Apple introduced the iCloud lock in 2013 to make iDevices less vulnerable targets for thieves. It is associated with one iDevice to add security features to Apple devices. In some cases, you may need to bypass iCloud activation lock to make your phone usable for you. You may sell your iPhone or it has been misplaced somewhere or you may run into an iCloud lock issue when you purchase a second-hand iPhone or iPad that is locked with the previous user's iCloud account. In this case, you might be wondering about how to bypass iCloud lock. You will not be able to use your phone until Apple or the previous user removes the iCloud lock from the phone. YouTube hacks let you break an iCloud lock, but you can't go for it. As it’s a security layer designed by Apple to protect users from having their phones stolen and resold. In this article, I’m going to unveil hands on methods to unlock iCloud lock for your iOS devices.
Tips before Bypass iCloud Lock
Ask Seller to Sign out iCloud account
- Turn off Find My iPhone before reset/restore
Once you have followed the above mentioned tips, it’s time to take deeper dive to unveil different methods to bypass iCloud lock:
How to Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone - 5 Methods
- 1. Bypass iCloud Lock with DNS Server
- 2. Bypass iCloud remotely from iCloud
- 3. Bypass iCloud Lock Online
- 4. iCloud Lock Bypass with PassFab
- 5. iCloud Unlock Bypass with Apple Support
1. Bypass iCloud Lock with DNS Server
Domain Name System (DNS) translates a domain name (like apple.com) to IP addresses that devices use to communicate over the internet. Every time you run the setup wizard of your iOS device after a factory reset, your iOS device contacts the Apple server for iCloud lock activation. The idea behind the iCloud DNS bypass method is to engage your phone with a fake activation server that replies with the device not locked. You can do the same manually by changing the DNS servers. You might be concerning about how to bypass iCloud with DNS server.
Apple server processes your request and shows the current status of your device. You can change the DNS address manually from your device's WIFI settings.
Once it is activated, you will be able to access all the functionality of your iOS device.
Bypassing iCloud DNS is a simple process. But the process has some limitations that you have to keep in your mind before opting for this method:
- You are exposing your sensitive information (usernames and passwords) to third-party (the DNS provider).
- There is no guarantee that this approach will work every time to unlock your device.
- It might work with the old versions of iOS 8 to iOS 10.
- By changing the DNS server, you will not be able to access all the features of your phone. You have access to the limited features, and that's a big issue.
In this case, if you have already opted for other methods and they're not working for you, you can go with it.
Follow this easy step by step guide to bypass iCloud activation lock with DNS server:
Note: Before starting this method, make sure you have inserted a SIM card into your phone.
- Turn on your phone screen and choose your country and language from the menu.
- You'll be prompted to the WIFI settings, tap on the "i" symbol instead of wireless networks.
- Tap “Configure DNS" against the DNS tab.
Choose "Manual" and enter the iCloud Bypass DNS Server IP address from the list based on your location.
- USA: 188.8.131.52
- Europe: 184.108.40.206
- Asia: 220.127.116.11
- South America: 18.104.22.168
- Australia and Oceania: 22.214.171.124
- Once you have selected DNS IP, click the Back option from the left of the screen.
- Turn on the WIFI network by entering the WIFI password.
- Here you'll come across the option “Next Page", ignore it and click on "Back". You will be at the iCloud Bypass screen.
- From there, you can choose the list of apps for photos, videos, and music.
Here the worth noticing point is that the DNS bypass approach allows you to use some limited features of your iOS device instead of unlocking the complete functionality.
You can try some other methods to unlock your phone.
2. Bypass iCloud remotely from iCloud
If you are stuck and don’t know how to bypass iCloud lock on iPhone 6, this method is worth exploring for you.
You can visit iCloud.com to remotely bypass the iCloud lock on iPhone 6 if you face these two scenarios:
- If your iDevice is not in your access.
- If you purchase a second-hand iOS device, ask the seller to follow these steps.
- Open your web browser, sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
Go to "Find iPhone".
- Tap the "All Devices" option.
- Choose the device that you wish to bypass from iCloud.
Click Remove from Account.
- Now, your iPhone will be erased and restart automatically.
3. Bypass iCloud Lock Online
You might be wondering bypassing iCloud lock iPhone 5. Apple iPhone Unlock is a reliable service online to help bypass iCloud lock.
- Enter your IMEI number or serial number.
- Select your devicel model.
- Click Remove Activation Lock.
- Pay for the fees, your iPhone will be unlocked within 72 hours.
4. iCloud Lock Bypass with PassFab
Bypassing iCloud lock with PassFab Activation Unlocker is super easy. PassFab is a software tool that allows you to bypass the iCloud lock or turn off the "Find My" option from your iOS device. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to bypass iCloud activation lock using PassFab Activation Unlocker.
First of all, the prerequisite to use this tool is to download and install it for free on your PC. Connect your iDevice with your computer.
Start PassFab Unlocker, choose "Remove iCloud Activation Lock".
- Tap the "Start" button. Read user terms and agreements carefully and tap the "Next" option.
- Connect your iCloud locked iOS device via a USB cable, and the program will recognize it automatically. Once your device has connected with your PC, PassFab will download the jailbreaker for your iOS device.
Once the jailbreak tool has launched, you need to insert a USB to burn the jailbreak environment.
- Tap the "Start" button, a dialog box will open with "Installing the jailbreak tool will erase all data in the USB flash drive. Are you sure you want to continue?” Tap “Yes" to proceed next.
Once you have done with the jailbreak environment, watch tutorials on how to jailbreak your iOS device. Follow these tutorials to jailbreak your iDevice.
Finally, you're in the state where you can bypass the iCloud lock by clicking on "Start".
Once it has removed the iCloud lock successfully, click "Done”.
Congratulations! Now you can set up your iDevice without lock overhead.
5. iCloud Unlock Bypass with Apple Support
Bypassare iCloud iPhone 6 with Apple Support is more legit to set up your iOS device. Prepare the proof that the iPhone is yours and go to Apple Support Store to let them unlock your iPhone.
In this guide, I have unveiled top 5 methods about how to bypass iCloud lock iPhone on your iOS device. You can choose any that suits your requirements to setup your iDevice. I recommand PassFab Activation Unlocker as the best solution. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>