Top 2 Ways to Create A Password Reset Disk on Windows 10
If you are one of the Windows 10 users who are used to setting a login password for the computer, you may have the fear of forgetting the password someday. Create a password reset disk in windows 10 will be best way to avoid this frustrating situation. Normally you are recommended to set up a password reset flash drive when you initially set up your user account. However, you can also create a password reset disk for another locked Windows 10 computer if you forgot the password.
- Part 1: How to Set up A Password Reset Disk on Windows 10 When Remember Password
- Part 2: How to Create A Windows 10 Password Reset Disk When Forgot Password
While your computer is on, you can easily make a password reset disk for future use by following the steps below.
- Press Windows key and X to open the Start menu, choose “Control Panel”.
- Click “User Accounts” in the Control Panel and then choose “User Accounts” in the new screen.
- Find the link “Create a password reset disk” from the left task pane.
- When you see the “Forgotten Password Wizard” pops out, inset a USB/CD drive and click “Next”.
- Now you need to choose a password reset disk and then click “Next” to go on.
- Enter the password for the current account and click on “Next”. Wait for the wizard finishing password reset disk creating and click “Next”.
- Click “Finish” on the next screen and close the wizard. Now the password reset disk is created successfully.
If you unluckily haven’t created a password reset disk and forgot the password, things will be a little difficult. With PassFab ToolKit, you can easily create a password reset disk for a locked Windows 10/8/7 computer using USB flash drive.
- Download and install the software on another workable computer, run the program and insert a CD/DVD/USB flash drive. Choose the drive and click “Burn”.
- Now the software will start extracting iso files to USB flash to create a bootable password reset disk. This process will take about one minute.
- Once the password reset disk is burnt successfully, eject it and insert to the password locked computer to start password resetting.
The Bottom Line
Hope the methods introduced in this article can help you create a password reset disk on Windows 10 successfully. If you want to reset password for Microsoft Office, PDF files, Windows product keys, PassFab ToolKit is also your best choice.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>