How to Reset Password in Linux
Windows and Linux both are popular operating systems. One of the vital differences is that Windows is a commercial operating system whereas Linux is an open source operating system. In Linux, one can get root access, but one would require high programming skills to tweak it, this makes Linux more customizable. Windows, on the other hand, has no such access and is thus not customizable. Linux is considered more secure as compared to Windows. One can login with Linux operating system only with user ID and password.If you forgot the password, you might need to do Linux reset password. So, here is the best way to do it.
Why Choose PassFab 4WinKey
PassFab 4WinKey is not just compatible with the Windows operating system, but also with the Linux operating system. Linux although is super customizable but it's security standards are comparatively high. In that case, if one forgets the user login password he shall not be able to access very important data stored by him in the Linux laptop or desktop. This might become a great loss for the user.
But need not worry! PassFab 4WinKey has a solution to all your queries. With this user-friendly recovery tool, one can now log in to the administrator account/ user account without the password and get access to all the data normally. It is the easiest password recovery software for Linux as well as Windows. It is simple to use, safe and a very powerful tool to unlock your locked Linux laptop or desktop.Now, following are the detailed steps for using this recovery tool:
Part 1: How to Make A Bootable Password Reset Disk (USB/CD/DVD)
Firstly, we need to create a bootable device for performing Linux reset user password. Following is the guide:
- Step 1: Download and install PassFab 4WinKey on Windows PC to which you can have access.
- Step 2: Select a boot media(USB/DVD/CD) and click "Burn".
Once the bootable device is ready, one shall proceed as per the following guide to reset the password.
Part 2: How Shall One Boot the PC Using the above Bootable Device
- Step 1: Insert the bootable USB or CD/DVD to your locked Windows PC.
- Step 2: Restart the computer and Press "F12" or "ESC" to enter the Boot Menu Interface.
- Step 3: On this interface, you will find there is list of bootable devices, including the USB/CD/DVD which you have inserted. Select the device you have inserted. Using the arrow keys, select the boot device.
- Step 4: Once you enter the locked Windows from a boot disk, a password recovery interface shall appear. Here, is the option for Linux reset password for users.
Part 3: Reset Administrator Account.
Here, one shall get an option of Linux/ Windows password reset to set a new password when you have forgotten lock code for your device.
- Step 1: Choose the Linux operating system on the screen and select "Reset your password" option.
- Step 2: Select the Admin account from the list, the account name shall be displayed in "User Name" box. Also, a new default password is displayed. Now, you can use the default password or enter a new password in "New Password" box.
- Step 3: Click "Next" and the new password is reset successfully. Click "Reboot" to restart your computer and log on with a new password.
So, not just for the Windows operating system but PassFab 4WinKey does justice to Linux too. With its password recovery ability, this tool genuinely is great help for the users who forget their password. Thus, Linux reset user password is no more difficult. Thanks to PassFab 4WinKey!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>