If you recently have been facing an error in windows and have entered Windows 10 safe mode to check or troubleshoot the problem but you are facing another problem of not able to login with your password that you may have been using regularly. So, today we will get you out of this problem by explaining to you some ways to easily reset your password and get you out of locked computer after entering safe mode for a DDU.
Before heading to the solution let me give you a short introduction to what actually is safe mode in windows.
What is Safe Mode?
Safe mode is basically a diagnostic mode in the Windows operating system that lets you find and solve the problem. While you boot in the safe mode it only loads essential programs and services that are required in the boot.
Locked out of Windows After Entering Safe Mode How to Fix?
Fix 1: Factory Reset the windows
Obviously, you cannot log in into the windows so that why this is the only way that you can use to reset the windows without logging in. This is the normal way to help you get out of safe mode on Windows 10.
- Step 1: Boot your computer and while your pc has not booted, hold the power button to suddenly shut down the pc to enter Advanced Startup menu.
- Step 2: The advanced tool options window will be as shown above from there right click on the Troubleshoot.
- Step 3: Now, click on the Reset this pc option in the next options which you get after clicking on the troubleshoot option.
- Step 4: When you click on the reset this pc option you will then be asked to either "Remove everything" or "Keep my files".
Now, obviously, you would like to keep files or maybe you want to erase everything. It's on you to choose any one of the options from these two. After choosing any of the options the reset process will begin.
Fix 2: Remove Windows password
If you want to remove password without losing data, we recommend using PassFab 4WinKey, which is an easy to use software to remove Windows password. You just need a USB flash drive, a computer and using the software you can make any USB a windows password reset disk.
Follow the steps below to reset the password using PassFab 4winkey.
- Step 1: Download and Install the PassFab 4winkey on a different computer.
- Step 2: Run the software and insert USB flash drive or CD/DVD. Here, we gonna use USB as an example.
- Step 3: Select your USB from the USB Flash Drive option and click next.
- Step 4: Waiting for a few seconds and your password reset disk will be created. Then, attach the USB to the locked computer and restart it. At the same time, press "F12" or "ESC" to enter BIOS menu.
Can't enter? Find the right key below:
Boot Key Desktop Laptop Tablet F12 HP, Lenovo, Acer, ASUS, Hasee, Haier, THTF, eFound Dell, IBM, Samsung, Toshiba, Acer, Gateway, Lenovo, ThinkPad, Fujitsu, GAGABYTE, Emachines, Hasee, Haier, eFound, THTF, MSI, BenQ, Razer, Xiaomi Microsoft Surface F9 HP F8 ASUS, BenQ ESC Dell ASUS, Sony Volume Up Volume Up Option Apple
- Step 5: After entering the boot menu, use arrow key to select your reset disk and press Enter. Then, save & exit the BIOS menu. Now, your computer will automatically boot from the USB drive.
- Step 6: You will see 4WinKey interface, select the Windows system for which you have forgotten your password.
- Step 7: Select your Locked account and choose "Remove Account Password" to remove the password.
After removing success, plug out the USB and restart your pc. Now, you can log into the windows without any password.
SummaryThis article covers Fixing locked out of windows 10 after a user enters into Safe mode of Windows. First section guide user about What exactly is a Safe mode and how to reset Windows 10 password using advance settings. The second section helps user by getting them reset Windows 10 password with a useful tool known as PassFab 4WinKey. It is such a great tool that helps user in case they forget the password to reset it and regain access of locked Windows PC.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>