Are you facing the blue screen system service exception? Do you want to resolve it on your own? If yes, this article is for you!
According to Microsoft's bugcheck page, the system service exception triggers when a routine that transitions from a non-privileged to a privileged state is executed. It can be caused by many factors, which we will explore in this article, and then find the best solutions to resolve the issue.
- Solution 1: Using the Driver Verifier Tool
- Solution 2: Perform File System File Checker
- Solution 3: Update drivers
- Solution 4: Turn off Google Update Service
- Solution 5: Disable Antivirus Temporarily
- Solution 6: Disable Webcam to Fix System Service Exception (ks.sys)
- Solution 7: Update BIOS
- Solution 8: Uninstall Gaming Software and Services
Part 1: What is Blue Screen System Service Exception?
The system service exception is a Blue Screen of Death error with a bugcheck 0x0000003b. The blue screen errors indicate the fatal errors that your computer is facing. It usually happens on startup or while you are using your computer. It makes your computer reboot automatically several times and can cause major damage to your system. However, this does not mean you can not get rid of it in any way.
Part 2: What Causes Blue Screen System Service Exception Error?
In most cases, the faulty driver is the culprit behind stop code 0x0000003b. Here are some other causes of system service exception Windows 10 error.
- Incompatible or outdated drivers
- Malicious software, virus
- Incomplete or pending Windows 10 updates
- Corrupt or damaged system files
Part 3: The Ultimate Solution to Fix System Service Exception in Windows 10
PassFab FixUWin is a powerful Windows repair tool that finds and resolves any possible issue in Windows within the minimum time possible. The software scans your computer for any damaged or corrupt files, stopping it from starting up normally and repairing them. You can resolve any blue/black screen, Windows crashing or stuck on the loading screen and other problems very easily using this amazing tool. It also works on blue screen system service exception stop code error.
- Install and launch PassFab FixUWin. Plug in a USB, and click Create boot disk now.
- Plug the bootable USB into the faulty computer and restart it.
- Open the Boot menu, set the bootable device on priority, save settings, and exit.
- Click Automated repair.
- Click Restart after repairing successfully.
Wait until the boot disk created successfully.
After completing the above steps, your computer will boot normally without showing any errors.
Part 4: How to Fix Stop Code System Service Exception?
Here are more solutions to fix System_Service_Exception error.
Solution 1: Using the Driver Verifier Tool
The built-in driver verifier tool in Windows 10 and 11 is designed to look for faulty drivers whenever they cause any problem. A driver usually causes the BSoD system service exception so that you can use the driver verifier tool stored in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Here is how you can turn this utility on
It is recommended to back up all the data and software on your computer before proceeding, as all the drivers will be tested.
- Open Command Prompt as admin and type verifier.exe. Hit Enter.
- Click on Next and leave the settings to default.
- Select the option that states "Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer". Click Next.
- Let your computer check all the drivers installed on your computer. This may take several hours to complete as there are hundreds of drivers.
- Click Finish to complete the verification.
- Restart your computer and see if the System service exception is gone.
You will see a pop-up that says that you need to restart your computer.
Solution 2: Perform File System File Checker
If you accidentally replace an operating system level driver, you will likely encounter a blue screen 0x0000003b. In such cases, you can run SFC (System File Check) scan and fix the problem.
- Open the Command Prompt as administrator and type DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /restorehealth. Press Enter.
This command will scan the system and replace any corrupt or damaged files.
- Type sfc /scannow. Hit Enter.
This command will only examine the Windows files and replace any damaged files it finds.
This way, you can resolve the system service exception using SFC.
Solution 3: Update drivers
Any outdated system driver can be a culprit behind the system_service_exception blue screen. Windows update keeps all the drivers up-to-date, but sometimes, the OS uses the wrong driver version, which causes this issue. So to ensure that all your drivers are updated, follow these steps.
- Open Settings, go to Update and Security -> Windows Update, and then Update History. Check/install if any updates are available.
- Open the Device Manager and search for a driver with an error symbol.
- If you find any outdated driver, right-click on it and choose Update driver from the list of options.
- Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software" to automate the driver updation process.
Solution 4: Turn off Google Update Service
If the Google Automatic Update service is turned on on your PC, it may be a hidden cause behind the blue screen of death system service exception. The Google Update Service is responsible for updating all the Google applications installed on your computer whenever an update is available. However, you can turn this feature off.
- Open the Run dialog and type services.msc. Hit Enter.
- Scroll down to Google Update Service (gupdate), right-click on it, and choose Properties.
- In the Startup type drop-down list, choose Disabled. Click Ok, then restart your computer.
Solution 5: Disable Antivirus Temporarily
The Antivirus software installed on your computer is responsible for blocking any applications from running that it doubts as a virus or malicious programs. Sometimes, the antivirus program interferes with system routines, blocking some services and causing System Service Exceptions. You can check if the antivirus is causing the issue by temporarily disabling it.
Please note that this method is not recommended as it may harm your computer. Follow this only if you understand the associated risks completely and have a backup to revert to in case of any damage to your OS.
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc or right click the launch bar to find Task Manager.
- Click on the More details link to expand the running programs and processes list.
- Find out the your antivirus program and click to disable it.
After performing the above steps, restart your computer. If you do not see the system service exception, the antivirus was the actual criminal behind it.
Solution 6: Disable Webcam to Fix System Service Exception (ks.sys)
Sometimes, the Webcam also causes the system service exception, and disabling it resolves the problem.
- Right-click the Start button, choose Device Manager from the list.
- Look for the Webcam in the device manager window.
- Right-click on the " imaging devices". Click Disable.
Solution 7: Update BIOS
Updating the outdated BIOS settings can help resolve many blue screen errors, including system service exceptions. BIOS can only be updated in Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).
- Press the boot key, i.e., F8 on most PCs, when you see the Windows logo on startup.
- Click Repair your computer link.
- Click Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Repair.
After the Startup repair has done its work, restart your computer to ensure that BSoD does not appear again.
Solution 8: Uninstall Gaming Software and Services
If the System Service Exception was triggered while you were playing a game on your PC, there is a chance that it was triggered by CPU or GPU. When you play heavy games on your computer, overclocking and overheating cause many problems, and to avoid them, many users use special software to optimize the game's performance.
Unfortunately, not all such software is compatible with all Windows systems and can lead to system service exception errors.
The only way to resolve this issue is to uninstall the corresponding game or service.
PassFab FixUWinBlue screen system service exception Windows 10 is a common problem caused due to different factors. This article discusses the best possible ways to fix the addressed issue. Out of all the ways, using PassFab FixUWin is the best yet ultimate solution to eliminate any Windows system error.