Over time, a collection of duplicate files on computer is inevitable. It's either due to multiple backups or from copying files to different folders. These duplicate copies can start using space on windows making your system slow down and clutter the drive. You can get rid of this issue by deleting these files. However, it's a time-consuming task and difficult to locate duplicate files directly. But don't worry, in this article, we will introduce you a cheap and useful tool to help you solve this problem quickly.
The Best Tool - PassFab Duplicate File Deleter
Now we are going to discuss the best tool to find and delete these redundant files from your system. Here we strongly recommend you the tool of PassFab Duplicate File Deleter.
Why PassFab Duplicate File Deleter is the Best tool to Delete Duplicates?
Duplicate File Deleter is the best tool as it can quickly and precisely targets duplicate files. With the files piled up over time on your system, detecting the desired files will be as difficult as extracting a needle from a haystack. But don't worry, PassFab Duplicate File Deleter can help you quickly target these files and remove them. Also, it can one-click to help you free up space on your disk. Here are the highlighted functions of this product:
- Find and remove similar images & duplicate files on Windows in a minute.
- 100% Accurate: Using advanced algorithm to ensure the result is 100% accurate.
- Support all types of files: Including video, photos, documents, audio, and others.
- Support external devices: It can identify external devices, such as SD card, USB flash disk, etc.
Step 1: Download and Install it
Install and launch PassFab Duplicate File Deleter to your Windows-based computer. And you will see the main interface as follow.
Step 2:Add Scanning Folders
Click to add the folders you want to deduplicate. And you will see the folders you have added are on the left side of the interface.
Step 3: Delete Duplicate Files
After selecting the scanning mode you can click the bottom [scanning duplicate] and start scanning. Wait for a while until the scanning process is finished. And if you want to stop the process, you can click [Stop scanning] in the bottom right corner.
After a minute, you can see the duplicate files are presented on the left side. Here are several tricks that can help you select the files you want to delete.
- Click the in each line, you can see the specific duplicate files;
- Click the to preview and compare the files;
- Click the to change into the view mode;
- It’s easy to switch between [quantity] and [size] to check the total volume or size of the files;
After choosing the files you want to delete, click [Remove]. And there will be a warning for you to make sure if you want to delete the files or not. If you want to delete them, click [Yes].
Wait for a while and the chosen duplicate files will be deleted successfully. Click [OK] and you can go on deduplicating or log out of the software.
Step 3(2): Scan Similar Images
After selecting the scanning mode you can click the bottom [Scan Similar Images] and start scanning. Wait for a while until the scanning process is finished. And if you want to stop the process, you can click [Stop scanning] in the bottom right corner.
After a minute, you can see the similar images are presented on the right side. Here are several tricks that can help you select the images you want to delete.
- In the left toolbar, you will see the group of similar images which can be sort out according to [Size] or [Quantity];
- Click the group number to go to the specific place of the pictures;
- On the right side, you can slide the mouse to view all the similar pictures, one-click the picture to select it, double-click to open it, hover the mouse over the picture to view the path information or zoom in on it.
- In the top right corner, you can click the to change into the List Mode in which you can see the name, Document size, last modification date, File path and pixel dimensions.
Then click [Remove] and you can delete similar images successfully.
We hope you have learned the way on how to delete duplicate files on Windows 10/11. It's necessary to keep the system cutter-free if you want to keep system performance to the optimum. As recommended, PassFab File Deleter offers to delete duplicate photos Windows 10 free. Using this extraordinary tool, you can scan your device and delete duplicates easily.