Most Windows users want to move their operating system (OS) to a solid state drive (SSD). The transfer from OS to SSD can be annoying. For this purpose, several tools are available. In this article, I will explain how to migrate just OS to SSD with effective way.
The main question is how to migrate just the OS from HDD to SSD. Windows internal tools like creating a system image can be discouraging for users. A cloning tool can be the best option to copy OS to SSD.
- Reasons that fail to clone the operating system to SSD
- How to troubleshoot the OS migration to SSD issue?
- Make Everything Ready for Transferring OS to SSD
- How to migrate only OS using PassFab 4EasyPartition
Part 1. Why Move Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 OS to SSD?
The users migrate Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 OS to SSD due to the following reasons:
- Migration to SSD makes your computer run faster. In return, better performance is achieved.
- Users move Windows OS to SSD to avoid reinstalling Windows OS. Shifting a system keeps data safe and saves time and energy compared to a fresh install.
- OS is moved to a smaller or larger SSD when users go through with shortage of space.
- SSD, an advanced hard drive in the market, has higher efficiency and durability than HDD (Hard Drive Disk).
- SSD consumes low power and operates with better shock resistance.
- SSD is comparatively faster to read and write and start.
Those mentioned above are some primary reasons to migrate OS to SSD. Besides these reasons, Windows users know that not all Windows 10 computers can upgrade to Windows 11. And Windows 11 demands higher requirements for computer configuration. So, users prefer to migrate Windows 11 to SSD compared to HDD.
Part 2. Migrate Only OS or Clean Install:
If you are keen to sustain your data and system settings, migration of OS is the best option. If you migrate only OS, it requires less technical skills and time. In addition, it guarantees you the fastest way to move OS to a new hard drive. But it demands enough space in SSD to clone all your previous data. And you can’t exclude any file, and you must copy all your data to a new hard drive.
On the other hand, fresh installation of OS demands higher computer skills. And your computer turns into a brand-new system. Furthermore, a clean install is compulsory when users face issues like a system crash, a blue/black screen of death, a virus infection, or when the computer fails to start. A clean install is time-consuming because it requires reinstallation of your programs. But it cleans your system, and no junk files harm your system.
In short, moving OS to a new hard drive is a time-saving and effective way. And it replicates your data and recently installed programs to a new drive. And cloning is effective if you are hurrying to move Windows OS to another drive. But if you face compatibility troubles with your programs, a clean install is better because it turns your system to a default state.
Part 3. Troubleshoot: Why can't I migrate OS to SSD successfully?
Computers have become an essential part of our lives and work. And computer users copy OS to new SSD to enhance speed and minimize the boot time. In addition, it increases the performance of computers. A computer user commonly reports that I am unable to migrate my operating system to another drive. And we have to focus on the reasons that cause hurdles for users and that they can’t migrate OS to SSD.
Reasons that fail to clone the operating system to SSD
- The failure to migrate OS to SSD may occur due to software issues.
- The reduced space in your targeted SSD.
- The driver problem can cause the migration issue.
How to troubleshoot the OS migration to SSD issue?
- If the source drive and SSD are equivalent in size, reduce the capacity of the source drive to complete the migration process.
- If the migration fails due to a driver problem, upgrade the current driver.
- If the migration issue occurs due to improper software, change the software.
Part 4. Migrate only OS to SSD using PassFab 4EasyPartition effectively
In recent years, SSD has become a high-ranked hard drive for data storage. The users are also looking for how to move Windows from HDD to SSD. You can replace your old HHD with the new SSD. There are many ways to migrate OS to SSD, but PassFab 4EasyPartition is a reliable and time-saving software. Its simple interface makes it easy for users to migrate OS to SSD effectively in an easy way. PassFab 4EasyPartition operates to clone the operating system to SSD without reinstalling Windows. Before using this tool, you must prepare your system to copy OS to a new SSD.
Make Everything Ready for Transferring OS to SSD:
You have to make some preparations before transferring OS to SSD. And you can start migration with PassFab 4EasyPartition after following all preparations:
- Connect a new SSD to the PC
- Clear Useless Large Files on the Hard Drive
- Restore C Drive Data
- Download OS Migration Tool
The most crucial step is to download the OS migration tool. You must download the OS migration tool- PassFab 4EasyPartition simply after clicking the download button. The downloading completes in a few seconds. After following all these preparatory steps, you can transfer OS to SSD.
How to migrate only OS using PassFab 4EasyPartition
PassFab 4EasyPartition is the safest way to migrate OS to HDD or SSD within a few clicks. You have to follow the below-mentioned procedures to operate this migration tool.
- Connect to a new disk
- Execute System Migration:
- Once you download and launch PassFab 4EasyPartition , tap “Start” to migrate.
- Select both the source disk and the target disk. After that, click “Start” to proceed. Commonly, the source disk mentions the system disk while the target disk is inserted external disk.
- You will get a risk pop-up window in front of you. Tap “Sure” to move next.
- Tap “Start” after reviewing the preview interface's source disk and target disk information.
- Wait for the migration process to complete. The migration time varies from a few minutes to ten minutes, depending on the size of the data to migrate.
- Successful migration of your system is done. Now, tap “Finish” to complete the migration process.
- Boot Computer from the new disk
- Click the Boot key after restarting your computer. The boot menu will appear after some time.
- Select the new hard disk as the boot device. And then press “Enter” to reboot from it.
At first, you have to connect your computer to a new USB flash drive, HDD, or SSD to which you want to migrate.
Multiple tools are available to migrate OS to SSD. But PassFab 4EasyPartition is a trustworthy software for efficiently moving OS to HDD/SSD within a few clicks. This tool performs migration quickly without requiring reinstallation of Windows. In addition, PassFab 4EasyPartition comprises a simple interface that makes it the easiest way to migrate OS.