“I am having trouble inserting an important video in my PPT. Is there any specific way I can attach the video. Please show me the steps.”
Adding a video makes the presentations even better for visual aids. But the video adding process is a hassle for most MS Office users. This is not a well-known procedure, and most people struggle while attaching a video. But not to worry, the steps are simple, and they are available in the article below. So, check out the article and learn how to embed a Youtube video in PowerPoint.
The insertion of a YouTube video in a PowerPoint document is not a difficult task. But the procedure is very specific, and it requires precision. The best part is that there are multiple methods available to make the attachment.
So, read the article below and figure out how to insert YouTube video into PowerPoint.
- Method 1. Embed YouTube Video in PowerPoint 2016-2019
- Method 2. Insert YouTube Video into PowerPoint 2013
- Method 3. Add Youtube Video to PowerPoint 2010
- Method 4. Put A YouTube Video in PowerPoint 2007
- Method 5. Embed YouTube Video in PowerPoint for Mac
Method 1. Embed YouTube Video in PowerPoint 2016-2019
It is very easy to embed YouTube video in PowerPoint. The following steps are very specific and primarily meant for MS PowerPoint 2016 and 2019.
- Step 1: Open the desired video on YouTube.
- Step 2: Copy the URL of the said video and then open the PPT.
- Step 3: Select the slide and click ‘Insert’.
- Step 4: Navigate to ‘Video’ and select ‘Online Video’.
Then, a new window will appear on the screen. Paste the URL there and hit ‘Enter’ to complete the process.
Method 2. Insert YouTube Video into PowerPoint 2013
The use of MS PowerPoint is also very convenient, and you won’t have any issues to insert a video in PowerPoint 2013. Let’s check out the steps below. Here’s how to add YouTube video to PowerPoint.
- Step 1: Open the PPT document and select the slide to add the video.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Insert’ tab and then click on ‘Video’.
Step 3: Select, ‘Online Video’.
Step 4: Then a box will appear. It is called ‘Search YouTube’ box. Type the name of the video and hit ‘Enter’.
- Step 5: Select the video from the results and click ‘Insert’.
After that, the video will be successfully saved on the slide.
Method 3. Add Youtube Video to PowerPoint 2010
The steps for adding a YouTube video on a PowerPoint 2010 document are similar to the steps we have disclosed on ‘Option 1’. Check it out.
Method 4. Put A YouTube Video in PowerPoint 2007
- Step 1: Open the PPT and click on the MS Office icon at the top.
- Step 2: Choose ‘PowerPoint Options’ and go to ‘Popular Category’.
- Step 3: Make sure that the ‘Show Developer Tab’ is selected and click ‘OK’.
- Step 4: Now, choose the slide on the ‘Developer Tab’ and select ‘More Controls’.
- Step 5: Then, scroll down and select ‘Shockwave ActiveX’. And hit ‘OK’.
- Step 6: Now, click then drag and draw a rectangle on the specific slide. And then paste the URL for the video.
Lastly, go to the slide with ActiveX and make the right-click. Click ‘Properties’. Now, you just have to scroll down to the Movie tab and insert the video URL.
Method 5. Embed YouTube Video in PowerPoint for Mac
Embedding a video in a PowerPoint document on a Mac is also not a difficult process. Check out the steps below.
- Step 1: Copy the video URL from YouTube.
- Step 2: After that, go to ‘clipconverter.cc’ on the Mac and paste the URL there.
- Step 3: Click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Step 4: Wait for the file to get converted. After the file is converted, download it and click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Step 5: Now, open the PPT document and select the slide.
- Step 6: Click ‘Insert’ and select ‘Movie’ and then select ‘Movie from file or video’.
- Step 7: After that, click on ‘Video on My PC’.
Lastly, you just have to locate the saved video and click ‘OK’. The video will be attached successfully.
Bonus Tips: How to Open Locked PowerPoint File
For this part, we are going to recommend a professional program for the recovery of the PPT document that you have lost.
Security for your personal document is necessary, but when you have lost the access code, it will become even for you to access the document. In such situations, you require an efficient password recovery program. The one we are recommending is known as PassFab for PPT. This is a genuine program with excellent password recovery capability.
Step 1: Download PassFab. Then, complete the installation and run it.
Step 2: After that, import the locked document by clicking on ‘Add’.
Step 3: Then, you have to choose among different attack modes. Dictionary Attack, Brute Force Attack, and Brute Force with Mask Attack, these are the attack modes.
Step 4: So, after choosing the attack mode, click on the ‘Start’ and begin the recovery.
PassFab for PPT is effective and fast as well. With the high recovery rate, PassFab for PPT stands atop all the recovery programs for a PowerPoint document. By the way, you can also watch this video tutorial about how to use.
Therefore, you can easily embed a YouTube video in a PowerPoint document. We have discussed 5 different ways to make the attachment. Check out the steps; they will be very helpful. But you can also use the PowerPoint password recovery tool from PassFab if you have forgotten the password for the document to recover the forgotten password.