"Is there a way to bypass the password screen (Windows 7)? My daughter created an admin password and now can't remember it. It's a Sony Vaio W7, second hand computer. Unfortunately, she didn't know to save the password to a disk or flash."
Windows 7 admin password is one of the best ways to secure your data from illegal access. But remembering complex passwords in this fast world is a little bit difficult. In order to remember you should write it somewhere in daily but if you lose your diary what will happen. Hence this is not the solution. The only solution that we are left with is how to bypass admin password on Windows 7.
Because forgetting things is in human nature none can deny that. It's not as much difficult as you think. There are multiple secure, easy and fast methods that can reset admin password on Windows 7. In this article, we will be enlightening some of them. If you have made your mind to bypass or reset your Windows 7 admin password rather than reinstalling Windows, congrats you have saved your time.
- Part 1. Knowing Windows 7 Administrator Password and Want to Bypass
- Part 2. Four Ways to Bypass Windows 7 Password If You Don't Have Administrator Privilege
- Part 3. Bypass Password on Windows 7 with Built-in Administrator in Safe Mode
Part 1. Knowing Windows 7 Administrator Password and Want to Bypass
If you know the password and want to reset, it is easy as pie. You just need to be logged into your Windows 7 administrator account. Same as admin can do anything, administrator account can also do anything. Just follow the procedure step by step.
- Step 1. Login with Windows 7 administrator account.
- Step 2. Now open Start menu and click on Control Panel.
- Step 3. From control panel find "User Accounts and Family Safety". Under that you will see "Add or remove user accounts". click that link.
- Step 4. A new window will appear with all the User Accounts. Select your Admin account from them.
- Step 5. After selecting your account, on left side you will see "Change password" click that link.
- Step 6. You will be asked Current Password, New Password and Retype New Password. Fill these field and click "Change Password". Optionally you can also set "Password Hint".
Your password has been changed successfully now reboot your system and log in with new password.
Part 2. Four Ways to Bypass Windows 7 Password If You Don't Have Administrator Privilege
With no longer administrator privileges, it will be little tricky to reset admin password on Windows 7. Tricky doesn't mean it's impossible. Where there is will there is a way. There are multiple methods to reset admin password on Windows 7 without admin privileges, which are widely used.
Solution 1. Bypass Windows 7 Admin Password with Recovery Utility
If you are not interested in the above solution, this one might. PassFab 4WinKey is a 3rd-party software that will help you reset admin password on Windows 7. It's too easy and time saving. It's not technical anyone can use PassFab 4WinKey easily. You just need to follow the user guide below.
- Step 1. Get 4WinKey software and execute it.
- Step 2. As 4WinKey starts it will ask you to choose media to burn it on. You can use USB/DVD/CD to burn on. We use USB here as an example.
- Step 3. For USB you should not have anything on it as it will ask you to format it. No matter what you have to choose "Next".
- Step 4. You will be notified by successful message as burning completes.
- Step 5.Now, insert the bootable disk into your locked computer. Restart the computer and press "F12" to enter boot menu. Then, select your disk and exit.
- Step 6.Now, you will see 4WinKey interface. Choose Windows system > Remove account password to bypass Windows 7 administrator password.
- Step 7. Wait for a minute, your password will be removed. Then, plug out usb disk and reboot your computer.
Here is a video guide about how to reset Windows 7 admin password.
Solution 2. Windows 7 Admin Password Bypass with Reset Disk
Password reset disk is the first option to reset Windows 7 admin password without admin privileges but for that, you need password reset disk also. If you have got one then follow the following steps, if not skip this solution and move on to next solution.
- Step 1. Turn on your PC and enter anything in password field and press "Enter".
- Step 2. An error message of "Incorrect Password" will be shown, press "Enter" again.
- Step 3. As you see "Reset Password" link, plug-in your USB and click "Reset Password".
- Step 4. If USB contain password information a password recovery wizard will appear, click "Next".
- Step 5. Select USB drive name from the dropdown list and click "Next".
- Step 6. Now enter and re-enter your new password and click "Next".
Your password has been successfully changed you can now reboot your system and login with new password.
Solution 3. Bypass Administrator Password Windows 7 via System Repair Disc
This solution will be needing any media (USB, CD, DVD) booted with Windows 7. Only then this procedure is possible. Now if you got one lets proceed further. Go step by step.
- Step 1. Boot your system from CD/DVD/USB.
- Step 2. As Windows Installer Screen appears select the require information and press "Next".
- Step 3. On left bottom corner you will see "Repair Your Computer". Select that option.
- Step 4. Wait for a while until it finds your installed windw.
- Step 5. Select and note your Window's drive (For multiple Windows) and click "Next".
- Step 6. Now from the System Recovery Options select "Command Prompt".
- Step 7. Once CMD opens Execute Both of the command mentioned below one after other.
"copy d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe d:\" "copy d:\windows\system32\cmd.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe" "Overwrite d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe? (Yes/No/All)"
- Step 8. Type "Yes" and Press Enter.
- Step 9. Remove the media and restart your system.
- Step 10. On logon screen on bottom left corner select click "Ease Access" which will open CMD.
- Step 11. Now type following command and press Enter: "net user".
- Step 12. Your account name will appear with other information as well. Now type following command and press enter: "net user account_name" (account_name the name appears on screen, in my case its admin) and press enter.
- Step 13. You will be asked to type and retype your new password. Type password and close CMD.
Now you can login with your new password.
Solution 4. Bypass Win 7 Admin Password with Command Prompt
Windows 7 has this feature to reset password using command prompt in safe mode and it has built-in Administrator Account which has no password .You just need to access that. Don't worry if you don't know the procedure, we will guide you.
- Step 1. Boot your system and Press "F8" on boot. This will open Advance Boot Options.
- Step 2. Look for "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and select that option.
- Step 3. As your system starts in safe mode, it will pop-up Command Prompt with admin rights.
- Step 4. Now type the command below and press enter:
"net user username new_password"
- Step 5. Use your account's username in place of user name and new password in place of new_password.
This will change your Local account password and now you can login with new password.
Part 3. Bypass Password on Windows 7 with Built-in Administrator in Safe Mode
Resetting password using Windows 7 safe mode is another easy way. If it's your own account but you have another account on the system with administrator privileges, you can reset Windows 7 password with built-in administrator in safe mode. Just implement the following steps.
- Step 1. Go Windows 7 safe mode by rebooting your system. Press F8 as your system reboots this will take you to Advance Boot Options.
- Step 2. Use arrow keys to navigate to Safe Mode option and press enter.
- Step 3. On logon screen click on "Administrator". It has no password by default but if you have ever set Built-in Administrator password, enter that password and get access.
- Step 4. Go to start menu and select "Control Panel".
- Step 5. Under "User Accounts and Safety" click on "Add or Remove User Accounts".
- Step 6. Among the pst of User Accounts choose your account to change password.
- Step 7. On left side look for "Change Password" and click on it.
- Step 8. Set the new password and restart your system. Now you can login to your account with the help of new password.
Resetting password was never easy, especially when we are dealing with updated Windows. But with the above solutions it's as easy as pie. You just need right tools and techniques to bypass Windows 7 password. However the strong password is with right tools and techniques you can regain access to Windows 7. Apart from that PassFab 4WinKey is secure, fast and easiest way to bypass and reset password.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>