Stuck at blue/black screen? Forget your windows login password? Want to recover software key? Don’t worry! PassFab FixUWin is a all-in-one tool which helps to boot up computers that cannot start, reset Windows local and domain password, recover data from unbootable hard disk and manage your disk. Now take a look at this guide to check how to use it.
Part 1. Create a Bootable Disk
- Download and launch PassFab FixUWin from another accessible PC.
- Run the program and insert prepared CD/DVD disk into the CD-ROM drive or connect USB flash drive into a USB port on computer. Then click "Create boot disk now" to start burning repair disk.
Select a boot media (USB Flash Drive or CD/DVD). Here we will choose USB as an example. Click "Next" button and go ahead.
Your USB/CD/DVD will be formatted and all data will be erased.
- Create boot disk successfully.
Part 2. Boot Windows System from CD/DVD/USB
- Insert the bootable USB, CD or DVD to the computer that cannot boot.
Restart the computer and press "F12" or "ESC" on the keyboard to enter Boot menu.
The key to enter Boot menu might be different on different motherboards. The common keys to enter Boot menu are F12 or ESC on popular computer brands.
Boot Key Desktop Laptop Motherboard F12 ASUS, Acer, Founder, HP, Hasee, Haier, Lenovo, THTF Acer, BenQ, Dell, Emachines, eMachines, Fujitsu, Founder, GIGABYTE, Gateway, IBM, Lenovo, SAMSUNG, ThinkPad, Hasee, TOSHIBA, THTF, MSI Great Wall, Dell, TOSHIBA, Foxconn, GIGABYTE, Fujitsu, Gamen, Haier, IBM, Lenovo, Topstar, SONY, THTF, SAMSUNG, ThinkPad, Acer, HP, Hasee, Founder Esc Dell ASUS, Sony Great Wall, Foxconn, ESC, SOYO, MAXSUN, Colorful, SONY, SAMSUNG, Spark, UNIKA F9 BenQ, HP BISOTAR, HP
- When enter into the boot menu, find your inserted disk from the list of DVD/CD/USB names, click “enter” to select a boot drive.
Part 3. Window rescue
- Click “Automated repair” to start repair.
- Choose the partition that needed to be repaired, and then click “Start repair” to go ahead.
Repair complete successfully, click “restart” to start your computer.
If automated repair doesn’t work, you can click” startup repair” to repair or use “command Prompt” to fix your computer, or “Internet Browser” to get more solutions.
Part 4. Password and key recovery
1.Windows system password reset
- Click” Start” to reset Windows password.
- Click the user account listed, choose to “change Windows password” “remove Windows password” or “create a new admin account”.
2.Software key recovery
- Click “ start “ to recovery software key.
- Select Windows installation. Click “save” to keep listed license key on your computer as .txt format.
Part 5. Data recovery
- Click” Recover now” to start recover your data.
- Select the location and choose the data types that you want to recover.
- All documents on specified disk are presented. After that, tick the files you want to recover and click "Recover". Lastly, specify the location to store recovered files.
Part 6. Disk tools
- Select "Partition backup" from the list.
- Here all of your disks on computer are listed with name, type, size and capacity. Select one you want to clone and click "Next" to move on.
- Select the target disk place and click “Next” to backup.
- Select "Partition restore " from the list.
- Unfold, check and select the partition you need to restore layer by layer. Then click "Next" to start partition recovery.
- Specify the location where your restored files will be reserved. Click "Next" to move on.
- Select "Disk backup " from the list.
- Here all of your disks on computer are listed with name, type, size and capacity. Select one you want to backup and click "Next" to move on.
- Unfold the disk layer by layer to check and select an image you need to back up. Then click "Next" to start backing up.
- Here are three options for you to specify the compression level. The higher compression ratio is, the more time will it take and the less archive files size will be. After that, click "Next" to last step.
- Select "Disk restore " from the list.
- Unfold the disk layer by layer to check and select image you need to restore. Then click "Next" to start disk recovery.
- Specify the location where your restored files will be reserved. Click "Next" to start.
- Select "Cloning partition" from the list.
- Here your all partitions on computer are listed with name, type, size and capacity. Select one you want to clone and click "Next" to move on.
- Select a target partition to clone and click “Next” to go on.
- Select "Cloning disk " from the list.
- Here your all hard disk on computer are listed with name, type, size and capacity. Select one you want to clone and click "Next" to move on.
- Select a target harddisk to clone and click “Next” to initialize cloning.
This function can create/format/delete/resize the partition. Choose the corresponding button to start managing the partition.
- Click “start” to wipe your data on the computer.
- Click “wipe partition”/”wipe specific folders”/”wipe files” according to your need.
- Select the place you want to erased and click”Next” to go on.
If you fail to finish the process while you use the above function, you can click the icon in the upper right corner of the interface to ask for help.