“I use a Mac, and I use Keynote to prepare my presentation. But I was told that I have to show the slides on a Windows computer. So, I was hoping to convert the file into a PowerPoint presentation. But I don’t even know if that is possible.”
So, if you were hoping to convert your Keynote presentation into a PowerPoint one, then we have good news for you. The conversion from key to PPT is a definite possibility. But you have to follow particular steps in order to get a successful conversion. Now to worry, we have prepared the article below with all the necessary details designed to fulfill your needs.
Part 1. How to Convert Keynote to PowerPoint
We have multiple solutions available that are capable of successfully convert keynote to PPT. We have provided the necessary details, check it out.
Solution 1. Convert Keynote to PowerPoint via Keynote
In this part, we are going to be using the functions of the Keynote app itself for the conversion. Keynote is a powerful application designed specifically for Apple devices. So, you can choose to use this particular application for the conversion. Check out the steps below.
- Step 1: Open the Keynote file on your Mac.
- Step 2: After that, click on ‘File’ and select the ‘Export To’ option.
Step 3: Choose ‘PowerPoint’ and in the format section select ‘.pptx’ which will be visible under ‘Advanced options’. Then, click ‘Next’ to proceed.
Step 4: Now, you can change the file name or keep the default name. After that, click the ‘Save’ button.
This is only one of the ways to convert the keynote file into a PPT document successfully. But there are other methods available, you can check them out below.
Solution 2. Convert Keynote to PowerPoint via iCloud
You can also use iCloud to convert key to PPT. The approach is completely different compared to the previous one. The guide is pretty simple; check it out below.
- Step 1: Navigate to iCloud.com and login.
Step 2: Then, click on the ‘Keynote’ icon, and you will be directed to the keynote website.
- Step 3: After that, click on the ‘Upload’ button and select the file.
Step 4: Then, click on the ‘Ellipsis’ icon, and the upload is finished. Then, select ‘Download a Copy’.
Step 5: Lastly, choose ‘PowerPoint’, and after the file is prepared, select ‘Save’.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen, confirming your action.
Solution 3. Convert Keynote to PPT Online
Lastly, our final choice is to use online conversion services. The use of such services is at a peak.
So, you can use any online service of your choice and convert the Keynote document into a PPT. But there are online services that have been proven to be a complete scam. So, we have prepared a list for you.
- Cloudconvert: https://cloudconvert.com/key-to-ppt
- Aconvert: https://www.aconvert.com/document/key-to-ppt/
- Onlineconvertfree: https://onlineconvertfree.com/convert-format/key-to-ppt/
- Online-convert: https://document.online-convert.com/convert/key-to-ppt
Also, we have provided a user guide on how to use;‘onlineconvertfree’ website for the conversion. Check out the guide below.
- Step 1: Go to the website and upload the file you want to convert.
- Step 2: Select the ‘PPT’ option.
- Step 3: Now, just wait for a while, and after the conversion is finished, you will be notifie.
Now, all you have to do is to download the converted document.
Part 2. How to Convert PowerPonit to Keynote
While MS PowerPoint is famous for making presentation slides, we tend to forget about its counterpart. There is another app designed for Apple devices for the same purpose; it is called Keynote. Now, there are several reasons why a user would want to convert PowerPoint to keynote. But the conversion is definitely possible. The steps are simple, details are provided in the article below.
We have discussed multiple ways to convert a PPT to keynote below. Also, we have provided the necessary details. So, check them out.
Method 1. Convert PowerPoint to Keynote on Mac
If you want to convert a PowerPoint document in a PPT on Mac, then follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Run keynote app on Mac and click on ‘File’. Select ‘Open’, and on the drop menu, click on ‘On My Mac’.
- Step 2: Then, find the PPT, and open it.
- Step 3: Once you open the PPT, you will face several warnings. But ignore them.
- Step 4: Just view the presentation and make changes.
Then, just save the file, and you have successfully converted the document.
Method 2. Convert PowerPoint to Keynote on iPad
If you are using an iPad and want to convert PPTX to keynote on that device, then use the steps below.
- Step 1: First, you have to email the presentation to yourself.
- Step 2: You won’t be able to open it. So, go to the attachment and select ‘Open In’. Then, choose Keynote app to open the file.
- Step 3: The presentation will not look the same, but you will be able to make the changes.
After changes are done, save the file. That’s it. You have successfully converted the document.
Method 3. Convert PowerPoint to Keynote Online
In this last and final part, we are going to use online services to convert PPT to keynote. There are several online services available for this particular conversion, but most of them are not effective, and there are a few with a low success rate.
So, we took the liberty and searched for valid online service that is capable of successfully converting a PPT into a Keynote.
The online service we are recommending is called ZAMZAR Online File Conversion. The steps are detailed below, check it out.
- Step 1: Go to the following link: https://www.zamzar.com/convert/ppt-to-key/
- Step 2: Click on ‘Add Files’ to upload the PPT.
- Step 3: After that, select ‘PPT’ as the format and click on ‘Convert Now’.
Now, you just have to wait for a while. You will be notified after the conversion is finished. Then just download the file.
Bonus Tips: How to Unlock Password-Protected PowerPont File
You have already discussed the ways to convert keynote to PowerPoint in the previous part of this article. But this part is all about encrypted PowerPoint document and the way to unlock it without the password.
The best way to bypass the Microsoft security would be to use a professional password recovery program. This is the simplest option. These types of programs are easily available, but after checking out several of them, we recommend the use of PassFab for PPT.
This is an excellent program, designed specifically for the password recovery of a PPT document. It provides fast password recovery with ease. Check out its steps below.
Step 1: First, get the PassFab for PPT on your computer and finish the setup. Then, run the program.
Step 2: Then, import the locked PPT document. So, click on the ‘Add’ button.
Step 3: Then, you have to choose between 3 different attack types. The options are Dictionary Attack, Brute Force Attack, and Brute Force with Mask Attack.
Step 4: After the attack type is confirmed, click ‘Start’ and unlock the PPT.
PassFab for PPT is one of the best and most effective options available for the recovery of the encryption code for a PowerPoint document. By the way, you can watch this video about how to use it:
Hence, it is definitely possible to convert Keynote into a PPT. The procedures are different. You have the option to use iCloud or the Keynote app itself. Both of the methods are effective; you can use any depending on your preference. But if you are looking for a way to bypass the security on your MS PowerPoint document without the password, then PassFab for PPT is the best option.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>