset your phone, and now you can access your locked android phone again.
5. HUAWEI PHONE
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the power button plus the volume up and down keys at the same time.
- A reset screen would be displayed with some options on the screen. Use the volume keys to move to the - Wipe data/ factory reset option.
- Now press the volume down key to select - Yes delete all user data .
- At the end, you have to restart your phone to make your changes get applicable.
Extra Tip: The Advantages and Disadvantages About Restting Android Phone
Rooting – the removal of limitations and get full access to the operating system resources. It translates into getting administrative level privileges (or called root in Linux and terms of Android).
- Run unique apps with much greater control over the phone
- Can remove any pre-installed apps and customize
- Have custom ROMs to increase processing speed and tweak the looks
- Install or move installed apps on to SD card memory to free internal memory
- Rooting nullifies the official warranty from the supplier
- There's always the risk of “bricking” the phone and render unusable
- Poor performance in some random cases
- With custom ROMs come viruses
- The customer contract is broken
All your valuable data – contacts, photos, social media accounts, and everything you accumulated over time are safely concealed on the other end of that lock screen, but you don't seem to get any of that data after repeated failed attempts. If you carelessly attempt five wrong entries, your Android device will be locked for a minute and a few attempts more can lead to the phone is disabled. So, if you are looking for way to save your data then PassFab Android Unlocker will be the best choice for you.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>