Plenty of Windows users have faced a serious issue when trying to log in to their Windows Active Directory domain. Whenever they log in, the following message occurs, “There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.”
There are plenty of reasons for the occurrence of this error message. However, the root cause is that the cloning process has failed. This way, the server starts in the Directory Services Repair Mode (DSRM). It’ because the domain services fail to arrive in the exact order on the domain controller that is affected. In turn, it makes it impossible for the user to log in. There are a few ways to solve this problem.
So, without further ado, let's see how to fix the “there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request” error on Windows 7 or any newer version.
- Resolution 1. Configure Your Environment
- Resolution 2. Verify That Wireless Device Has Completed
- Resolution 3. Removing Re-adding User Account
- Resolution 4. Removing/Re-adding Computer Account (Server)
- Resolution 5. Unjoining/Rejoining Computer to the Domain
- Resolution 6. Setting Workstation Credentials
Resolution 1. Configure Your Environment to Allow machine/computer/host authentication Occur
If you are facing the “there are no logon servers available to service the logon request” issue that is not allowing you to enter your computer, then you can organize it by allowing machine authentication. Read the following instructions for a possible solution:
- 1. First of all, log on to the machine with the help of a completely different user.
- 2. Then, connect the machine with the VPN.
- 3. As soon as that is done, use the ‘Run as’ command in order to ping the machine as the user that cannot log in.
- 4. Try the following command by replacing the uname with the username, domain with your domain, and somemachine with the IP of your machine:
runas /user:[email protected] "ping somemachine"
- 5. Execute the command mentioned above. If it executes successfully, you will be able to log into the machine even if you are offline.
Resolution 2. Verify That Wireless Device Has Completed via machine/computer/host Authentication Before Attempting To
In this part, you need to check whether or not your device has been successfully set up. You can organize authentication with the help of machine authentication. This will make the process of authentication strong. Follow these steps to make it possible:
- 1. Select ‘Enform Machine Authentication’ feature so that machine authentication is enforced before the authentication of the user.
- 2. Once it is selected, ‘Machine Authentication Default Role or the User Authentication Default Role’ is given to the user. One of the both is assigned, depending on which feature did the authentication became successful.
Resolution 3. Removing/Re-adding User Account (Server)
Another solution for the ‘There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request’ error message on Windows 7 is to remove or re-add user accounts on the server. This can solve your issue in no time.
REMOVING USER ACCOUNT:
- 1. First of all, log on to your computer system by using a different administrator account.
- 2. Click on 'Start' and then right-click on the 'Computer' feature.
- 3. Select ‘Properties’ from the list. This will direct you to the System Page.
- 4. Further, select ‘Advanced System Settings’.
- 5. Click the 'Advanced' feature and then select the 'Settings' option that you will find under the 'User Profiles'.
- 6. You will be presented with a list of usernames. Find the specific one you are looking for and click on 'Delete'. This way, the user account will be removed from the server.
RE-ADDING USER ACCOUNT:
- 1. Firstly, select ‘Start’ and then click on ‘Run’.
- 2. Now you need to type ‘cmd’ in the ‘Open’ box and then select ‘OK’.
- 3. Type this command
repadmin /options < recovery dc name > +DISABLE_INBOUND_REPLand then select ‘Enter’.
- 4. Make up a new backup state system. Now, press F8 throughout the startup process.
- 5. Log on with the offline administrator account. If you have reset the password, then use a new password.
- 6. Restore all deleted accounts. This will re-add previous user accounts to the server.
Resolution 4. Removing/Re-adding Computer Account (Server)
Above you read about removing and re-adding deleted users to the servers. An additional resolution is to re-add/remove computer accounts to the server. It can be done by following these step by step instructions:
- 1. First of all, you need to right-click on ‘My Computer’ and then choose ‘Properties’.
- 2. Now select ‘Computer Name’ and change it to ‘ABC’ then click ‘OK.
- 3. If it asks you to enter an ID, type in your network login ID. As soon as it joins the workgroup, click on 'OK'.
- 4. Now, reboot the machine. And voila! Your problem will be solved.
Resolution 5. Unjoining/Rejoining Computer to the Domain
If the ‘no logon servers available to service the logon request' issue is still not resolved, then you need to unjoin and rejoin your computer to the domain. Follow these straight forward instructions to make sure your work is done in the right way.
REJOIN COMPUTER TO DOMAIN:
- 1. First and foremost, type ‘Control Panel’ on the Start screen and then click on Enter.
- 2. Direct to ‘System and Security’ and select the ‘System’ feature.
- 3. Now you need to click on ‘Change settings’ under ‘Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings’.
- 4. Right on the tab that says ‘Computer name’, click on ‘Change settings’.
- 5. Click on ‘Domain’ under the ‘Member of’ option and then type whichever name of your specified domain you wish your computer system to join. Once that is out of the way, click on ‘OK’.
- 6. Now, restart your computer system.
UNJOIN COMPUTER TO DOMAIN:
- 1. First, you need to log in to your computer system with the help of your domain administrator account.
- 2. Then, press the Windows Key and X from your keyboard.
- 3. Look for ‘System’ in the Menu and then click on it.
- 4. Now select ‘Change Settings’. On the tab that says ‘Computer name’ click on ‘Change’.
- 5. Choose the workgroup and enter any name of your choosing.
- 6. Then click on 'OK'. After that, for changes to take place, you need to Restart your computer.
- 7. Finally, click on ‘Close’.
Resolution 6. Setting Workstation Credentials
You can set the credentials of your workstation with the help of Credential Manager. This can also help you in avoiding the “there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request” error message.
- 1. You can open the Credential manager' by typing the command 'credential manager' in the search box.
- 2. After that, you need to select the 'Credential Manager Control Panel'.
- 3. Now select either ‘Windows Credentials’ or ‘Web credentials’ to set up your workstation credentials.
Now that you have reached the end of the article, you may now understand fully what to do if you ever face the ‘there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request domain controller’ error message on Windows 7 or any other version of the Windows. Also, if you ever encounter forgetting your Windows password issue, then you can easily rest it by the help of PassFab 4WinKey!