We are living in the age of internet and every single day it is progressing at a fast pace. We need to learn the every changing methods of technology if we want to keep it going in this digital age. However, at times it becomes difficult to understand the requirements of newly introduced technology and applications. Similarly, people keep asking questions about ISO mount and how it is done. If you are looking for the answer to the same question then you are on the right page. You will have answer about ISO mount in a step by step process and we'll try to make it easier for you to understand.
Part 1. What is ISO Mount?
An ISO image is basically a virtual copy of any CD or DVD that you want to keep in your desktop or laptop. There is a number of software which is distributed as ISO images like Windows 7. Mounting ISO image will make it recorded for later use. By mounting ISO you are able to use the contents similarly as to record it on a physical medium. It is most commonly used when you have to download a software. If you have downloaded a software and want to use it then mount it because it will be easier and faster than recording it on a physical medium like a CD or DVD.
Part 2. How to Mount ISO?
Mounting ISO image is easy but people can be still confused about it. If you are one of those people then you should try for one of the solutions given below. It is guaranteed that one of the solutions will work for you and you will get the result you wanted.
Option 1. How to Mount ISO Windows 10
The good thing about Windows 10 is the fact that it has a built-in ability for mounting ISO image from a CD or DVD. It will convert the image into VHD (i.e. VHD virtual hard drive image files). It is probably the easiest way to mount ISO. You can go for one of the three options given below.
Step 1. You can right click on the icon of ISO file and then select the "mount" option. It will mount the ISO in the easiest way possible.
Step 2. The next option you can do is double clicking the ISO file and it will start the mounting process. However, it might not work in some cases when the ISO files are linked to any other program on your computer.
Step 3. Go the "file explorer" and click the "mount" button which is found under the option of "disk image tools" or "drive tools" and it is found on ribbon.
These are the options you can use for mounting ISO and once you have done it you can simply eject the disc by clicking right and ejecting the CD. This method works equally well for Windows 8 and 8.1
Option 2. How to Mount ISO Windows 7
If you are using a Windows version older than Windows 7 then you should follow this method which uses WinCDEmu to mount ISO. In older version of Windows direct mounting option is not available and that's why you will have to follow the steps given below.
- Step 1. You will have to install WinCDEmu.
- Step 2. Then you will give it permission so it can install all the drivers it requires.
- Step 3. After you have installed all the drivers then you should double click the image in order to mount the image.
- Step 4. A right click on the image and then mounting it can also do the business.
Option 3. How to Mount ISO File in MacOS X
MacOS X is the easiest possible medium of mounting ISO, you need to follow these steps to mount ISO on Mac OS X.
- Step 1. First of all, try to find the blue app (which will be face-like apparently) on your dock.
- Step 2. Now look for ISO and find the folder in which ISO is stored. Then click on the left side of the finder and open another folder in the window.
- Step 3. Now double click the ISO and this method will mount ISO to your Mac.
- Step 4. You can open the ISO image by clicking on the left-hand column of the finder where your ISO name appears.
Extra Tips: How to Burn ISO Image to USB
If you are just looking for solutions to burn ISO to USB, CD or DVD, then you can always rely on PassFab for ISO and burn the ISO image into your USB to use it later. You will have to follow these simple steps given below.
- Step 1. Download and install PassFab for ISO proprerly. Choose to download system ISO file or just import your ISO image file to this software.
- Steo 2. Select your target media such as USB, CD or DVD. Here we take USB flash drive as example. Then click on "Burn" button.
- Step 3. Just wait for a while and it will burn the USB successfully.
Mounting ISO image is easy but it can be difficult and stressful for some people and this article has tried to answer the questions with regard to almost every Windows and operating system. All the problems have solution and we at PassFab provides you solution to every digital problem of yours. You can look for the answer to the question of "how to mount ISO" with PassFab for ISO and you will be satisfied with the results.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>