If your PC isn't run well, resetting it might help to protect your computer from virus infections and delete damaged files. However, there will be situations when you need to circumvent a forgotten administrator password, otherwise, you can't factory reset. If you've been handed an outdated PC with an existing user account, you may lack the necessary credentials to clean and reuse the computer. You'll need to follow these instructions on how to factory reset a Windows 10 laptop or PC without password.
- Part 1: How to Factory Reset Windows 10 without Password -If You have Logined to System
- Part 2: How to Reset Windows 10 without Password -If You are Locked out of Your PC
- Part 3: Remove Windows 10 Password If You Can't Factory Reset without Password.
- Part 4: What you need to know ?
Part 1: How to Factory Reset Windows 10 without Password -If You have Logined to System
Method 1: Erase the Hard Drive from Setting
1. Please make sure to back up your files before resetting.
2. If you choose the Keep my files option to save your files, it will ask for your account password.
3. If you’ve encrypted your device, you’ll need your BitLocker key to reset your PC.
4. Read also: How to find your Bitlocker recovery? What is Hard Drive?
- Go to the [Start ] menu > click the [Setting ] in the bottom left corner.
- Select [under Update & Security] > [Recovery] .
- You have two options at this point: either keep my files, or Remove everything and start again. Both options will provide you with extra options to tweak. If you choose the Keep my files option to save your files, it will ask for your account password.
- Now, based on your cases, make all of your selections, click [Next], and Windows will display a screen that summarises your choices. If you chose to keep my data, you'll be able to see a list of applications that will be deleted as part of the reset.
- Finally, click [Reset] to finalize your decision.
Part 2: How to Reset Windows 10 without Password - If You are Locked out of Your PC
Method 2: Through Windows Recovery Environment(winRE)
1. Please make sure to back up your files before resetting.
2. If you’ve encrypted your device, you’ll need your BitLocker key to reset your PC.
3. Many users complain that they can't enter Windows Recovery Environment by clicking shift & Restart.
4. Read also: What is Windows Recovery Environment? How to find your Bitlocker recovery?
Here's how to use Windows 10's built-in feature to fix how to reset Windows 10 without password if you are locked out of your PC.
Two ways to enter into the interface of Windows Recovery Environment
Way 1: Shut down and turn on your computer frequently
1. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.
2. Press the power button again to turn on your device.
3. Hold down the power button when when you see the manufacturer's logo appear.
4. Repeat step 1/2/3 several times untill you see the following interface.
Way 2: Shift + Restart
1. Shut down your computer completely
2. Hold down the [Shift] key
3. Press the Power button on your computer.
- Click [Troubleshoot] > [Enter]
Select [Reset this PC] and then [Remove Everything] on the following screen. Otherwise, you'll be prompted for a password if you select [Keep my files] which you have lost already.
- The computer will now swiftly reboot and urge you to choose an option. The system will resume when you select the option that best meets your needs.
Method 3: Use Installation Disk from Microsoft.com
1. Resetting your PC will delete all your files, settings, and apps on the hard drive. Please make sure to back up your files before resetting.
2. The whole process is quite complicated.
One of the ways that you can employ to factory reset Windows is by using an installation disc or a USB drive. Let’s learn how you can do this.
- Create installation drive for Windows 10 from Microsoft.com.
- Use the installation drive to boot your Windows 10 laptop. When the installation page appears, select [Next], followed by Repair your machine.
- Select [Troubleshoot] > [Reset this PC].
- Choose [Remove everything to permanently delete all of your personal stuff], including your password.
- Make a selection of drivers. If you do not want to delete data on the other drive, use the first option [Only the disc on which Windows is installed]. If you choose to retain your laptop, choose [Just remove my files]. Click [Reset] to do a factory reset of Windows 10 without requiring a password.
- Please ensure that your laptop is hooked to electricity throughout the reset procedure.
Part 3: Remove Windows 10 Password If You Can't Factory Reset without Password.
Method 4: PassFb 4Winkey
Note: PassFab 4WinKey will not cause data loss, you can use it with confidence.
What to do if you forgot windows 10 password? PassFab 4WinKey will be your simplest, quickest, and safest solution for resolving unlock computer without password which is an important step before you factory reset your computer.
More significantly, you don’t need to be tech-savvy to use this application, as it has a straightforward and engaging user interface. Additional features that contribute to this software's popularity as a solution for resolving your difficulties include the following.
- Creates Windows Password Reset Disk
- Remove or reset local & admin password
- Reset Windows Password Offline
- Easy to create a new administrator
- No need to format or reinstall Windows
Choose a bootable medium (CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive) to use as an initial point. We'll use the USB port as an example in this section. Go ahead and click the [Next] button to begin the process of creating a bootable drive.
Insert the USB flash drive to your locked computer > restart computer and press [F12] to enter the boot menu > select the USB flash drive > press [Enter] to select Boot device> save it and exit.
Reset/ remove/ delete/ create windows account
Choose the Windows system you are using on the locked computer > select a local guest account, administrator account, or Microsoft account > feature [Reset Account Password] > Click the [Next] button.
After the new password has been successfully reset, restart your computer and remove the boot disc by clicking the [Reboot] option. You may now use the new password to get into your Windows pc.Free Download For Win 10/8.1/8/7/XPSecure DownloadFree Download For macOS 11 and belowSecure Download
Part 4: What you need to know ?
Q1: What's the difference between refresh, reset and restore your PC?
- Refresh your PC will reinstall Windows and keep your personal files and settings. It also keeps the apps that came with your PC and the apps you installed from the Microsoft Store.
- Reset your PC will reinstall Windows but delete your files, settings, and apps except for the apps that came with your PC.
- Restore your PC will revoke recent system changes you've made.
Q2: What is Hard Drive?
Almost every computer will have a buil-in restore process or system restore disc on the hard drive to reset the computer. It will help resolve the software problems such as virus infections and damaged files.
Q3: What is Windows Recovery Environment?
It is a recovery environment that can repair common causes of unbootable operating systems.
A big problem as it may seem, PassFab 4WinKey solves the problem pretty quickly. All you have to do is follow the steps that we discussed in the article.
Although a USB or installation disc is an effective method, it will not keep your data safe. Therefore, PassFab 4WinKey is the ultimate solution to help you resolve how to factory reset windows 10 without password!