“How can I unlock my iPhone if the screen is broken?” from Quora
Oh! You also encounter this problem and want to unlock iPhone with broken screen in order to backup broken iPhone or erase data before repairing it? Well, we can understand how troublesome it could be to have your iPhone screen wrecked. But before that, you should mind that there is no way to unlock iPhone no passcode without data loss except Siri. However, Siri may not be able to successfully unlock iPhone. In a word, there are 4 practicable ways to unlock iPhone with broken screen，you can choose the best way according to the situation of your phone.
- Part 1: Best 4 Methods to Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen
- Part 2: How to Backup iPhone with Broken Screen
- Part 3: How to Transfer Data from iPhone with Broken Screen to Another iPhone
- You'd Better Know About Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen
Part 1: Best 4 Methods to Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen
|Methods||Recommendation||Using Requirements||Method Evaluation|
PassFab iPhone Unlocker
|⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||A computer, no password requirement||No need to use iTunes and iPhone screen, just click the button according to the software instructions, the operation is very simple, and the success rate is 100%.|
|⭐⭐⭐⭐||A computer, Find My iPhone is disabled, no hardware problem||If use iTunes, you must put the iPhone into recovery mode with complex key operation. During this process, if the phone has hardware problems, it will fail to unlock and get stuck in recovery mode or the Apple Logo screen.|
|⭐⭐⭐⭐||A computer/iPad/another iPhone, Apple ID password, Find My iPhone is enabled||If Find My feature is not enabled and the Apple ID password is not known, then this method cannot be used.|
|⭐⭐||Siri is enabled, your iPhone is iPhone XR/XS or newer models||You need to turn on VoiceOver by asking Siri to use this method, and this method has a low success rate.|
1. Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen - PassFab iPhone Unlocker[100% Working]
The best way to deal with "iPhone touch screen not working can't unlock" is use PassFab iPhone Unlocker. Because the only requirement to use this software is a computer, and it is very powerful and can solve your problems 100%.
Here are the Key Features of PassFab iPhone Unlocker:
1. Quickly unlock iPhone without passcode, broken screen and Home button.
2. Compatible with all iOS system including the latest system and iPhone 12.
3. Simple operation and 100% safe and effective, won't cause other problems.
Here are how to use PassFab iPhone Unlocker access iPhone with broken screen within minutes:
Step 1: Download and install PassFab iPhone Unlocker on the computer that your iPhone was connected to before and click "Start".
Connect your iPhone to the computer. And click "Next" to proceed.
Step 2: Download the firmware package. Please make sure the network connection is stable now.
Step 3: You will see the "Start Remove" button, press it to proceed and wait for a few moments.
Step 4: Now, you have unlocked your iPhone successfully. Click "Done" to finish operation.
2. Use iTunes to Unlock iPhone When Screen is Broken
If you don't want to download a third-party software, then you can use the official way - iTunes to unlock iPhone 5/6/7/8/X/11/12 with broken screen. The prerequisite is that your phone buttons are all normal to use. And it should be noted that you need to enter the recovery mode first before restoring iPhone using iTunes. If your iPhone has a hardware problem, it will fail to unlock, and the phone will be stuck in recovery mode or Apple logo screen. Therefore, if you are not sure whether your iPhone has a hardware problem, try to choose a simple and safe way to unlock iPhone.
Here are the steps to factory reset iPhone with broken screen via iTunes:
- Download the latest version of iTunes on your computer and get your iPhone into Recovery Mode.
Choose "Restore" from two options and then wait a while and get into iPhone with broken screen.
1. iPhone 8 and later model: Press and hold the Side and one of the Volume buttons and release them when you see the Power off screen. Turn off your iPhone by dragging it to the right. Then press and hold the Side button till you connect your iPhone to computer and enter recovery mode screen.
2. iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side button to enter the Power off screen. Then press and hold the Volume Down button to connect device and enter recovery mode after you turn off iPhone.
3. iPhone 6 and earlier model: Press and hold the Side button and release it when you see the Power off slider. Then press and hold the Home button to enter into recovery mode and connect device after dragging the Power off slider to turn off iPhone.
3. Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen Remotely via iCloud
Worried about your iPhone stuck in recovery mode or Apple logo screen? And still don't want to use third-party software? Then you can try iCloud to unlock iPhone with broken screen, if you remember the Apple ID and password and Find My feature is enabled on your iPhone.
Here are the detailed steps:
Step 1: Get over your browser on other devices and visit the icloud.com. Now, login your Apple ID with the credentials configured with your iPhone. From the launchpad, you need to select the "Find iPhone" icon.
Step 2: Next, hit on the "All Devices" drop down menu at the top middle of the screen and select your iPhone from the list of devices.
Step 3: Thereafter, you need to hit on the "Erase iPhone" button from the appearing pop up box.
Step 4:Lastly, confirm your actions by clicking "Erase" and entering the correct Apple ID password again.
4. Access iPhone with Broken Screen by Siri
If you awaken Siri, then you can try to ask Siri to turn on VoiceOver to help you enter passcode with broken screen. Although this method may not be successful, you can try it, in case you are the lucky one. If you want to unlock your iPhone 100% successfully, then you'd choose the first method.
Note: This method is only available for iPhone iPhone XR/XS and newer models.
Part 2: How to Backup iPhone with Broken Screen
Also want to backup locked iPhone with brokrn screen? You can do it in this way.
- If you never connect your device to computer, just follow the above steps to click "Trust" on the phone with broken screen and enter required passcode.
After the computer has detected the iPhone, open the latest version of iTunes and log in your Apple account. And click "Continue" on iTunes to allow it to get access to your iPhone.
Then click the iPhone icon and tap on "Summary".
Now, you can click "Back Up Now" to backup your data.
Part 3: How to Transfer Data from iPhone with Broken Screen to Another Phone
After your iPhone is broken and the screen can't be used, you may buy a new iPhone. In this case, how to transfer the data of the previous phone with a broken screen to the new phone? If you want to know about it, just read on.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the old iPhone and the new iPhone running iOS 12.4 or later.
- Put the two phones closer together.
- Scan your new phone with your old phone.
- Enter the old phone password on the new phone.
Then set up your new iPhone according to the instructions. Select "Transfer from iPhone" when you see the chice. You need to keep your phone up to date and wait for the transfer to complete.
Tips: You can ask Siri to turn on the Bluetooth on the iPhone with broken screen.
You'd Better Know About Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen
Q1: How do you unlock a disabled iPhone?
If your iPhone is disabled and you forgot your passcode, you can erase iPhone from iCloud or restore it with iTunes. Or if you want to quickly unlock a disabled iPhone with 100% success rate, you can choose PassFab iPhone Unlocker. Besides, it is also a helpful software when you want to remove Apple ID, bypass screen time passcode and remove remote management.
Q2: Can I unlock my iPhone without iTunes?
Of course you can. You can erase your iPhone with iCloud if you turned on Find My iPhone on your iPhone and know the Apple ID and password connected to the locked iPhone. Just sign into iCloud through any browser, select your device from All Devices, and then you can erase your iPhone remotely. Also, you can use PassFab iPhone Unlocker to unlock your iPhone without iTunes within minutes.
Q3: Can I unlock my iPhone with my voice?
You can use Voice Control feature to set a command and then enter pin to unlock your iPhone.
It is difficult time when you are not able to access your device just because its screen got broken. However, every problem comes with a solution and therefore we have shared some solutions with the help of which you can know how to unlock iPhone with broken screen. And we highly recommend PassFab iPhone Unlocker to help you slove "iPhone screen broken how to unlock passcode". We hope that you found this article helpful. And please share our views with us by dropping comment below.