How to Remove Excel 2010 Known and Unknown Password
Internet has changed world into global village. Nothing is save until its protected by password or key. Password protection methods are used in workplaces where data storage and analysis are done Microsoft Excel 2010 to protect their substantial records. They don't want any unauthorized person to access or modify it. Here comes a situation when you somehow loose password or forget password. Now even you can't remove password from Excel 2010 and can't access that file. Excel document password protection is weak. Another possibility for removing password from Excel 2010 file is that they might want to share their work with their member and might not want to share the password. Here are some solutions for removing known and forgotten password from Excel 2010.
Option 1: Remove Known Excel 2010 Password:
There are different types of password protection available for Excel 2010. They are:
1. Open Password/Workbook Password
A document's open password is a password used to restrict the opening of the document. It pop-up as the document is opened. If your work has completed and now you want to deliver it to your boss, this is the time where you don't need the protection. Here is the easiest way to unprotect Excel file but you need to know the old password as well. if you know that simply follow the steps below:
- Get full access of the document by opening it and entering the password.
- Now for removing password navigate to File > Info >Protect Document > Encrypt with Password. A new dialogue box will appear before you with your old encrypted password.
- Leave the textbox empty in-order to remove password and click "OK".
- Now your file is decrypted successfully. You can deliver your file password free.
2. Modify Password
Modify password is the password required in order to modify the document. If you want to get some changes in the document you will be needing this password. This password is other than open password. If you don't know modify the password, you can still view the document in read-only mode only if the author has enabled that. This is also known as "Edit Restriction Password". In order to remove this password, follow the following steps:
- Open the Excel document.
- Now navigate to File > Info > Protect Document > Restrict Editing.
- There you will see Stop Protection button at the bottom of Restrict Editing pane. Select that and your restriction will be off.
3. Workbook Structure Password
If you want to prevent other users from adding, moving, deleting, hiding and renaming worksheets, you can protect the structure of your Excel workbook with a password. This password only protects the structure not the content of a worksheet. In order to remove workbook structure password, you will need to proceed step by step:
- Open the encrypted document in Excel 2010.
- In order to unprotect Workbook Structure, navigate to File > Info > Protect Document > Protect Workbook Structure.
- Input password in the dialogue box appearing and save the document.
- Your workbook Structure protection will be off and now you can re-encrypt the structure also.
4. Worksheet Password
Worksheet password prevents the user from changing, moving, or deleting data in a worksheet. With worksheet protection, you can make only certain parts of the sheet editable and users will not be able to modify data in any other region in the sheet. If got this password enabled and want to get rid of it, its very simple. Follow the procedure below and your protection will be off.
- Open the encrypted Excel Document with Excel 2010.
- Go to "Review" tab from Menu bar.
- From "Review" Tab select "Unprotect Sheet" option. After Protecting the sheet, "Protect Sheet" option is changed into "Unprotect Sheet".
- Input password in the New window that will appear with password box. Click "OK". This will remove Sheet protection from your Excel file.
5. Read-Only Mode:
If you don't want viewers to accidentally modify your document, you can make the document read-only. A read-only file can be read but not modified. Your file is always opened in read-only mode, of you want to get rid of read-only mode follow the procedure below.
- Open the Excel document. It will open in read-only mode or it will ask you to open in read-only mode.
- Now navigate to File > Info > Protect Document > Always Open read-only mode. Select this option and read-only restrictions will be disabled from your document.
Option 2. Remove Forgotten Excel 2010 Password
Now here is the solution for the possibility that when you lose your password to Excel file what to do? If you lost or forgot your password you don't have to worry. Use PassFab for Excel, a fast and easy solution to recover lost or forgotten passwords for Microsoft Excel file. It supports for Excel workbook created in MS Excel 97-2016. There are 3 powerful attack types wrapped in Excel password recovery:
- 1. Brute Force Attack:
- It attempts all possible combinations of passwords until the correct password is found. The password recovery engine is highly optimized, thus short password can be recovered immediately.
- 2. Brute Force with Mask Attack:
- If you remember the password partially, you can set a mask with the mask symbols for those parts you can't remember, it will help you effectively shorten the recovery time compared with brute-force attack.
- 3. Dictionary Attack:
- Since many people use regular words or phrases for password, perform a dictionary attack by trying each word from the dictionary will save your precious time.
- Step 1. Open PassFab for Excel and go to main interface of Excel password function. Now click Add option to import your password-protected Excel workbook.
- Step 2. As the file is added successfully you will get general info of the file: size, last modified date, and password. The next step is to select a password crack type.
- Step 3. Once you confirm the attack type, click "Start" to crack password. The specific time depends on your password length, complexity and computer configuration. If your computer supports GPU, please select GPU Acceleration option before you click "Start".
- Step 4. Once the password is found, a dialog window appears and displays your password. Thus, you can use the password to unlock your file.
There are no technical skills required to use it. Here is the guide to use PassFab for Excel:
Now you can even secure your Excel file with password without fear of losing password. We have developed list of different solutions for password recovery or removing and if you've got an old encrypted important record and you have lost its password, just take it out and apply one of the solutions described above. You don't need to be IT expert for that. Or install PassFab for Excel to regain access to any Excel file.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>