The worst thing that possibly can happen to you is losing your Windows password that is required to log in to your computer. If you have lost/forgotten your Windows login password, you would definitely want the use of Windows password recovery tool to gain access to your PC. In this article, we are going to discuss the top 10 Windows password recovery tools that will surely help you out.
- 01. PassFab 4WinKey
- 02. iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery
- 03. iSumsoft Windows Password Refixer
- 04. iSunshare Windows Password Genius
- 05. Ophcrack
1. PassFab 4WinKey
PassFab 4WinKey takes the number one spot in our list because it is simply the best and top-rated password recovery tool for Windows. It is fast and easy to use even for a novice user. It works well with all versions of Windows including Windows 7/8/8.1/10/Vista/XP. With this Windows password key, you can quickly burn a Windows password reset disk either from CD/DVD or a USB flash drive. In either way, you will be able to create a Windows password reset disk without any efforts. This recovery tool involves the use of decryption codes.
- Reset password in a few minutes, regardless of the length and complexity of the password.
- Complete task in two easy steps: create a password reset disk; reset password with the disk.
- It's simple to use and comes with a user-friendly interface.
- No special computer skills required.
- 100% guaranteed password reset frequency without loss of data or damaged file
- Facilitate many types of hard drives, such as RAID / SCSI / SATA
- Support many file systems, including FAT16, FAT32, NTFS and NTFS5
- Free technical support and upgrade service
- 30 days money back if the program does not work effectively.
- Faster as compared to the other password recovery tools.
- Provides different password recovery tools depending upon the operating system.
- Works perfectly to unlock Admin account.
- Works with the latest version of Windows, 32 bit or 64 bit.
- 100% Reset your lost or forgotten local Administrator password instantly.
- Remove Domain Administrator and other domain user passwords for Windows.
- Doesn't work on Linux or mobile system.
2. iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery
iSeePassword Windows Recovery Recovery is a newly designed program that can be used to change login password in Windows 10. It has a great user interface, and it takes only three clicks to reset the password of the account locally on every Windows computer.
- Reset passwords with a bootable CD, DVD or USB flash drive, easy and fast.
- Create a new administrator account easily, get access to your computer directly
- Good user-interface.
- Doesn't work on Linux or Mac
- It doesn't have any disadvantage except it doesn't work well the anti-virus software on the computer, but PassFab 4WinKey work well
3. iSumsoft Windows Password Refixer
The latest version of iSumsoft Windows Password Refixer is a powerful Windows password recovery tool ultimate iso software. It helps you to reset the domain / local administrator / user account password on Windows 10 /8 / 8.1 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2000 / NT and Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003 and 2000. Besides, you can add a new administrator account with this tool without having to log on to Windows. It allows you to reset any password for Windows without losing data.
- Fast and easy to use
- Instant reset
- Standard version can't make a bootable flash drive.
- Only Ultimate version will Reset the password for Microsoft Account that is why PassFab 4WinKey is better, all packages reset the Microsoft account.
- The free trial version does not encompass many important features.
4. iSunshare Windows Password Genius
The iSunshare Windows password reset program does not differ much from other items in this list. You can set it up it on CD / DVD or a USB device that can be used to reset the password for each user. This Windows password reset program works for Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP and Windows 2000. Also, it can reset the password in Windows Server 2000 to 2016. This Windows password recovery tool USB can be very helpful, but there's a much easier way to access your account if you've forgotten your password - create a password reset disk!
- Works efficiently on older versions of Windows.
- Can import the information from a local computer as well as from a remote computer.
- Doesn't work with the latest versions of Windows.
- Doesn't have a user-friendly interface, so, not that easy for the normal people.
- It doesn't always work even if you pay to remove your old password
- You cannot use it for Windows 10 devices
- It doesn't always allow you to remove the password from the other profile
This is one of the best known Windows password crackering tools. It is free and easy to use provided the user has some knowledge of using Windows. This Windows recovery tool can be used in almost all Windows operating systems, for example, Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
Go to the site from another computer, download the free ISO image, burn it to a CD or flash drive and start it up. The Ophcrack program starts locating the Windows user accounts and automatically continues with the recovery of the passwords. In a test on a Windows 8 PC, Ophcrack retrieved the password of eight characters (mixed letters and numbers) from my administrator account within three minutes and 29 seconds.
- Free and works better than most Premium tools.
- Lightning Faster password recovery.
- Passwords longer than 14 characters cannot be recovered.
- Some antivirus programs accidentally identify Ophcrack as a Trojan horse or a virus.
6. Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
Offline NT Password & Registry Editor is also named NTpasswd. This is one of the best software to recover the password on Windows, and it does not need an internet connection to restore the password. You do not need old passwords to recover the password with this tool. Moreover, it is a free and open source tool for developers to adapt the program to their needs.
- Free and fast
- Works effectively with all versions of Windows.
- This software does not have a graphical interface that may not be suitable for most users.
- The offline NT password tool is entirely text-based/command-based, which is a bit strange.
7. Lazesoft Recover My Password
Lazesoft is another useful tool for recovering lost password in all versions of Windows 7, 8 and 10. It also works effectively with both 32-bit and 64-bit systems. You can also create a bootable USB, DVD or CD device to restore the password.
- Works with all Windows versions and simple user interface
- Excellent technical support for users.
- Comparatively slow than other password recovery tools in this list.
8. Passware Windows Key
Passware Windows Key allows easy recovery of various kind of passwords by sniffing the network and cracking encrypted passwords using Dictionary, Brute-Force, and Cryptanalysis attacks. Depending on the rainbow table used, Passware Windows Key can recover up to 99.9% of passwords from any Windows account. Additionally, this tool can decode passwords for Internet Explorer, Windows Mail, Dial-up Passwords, as well as recovering wireless network key.
- 90% recovery rate
- Supports all versions of Windowsincluding Windows 10, Windows 8, Vista, Vista SP1, etc.
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Passwords longer than 14 characters cannot be recovered.
- Some antivirus programs accidentally identify Passware as a Trojan horse or a virus.
PCUnlocker can recover your forgotten Windows password using a dictionary attack, brute force attack, or a hybrid attack. While it is unlocking passwords, you should avoid using your machine as it will consume the majority of your machine resources for the unlock.PCUnlocker was popular during the time of Windows NT/2000/XP/2003. But now It's not actively maintained anymore.
- Easy setup
- Bootable media creation
- Fast password reset process
- Free technical support
- Not the easiest to use.
- Sometimes it takes a little longer to create bootable media.
10. Asunsoft Windows Password Geeker
Asunsoft Windows Password Geeker is one of the most popular Windows password tools which can reset domain administrator/user and Windows local password for Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/NT. In addition, you can use it to set up a new Administrator account easily without logging in which is a new way to unlock or change Windows password without loss of data. It helps you to regain access to your Windows system within a few minutes by burning a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- Reset password without losing data
- Works with all versions of Windows
- Can create new user accounts from within the app
- Requires paid upgrade for full features
- May require altering some BIOS settings
- Looks unprofessional
- Difficult to use for novice users.
Here is the tabular comparison of the top 10 best Windows password recovery software:
|Software Name||Performance/Speed||User interface||Security||Price|
|PassFab 4WinKey||10/10||10/10||9.9/10||$ 19.95|
|iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery||8/10||7/10||8/10||$ 29.95|
|iSumsoft Windows Password Refixer||8/10||5/10||6/10||$ 19.95|
|iSunshare Windows Password Genius||7/10||3/10||7/10||$ 19.95|
|Offline NT Password & Registry Editor||7/10||2/10||5/10||Free|
|Lazesoft Recover My Password||5/10||3/10||7/10||Free|
|Passware Windows Key||5/10||7/10||8/10||$ 39.95|
|Asunsoft Windows Password Geeker||7/10||5/10||5/10||$ 19.95|
After our test on each software, we have discovered that 4WinKey meets the requirement for the quality performance. PassFab 4WinKey has an outstanding performance from all the above list, It is a good software to bypass the Windows password even if you are not a tech-savvy person. The process is simple: create a bootable medium and run the program to start the password reset process. It is faster as compared to other tools in this list for resetting the password.
The problem with Windows re-installation is that all the information is lost in the process of installing a new operating system which is why we have to look for third-party Windows password recovery tool ultimate. Well, you have already checked the list of the best Windows password recovery application. As you can see, all these programs are different regarding power, usability, recovery methods, price, and more. So, if you know exactly what you want, go for it. However, we highly recommend PassFab 4WinKey as it is the best windows password recovery tool you can trust.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>