There are two main reasons why someone would have to change his Windows 10 product key. You have to change the product key if your current key is not legal, in this case, you don't have to reinstall your OS from the very start, in fact, you can just replace the old key with a new and genuine one. The other reason why people have to change their product key is that the old one has expired. Now, if you are someone who is going through any one of the above-mentioned problems, then you need to stick with us a little longer because we are now going to tell you about some of the best and the easiest ways to change Windows 10 product key.
How to Change Windows 10 Product Key?
Here are a few ways that can come in handy if you want to change your Windows 10 product key:
1. Change Windows 10 Product Key Using Settings
One of the easiest and the most basic way to change your Windows 10 product key is to do it through the Settings. All you have to do is to;
- Head to the "Settings"
- Click on the option that says "Update and Security".
- Click on "Activation"
- There you will have to click on "Change the product key" link.
- Now type in the new 25-digit product key in this area and then click on "Next."
- If this method works for you, you will then receive a "Windows activated" message.
2. Change Your Windows 10 Product Key Using Control Panel
Another great way to change your Windows 10 product key is to head to the Control Panel. For that, you have to;
- Use the shortcut "Windows key + X" and open the Power user menu.
- Now, click on the "Settings."
- There you will see a "Change the product key" link under the Windows activation section.
- Now, type your new product key here in this area and then click on "Next."
- If this method works for you, you will see a "Windows activated" message on your screen.
3. Change Windows 10 Product Key Using Command Prompt
You can also use Command Prompt to change your product key. For that you have to;
- Go to the Start Menu and then search for Command Prompt
- Right click on the result and then select the "Run as administrator".
- Now, here you have to type the command: slmgr.vbs /ipk <enter your 25-digit product key here>. Make sure to type in the product key correctly because there are high chances that this method will work for you and you will see the message "Installed product key successfully."
Change Windows 10 Product Key Using SLUI 3
For this method all you have to do is to:
- Use the shortcut key "Windows key + R" and then run command.
- Now, type slui.exe.3 and click on "OK" in order to open up the Windows activation client.
- Here you will see a box where you have to enter your 25-digit product key for Windows 10.
- Now click on "Next" to complete the process.
Use CHANGEPK To Change Your Windows 10 Product Key
Lastly, you can use CHANGEPK to replace your new product key with the old one. For this you have to;
- Open the Run command by using the shortcut key "Windows key + R."
- Now, type changepk.exe and click on "OK" to open up the Windows activation client
- Here you have to enter your new 25-digit product code and then enter "Next" to complete the activation process.
These are a few ways that can help you change your Windows 10 product key. Now, if you are someone who lost his Windows 10 product key or wants to get a new one, then we do have an amazing software that can help you in such a situation, the software we are talking about is PassFab Product Key Recovery.
Extra Tips: Find Windows 10 Product Key with PassFab Product Key Recovery
Your Windows 10 product key is somewhat worth $100, and it is the most important asset you need for activating Windows 10. Now, there are several sites on the internet that claim to provide you a genuine Windows 10 product key, but the truth is that most of these are scammers. However, if you really want an authentic and reliable source to get a genuine Windows 10 product key for the activation, then you have to try PassFab Product Key Recovery. With this software, you cannot only get a new product key, in fact, if you've lost one, then PassFab Product Key Recovery will recover it for you as well.
How to find your Windows 10 product key using PassFab Product Key Recovery? Here are a few steps, you need to follow in order to get your key recovered.
Step 1. Installing PassFab Product Key Recovery
- Download PassFab Product Key Recovery on your computer.
- Make sure that your computer has Windows activated on it.
- Now install the software by following the instructions in the installation Wizard.
Step 2. Extracting the product key
Click on the "Get Key" option and then wait for 1 or 2 minutes. PassFab Product Key Recovery will automatically detect all the information about the license and you will then be able to see all the information on your screen.
Step 3. Save the file on your desktop
- Click on the button that says "Generate Text."
- Now wait till a window pops up where you can save the file in txt.
Step 4. Open the txt file and view your product key
We hope you now understand the reason why some people have to change their Windows 10 product keys. Moreover, we've tried our best to guide you in the key changing process, so, use the above-mentioned methods and we assure you that you won't be facing any difficulty. On the other hand, if you lost your Windows 10 product key and are unable to activate Windows 10 on your desktop, then you need to use PassFab Product Key Recovery for sure. This software is one of its kind, and it comes with a complete guarantee of product key recovery. In a nutshell, with PassFab Product Key Recovery and its services, you won't be disappointed at all and you'll get your key recovered within no time, that too without breaking a bank.