If you’ve locked yourself out of the Windows Starter 7 and want to bypass it, then you’ve come to the right platform. Gone are the days when retrieving the lost Windows password was a tough task. Now, you can easily get into a locked computer without losing your precious data – as long as you’re relying on the right methods.
We have scoured the internet and gather the easiest methods to Windows 7 Starter password reset USB that anyone can perform while sitting at home.
Let’s read them up.
- How to Reset Password on Windows 7 Starter with 4 Ways
- Way 1: Try Windows 7 Starter Password Reset USB with PassFab 4WinKey (100%)
- Way 2: Password Reset Disk Windows 7 Starter via Installation Disk (Free)
- Way 3: Reset Windows 7 Starter Password by Ophcrack (Free)
How to Reset Password on Windows 7 Starter with 4 Ways
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to reset Windows 7 Starter login password using 4 simple methods. All you need to do is implement them one by one and rest assured, one of them will definitely work for you.
Way 1: Try Windows 7 Starter Password Reset USB with PassFab 4WinKey (100%)
When it comes to resetting the Windows Starter 7 password safely, PassFab 4WinKey is your best bet. It is a professional software designed to help users reset the Windows password without any technical hassles. Its user-friendly and intuitive interface, super-quick speed, and high user ratings make it the #1 Windows Password Reset tool available in 2021.
What’s best about this software is its 100% success rate and its ability to protect users’ data and devices. Here’s how you use this multi-featured software.
Once downloaded, install and launch PassFab 4WinKey on an accessible computer a plug a USB drive into it. Then, select the USB drive and click on Next on the home interface.
A confirmation wizard will pop up. Hit on Next and wait for a few minutes until 4WinKey burns the flash drive completely.
- Once the drive is burned, remove it and connect it to the locked computer and restart it.
Soon the computer starts booting, press F12 to enter the BIOS menu. Here, use the arrow keys to highlight the burned flash drive and hit Enter to select it.
- Then, save and exit the Boot menu.
Your computer will reboot automatically. After a few seconds, you’ll see the PassFab 4WinKey wizard on the screen. Select the Windows System you want to reset and hit on Next.
A new 4WinKey interface will appear showing various features. Choose the “Reset Account password” option and then, select the user account and click on Next.
The program will ask you to enter the new password. Type a password and hit on Reset. Now, wait for a few minutes until the program removes the password and after that, click on Reboot and get into your computer using the new password.
Way 2: Password Reset Disk Windows 7 Starter via Installation Disk (Free)
Another popular and highly sought-after method to reset Windows 7 Starter password is by using an Installation disk. We have read many user feedback claiming that this technique has produced the intended results for them.
What’s best about this method is that it’s completely free and you don’t have to rely on any third-party software to use password reset disk Windows 7 Starter. Check it out yourself by following the below steps:
- First of all, get a copy of the Windows 7 installation disk and insert it into your locked computer. Then, restart it and repeatedly press F12 soon after it restarts to enter into the BIOS Set-Up menu.
Now, boot your computer from the Windows 7 installation CD.
- It will restart. When you reach the Windows 7 install screen, click on Next as shown in the figure.
On the next interface, click on the “Repair Your Computer” option to proceed.
A list of System Recovery Options will pop up. Hit on Command Prompt from the recovery options.
- On the command wizard, enter the below commands one by one and hit Enter after typing each.
ren sethc.exe sethc.exe.bak
copy cmd.exe sethc.exe
Note: Replace “c” with the letter of the drive in which OS is installed if it’s not already in “c.”
- Now, restart your computer by typing the command: "wpeutil reboot" and hit Enter. When you reach the Windows 7 login screen, press the Shift key 5 times and it will open Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Here, you can reset your password. Run the command “net user username password” and replace “username” with the name of your Windows account and replace “password” with a new password of your choosing.
- Finally, exit the Commands prompt and you’ll be able to get into your computer without a password.
Way 3: Reset Windows 7 Starter Password by Ophcrack (Free)
Ophcrack is a free and one of the easiest methods to reset a user password for Windows 7 Starter. Instead of bypassing the password, it helps users find out the lost password.
The method has not a satisfactory success ratio but it has worked for many users and can produce the desired results for you. This method entails using an Ophcrack Live CD just like you need an installation disk for the method summarized above.
Here’s how you can retrieve a lost password using Ophcrack Live CD:
- Free download Ophcrack Live CD to an accessible computer and then burn the ISO image to it using an ISO burning application.
- Now, remove the CD from the accessible or second PC and insert it into the locked computer and restart it.
- Soon after it restarts, press F12 or any other shortcut key combination to enter the Boot menu and let the computer boot from the recently burned CD.
Your computer will restart and after a few seconds, you’ll see the Ophcrack Live CD loading. It will show all the user accounts on your computer under the User (first) column and start recovering their passwords.
- Wait for the process to complete and Ophcrack Live CD will display the retrieved passwords against the previously locked username in the NT Pwd column.
- Note down the passwords and restart your computer normally. You’ll be able to log in to your user account using the recovered password.
Way 4: Reset Password Windows 7 Starter under Safe Mode (Fast)
When you have forgotten the login password and are locked out of your computer then, you can reset the password using a built-in Windows Administrator account. Each Windows 7 system creates a built-in administrator account by default during the installation process. The process involves resetting the password by entering into the Safe Mode.
This method is fast and effective but works only if you have enabled the Administrator account and didn’t set a password for it, else the built-in administrator account won’t show up.
So, if this condition is met, then follow the below steps to Windows 7 Starter password reset:
Restart your computer and soon it starts booting, press F8 to bring the Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Highlight the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option using the arrow keys and hit Enter to select it. Now, you’ll enter the built-in administrator and the Command Prompt window.
Run the command “Net User <Username> <New Password> ” and wait for the process to complete.
- When you see the "The command completed successfully” message, restart your computer and log in using the new password.
Hopefully, this article has helped you learn how to reset password on Windows 7 Starter. All the methods explained in this guide are highly effective and can get you inside the locked computer.
But if you want the simplest method to do so then, install PassFab 4WinKey and reset the Windows 7 password with just a few clciks.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>