It is frustrating sometimes when you try to turn on your HP laptop and it doesn’t turn on or stuck on preparing automatic repair. This issue is common in every brand's laptop, and you are not the only one to face it.
Most people as why my HP laptop won’t turn on when they suffer from the issue. There can be different reasons behind this issue. It can be due to your laptop’s draining battery or certain issue when you unplug your laptop’s AC cable. Another sign is the black or blue screen of your laptop. In this article, we have discussed several other reasons behind this issue and how to fix it.
- 1. Remove the laptop battery
- 2. Disconnect External Devices and Disks
- 3. Hard Reset Your Hp Laptop
- 4. Smart Repair By Passfab FixUWin AutomaticallyHot
- 5. Boot In Safe Mode
- 6. Run The Component Tests
- 7. Try Restoring Default BIOS Configurations
- 8. Hp Laptop Won't Turn On Even When Plugged In
Why Won't My Hp Laptop Turn On?
Generally speaking, even if you press the power button, a laptop won't turn on if the battery is empty, broken, or doesn’t have enough power. Also, the HP envy/pavalion laptop won't turn on due to conflicts between the external devices and your computer system.
1. Reasons for HP Laptop Not Turning On
There are several potential reasons why your HP laptop may not be turning on. Some of the most common causes include
- A drained or damaged battery.
- Failure of the CMOS battery.
- Installation of new hardware or software.
- Conflicting external hardware or software.
- Incorrect BIOS settings.
- A virus or malware infection.
- Corrupted files existing due to various factors.
Understanding the potential causes of this issue can help you troubleshoot and identify the root cause of the problem.
2. Symptoms of HP Laptop Not Turning On
There are several signs that can indicate that your HP laptop is experiencing problems turning on. Some common symptoms to look out for include:
- The charging light is on but the laptop doesn’t power up.
- HP laptop screen doesn’t turn on even if it has power.
- The laptop shows no lights and won’t power up.
- It shows the power light flashing but won’t turn on.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it could be a sign that your laptop is having issues turning on. Identifying the specific symptoms can help you determine the cause of the problem and find a workable solution from the following part.
How To Fix Hp Laptop Won’t Turn On?
Before attempting to troubleshoot and fix the issue of an HP laptop not turning on, it is important to understand the specific symptoms and behaviors that you are experiencing.
To address these problems, it is helpful to examine each issue individually and explore possible solutions. Below, we have provided information on how to identify and fix these issues.
1. Remove the laptop battery
One potential cause of an HP laptop not turning on is a problem with the battery or power supply. To troubleshoot these issues, you can try removing the laptop battery and checking the functional outlet by connecting another device. If the laptop turns on, this suggests that the battery may be the issue.
Alternatively, replacing the CMOS battery, which saves BIOS settings on the motherboard, may be a solution if the laptop frequently shuts off or if the primary battery has been removed. This fix is relatively inexpensive and may resolve the issue.
2. Disconnect External Devices and Disks
If you have left external disks and drives connected to your HP laptop for an extended period of time, it may cause the laptop to fail to turn on. To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:
- Make sure that the laptop is turned off.
- Disconnect any external devices or disks that are connected.
- Press the power button.
If the laptop turns on after disconnecting the external devices, it is likely that they were causing the issue. If the laptop still does not turn on, you may need to try additional troubleshooting steps.
3. Hard Reset Your Hp Laptop
If your HP laptop not turning on, you may need to perform a hard reset. There are two different methods for hard resetting an HP laptop, depending on whether or not it has a removable battery. It is important to follow the appropriate steps for your specific laptop model to ensure that the hard reset is successful.
I. Hard Reset With Removable Battery
- Turn off the laptop and remove all external devices
- Disconnect the power charger/AC adapter and carefully remove the battery
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds
- Reinsert the battery and connect the power charger/AC adapter
- Turn on the laptop
II. Hard Reset With Non-Removable Battery
- Turn off the laptop and remove all external devices
- Unplug any docking stations, port replicators, and AC adapters
- Press and hold the power button for 8-10 seconds
- Connect the AC adapter and turn on the laptop by pressing the power button
If these fixes do not resolve the issue, you may need to try additional troubleshooting steps.
4. Smart Repair By Passfab FixUWin AutomaticallyHot
PassFab FixUWin is a one-stop solution for booting up computers that won't start, resetting Windows local and domain passwords, recovering data from unbootable hard drives, and managing your disc. This tool scans your system and catches the issues to fix them. Also, it keeps your laptop error from issues like BSOD, game, DLL, and registry errors.
The following functionalities are included with the tool.
- Generate a 32 and 64-bit free system repair disc.
- The design is simple and suitable even for the most basic PC users.
- Supports 11/10/8.1/8/7 OS version and every computer brand.
- Download and Install PassFab FixUWin to a accessiable pc. Plug a USB/CD/DVD and Click Creat boot disk now.
- After the bootable media created. Switch to the problematic pc.
- Press the Boot key to enter into the boot menu. Make the bootable media as the priority one and hit Enter.
- You will see PassFab FixUWin interface. Click Automated Repair. The program will find and fix the issue that your hp laptop suffers.
- Click Restart after repair successfully.
5. Boot In Safe Mode
- Disconnect any external devices (such as a mouse or external hard drive) and press the power button to turn on the laptop.
- As the laptop starts up, continuously press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options screen appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode with Networking" and press Enter.
If pressing the F8 key does not bring up the Advanced Boot Options screen, you may need to try a different key, such as the Esc key.
If you are still unable to enter Safe Mode, you can try booting from a Windows installation media (such as a USB drive or DVD) and selecting the "Repair Your Computer" option. This will bring up the Windows recovery environment, where you can access the Advanced Boot Options screen and select Safe Mode.
6. Run The Component Tests
- Press the power button and keep pressing the Esc key until a menu pops up.
- Press F2 to enter the System Diagnostics menu.
- From the menu, select "Component Test."
- Select the components you want to test from the list provided.
Running component tests can help you identify any faulty components that may be causing your laptop to not turn on.
7. Try Restoring Default BIOS Configurations
To restore default BIOS configurations on your HP laptop:
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds, then release it and press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup.
- In the BIOS setup, press the F9 key to restore the default BIOS settings.
- Select "Yes" to confirm the restore operation.
- Exit the BIOS setup and restart the laptop.
8. Hp Laptop Won't Turn On Even When Plugged In
Another factor is your laptop’s screen which restricts your laptop from turning on. Perform the following actions to fix it.
- Start Modifying your laptop’s brightness to check if it is not set to a minimum level.
- Your screen won’t turn on if your hibernation files are corrupted. To avoid this, Disable the hibernation feature.
- Connect your laptop to an external monitor to check whether the screen is turning on.
The steps outlined above are designed to help you troubleshoot and fix the issue of an HP laptop not turning on. To achieve the best results, it is important to carefully follow the instructions provided and perform each step as directed.
How To Avoid Your Laptop Won't Turn On Issues?
- Make sure to regularly update your operating system and drivers. This can help prevent problems with compatibility and improve the overall performance of your laptop.
- Regularly maintain and clean the mechanical parts of your laptop, such as the fans and vents, to ensure that they are working properly.
- Use antivirus software to protect your laptop from security threats. This can help prevent malware and other malicious software from damaging your system or causing it to malfunction.
By following these precautions, you can help ensure that your HP laptop continues to function properly and avoid issues where it won't turn on.
How To Recover Data From Hp Laptop Won’t Turn On Windows 10?
If you need to recover data from an hp laptop won't startup windows 10, you can use the PassFab FixUWin tool. This Windows recovery utility includes a range of features, including Password & Key Recovery, Windows Rescue, Disk Tools, and Data Recovery.
The Data Recovery feature allows you to recover your data even when the laptop is not powering on, and it won't affect the battery or other components. With a simple user interface, the PassFab FixUWin tool is easy to use and can help you recover data in case of system failures or missing files.
If your HP laoptop won't turn on after update, you may be wondering what could be causing the issue. This problem can occur in various models, including HP Pavilion, HP Envy, HP EliteBook, HP Chromebook, HP Stream, HP Omen, and HP Probook.
To troubleshoot and fix the issue, you can try the steps outlined in this article, or use a professional tool like PassFab FixUWin. This tool can help fix the issue and also offers data recovery even if the system doesn't boot.