Windows and Linux both are popular operating systems. One of the vital differences is that Windows is a commercial operating system whereas Linux is an open source operating system. In Linux, one can get root access, but one would require high programming skills to tweak it, this makes Linux more customizable. If you forgot Linux root password, then things get complicated. In this post, we will focus on this problem and provides you the best solution.
How to Use PassFab 4WinKey Reset the Root Password in Linux
Linux although is super customizable but it's security standards are comparatively high. In that case, if one forgets the user login password he shall not be able to access very important data stored by him in the Linux laptop or desktop. This might become a great loss for the user. So, you need a professional tool to help you reset the password and PassFab 4WinKey will be the first choice due to its powerful capability.
1. Create a Bootable Password Reset Disk (USB/CD/DVD)
Firstly, we need to create a bootable device for performing Linux reset user password. Following is the guide:
- Step 1: Download and install PassFab 4WinKey on Windows PC to which you can have access.
- Step 2: Select a boot media(USB/DVD/CD) and click "Burn".
Once the bootable device is ready, one shall proceed as per the following guide to reset the password.
2. Shall One Boot the PC
- Step 1: Insert the bootable USB or CD/DVD to your locked Windows PC.
- Step 2: Restart the computer and Press "F12" or "ESC" to enter the Boot Menu Interface.
- Step 3: On this interface, you will find there is list of bootable devices, including the USB/CD/DVD which you have inserted. Select the device you have inserted. Using the arrow keys, select the boot device.
- Step 4: Once you enter the locked Windows from a boot disk, a password recovery interface shall appear. Here, is the option for Linux reset password for users.
3. Reset Administrator Account.
Here, one shall get an option of Linux/ Windows password reset to set a new password when you have forgotten lock code for your device.
- Step 1: Choose the Linux operating system on the screen and select "Reset your password" option.
- Step 2: Select the Admin account from the list, the account name shall be displayed in "User Name" box. Also, a new default password is displayed. Now, you can use the default password or enter a new password in "New Password" box.
- Step 3: Click "Next" and the new password is reset successfully. Click "Reboot" to restart your computer and log on with a new password.
Believing you already know how to reset linux root password after reading this article. As one of the most professional Windows password recovery tool, PassFab 4WinKey is absolutely trustworthy. Please let us know if you have any further question.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>