"How to unlock a computer? I Forgot the password. Is there any way to bypass factory reset the computer?"
- A user from Microsoft Community
The different password security is available in Windows such as a PIN, password, picture password, and fingerprint lock on selected laptops. Generally, it isn't easy to unlock a Windows computer without password but we gathering some ways that will help you in unlocking the computer without a password. Let's check it out now!
- Section 1. 5 Free Ways for Unlocking Computer without Password
- Section 2. The Best Way to Unlock Computer - PassFab 4WinKey
Section 1. 5 Free Ways for Unlocking Computer Without Password
Unlocking the Windows computer without password can be done by following some few steps. Here in this part, we are going to compile some best ways on how to unlock computer without password.
- Way 1. Unlock Computer with Password Reset Disk
- Way 2. Unlock Computer in Safe Mode
- Way 3. Unlock Computer Password with Windows Installation Disk
- Way 4. Unlock Local Account Password
- Way 5. Unlock the Password from the Second Login Account
Way 1. Unlock Windows Computer with Password Reset Disk
A password reset disk is a document you make on a USB drive or an SD card that when connected to your Windows PC will enable you to reset Windows password on the boot screen. The best part about the password reset disk is that you just need to make it once, and it will work always, regardless of how frequently you need to utilize it. Using password reset disk, you can easily unlock the locked computer without using the password.
- Step 1: First, you have to turn on the computer and insert the password reset disk to the computer.
- Step 2: Click on the "Reset Password" link on the lock screen. Password Reset Wizard will appear.
Step 3: Click “Next” and select your password reset disk in the dropdown menu.
- Step 4: Press “Next” button and you can type your new password and confirm.
- Step 5: Click “Next” when the progress bar is 100% completed, and click “Finish”.
Way 2. Unlock Windows Computer in Safe Mode
Safe Mode is an extraordinary path for Windows to stack when there is a framework basic issue that meddles with the typical task of Windows. The reason for Safe Mode is to enable you to investigate Windows and endeavor to figure out what is making it not work effectively. Safe Mode begins your PC with a negligible arrangement of drivers and administrations. No outsider programming or drivers get stacked, and even the implicit Windows stuff is restricted to exactly what's vital. Below is how to unlock a Windows computer with safe mode.
- Step 1: First, turn on your computer and press and hold the F8 button to open the Advanced boot options.
Step 2: Now, you have to choose "Safe Mode" from the given options by hitting the "Enter" button.
- Step 3: Now, log in as the account named Administrator.
- Step 4: After that, you can change or remove the password from the control panel.
Way 3. Unlock Windows Computer Password with Windows Installation Disk
Windows installation disk is the USB drive or CD/DVD that have a Windows package. Using the Windows installation disk, you can perform various things including repairing, resetting, Windows installation, and much more. Using this method is a little bit tricky if you are a normal computer user. Don’t know how to unlock computer password Windows 7 or later versions? Follow the below guide to know how to unlock a computer password with Windows installation disk.
- Step 1: First insert the Windows installation disk and turn on your computer.
Step 2: Windows installation wizard will appear, click on the "Repair your computer" link and choose System Recovery Options.
Step 3: System Recovery Wizard will appear, choose command prompt from the list.
Step 4: On the Command prompt interface enter the following command and hit enter one by one.
- copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\
- copy /y c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe
- Step 5: Type exit and hit enter button.
- Step 6: Go to the lock screen of the computer and hit Shift button 5 times to open a cmd window.
- Step 7: Type net user <Username> <New Password> and then hit Enter button.
Way 4. Unlock Local Account Password
If you have Windows 10 installed on the computer then, you can try this way. This is a very simple and straightforward way to reset your Windows local password.
- Step 1: First of all, you have to click on the "Start" button and choose the power button.
- Step 2: While holding the Shift button, click on the "Restart" button.
- Step 3: Boot options menu will appear, choose "Troubleshoot" and hit on the "Reset this PC".
- Step 4: Choose "Remove Everything" and your computer will restart automatically.
Way 5. Unlock the Password from the Second Login Account
If you have two accounts on a computer i.e., admin and guest, then, this way is for you. If you forgot the password of admin account, then first log in to the guest account and remove the password from the guest account by entering the command in Command Prompt same in way 3.
Section 2. The Best Way to Unlock Computer - PassFab 4WinKey
If all the above ways are not working for you then, you can try PassFab 4WinKey. It is the high rated Windows password recovery tool specially designed for Windows computer. Using this tool, one can reset Microsoft account password offline, remove login password without losing data and much more. Here are the steps to unlock a computer with PassFab 4WinKey.
Step 1: Download the PassFab 4WinKey from the official website of PassFab and install it to another unlocked computer.
- Step 2: Now, you can open the PassFab 4Winkey and connect the USB drive or CD/DVD disk to the computer.
- Step 3: Choose the USB or CD/DVD and hit on the "Next" button.
Step 4: The Burning process will take a couple of seconds to create bootable disk.
Boot Windows from bootable disk:
- Step 1: Insert the password reset disk to your locked computer.
Step 2: Restart your computer and press F12 to enter "Boot Menu".
Note: The key to entering the boot menu is different on every computer depending on the computer manufacturer.
Step 3: On the boot menu, choose "UEFI: USB drive name" and hit on the "Enter" button.
Step 4: PassFab 4Winkey interface will appear, choose the Windows and locked username.
Step 5: Hit on the "Next" button and choose "Reboot" to restart the computer.
After reading this tutorial I believe you already know how to unlock a locked computer. The reason why I give an introduction of PassFab 4WinKey because it not only helps you unlock various computer passwords, but also allows you to recover Windows 7/8/10 password. If you still have questions about the password, please leave the comment below to let me know.