The page_fault_in_nonepaged_area Windows 10 is a common problem reported by many people in previous Windows versions and Windows 10. It is a recurring problem that interrupts the normal functioning of your system. Usually, when your PC faces this problem, it shows a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) with a stop code of 0x00000050. If you are facing the same problem as page fault in nonpaged area BSOD, you have found the right place to get rid of it!
- Fix 1: Check your RAM
- Fix 2: Smart Repair by PassFab Computer ManagementHot
- Fix 3: Restore Page File
- Fix 4: Expand Virtual Memory/ Disable Automatic Paging File Size Management
- Fix 5: Disable Fast Startup
- Fix 6: Run CHKDSK Command
- Fix 7: Perform Windows Memory Diagnostics
- Fix 8: Run SFC and DISM Commands
Part 1: What is the page fault in nonpaged area BSOD?
Windows stop code page fault in nonpaged area usually happens when there is some problem with the part of the RAM responsible for running the operating system. The part of RAM that runs the OS is called nonpaged area. When there is a problem exchanging the data between RAM and page file, the stop code with a value of 0x00000050 occurs. This stop code usually indicates that an invalid memory reference is passed to the system, which is going through much stress. However, the problem is 100% resolvable.
Part 2: The Reasons for page fault in nonpaged area BSOD
The page_fault_in_nonpaged_area Windows 10 usually occurs when there is some problem with the nonpaged area of your RAM. It shows that the system cannot read data from the referenced memory address. However, here are some significant reasons behind this error code:
- Invalid system services installed on the system
- Corrupt NTFS volume
- The system fails to access the referenced memory
- A faulty antivirus stopping the OS from accessing the nonpaged area
- Faulty hardware
- Some viruses, missing Windows updates, issues with the registry
Part 3: How to Fix the Windows 10 Stop Code Page Fault in nonpaged Area?
Fix 1: Check your RAM
RAM plays a vital role in the functioning of your computer, and it cannot work without it. So, if the RAM is not properly attached to the motherboard or is damaged due to any reason, it can cause page_fault_in_nonpaged_area Windows 10. The operating system may not recognize the damaged RAM but will try to request data from it and will throw the stop code 0x00000050 upon failure. So here is how you can make sure that your RAM is working fine:
- Completely turn your computer off.
- Remove any power cables connected and open the panel.
- Remove the battery and take out the RAM.
- Check if there is dust in the RAM slot and RAM. Clean it if you find dust. You may need to buy a new RAM module if you see no dust.
- Reinsert the RAM properly, plug the battery in, and start your computer to check whether the issue is resolved.
Fix 2: Smart Repair by PassFab Computer ManagementHot
The PassFab Computer Management is an incredible computer repairing tool with amazing features to help you get rid of common Windows issues such as Blue/black screen of death, computer crashes, problems with memory, etc. This software automatically detects the damaged files and recreates them in the minimum time, as the damaged system files usually cause the nonpaged area issue. Here is how to use PassFab Computer Management to fix bug check 0x50:
- Install the tool on any PC, and launch it.
- Insert a USB and click Create boot disk now.
- Select your USB. Click Next.
- Switch to the problematic PC. Plug in the bootable media and restart it to enter into boot menu by pressing boot key continuously.
Usually the boot key are "F12" or "ESC".
- Enter the boot menu, set the bootable media on priority, and save settings.
- Click Automated Repair and choose the partition with problems to start the process.
- Click Restart after the repair completes successfully.
Let the system creates the bootable media. Once done, plug out the USB.
Fix 3: Restore Page File
For better performance, the operating system uses some part of your hard disk for quickly accessing frequently used programs. For this purpose, it creates a page file on the hard disk and refers to it. This page file may be the reason behind the page fault in nonpaged area BSOD; disabling it can resolve the problem. Here are the steps to restore the page file.
- Open the Run dialog, type SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe and hit Enter.
- Under the System Properties window, switch to the Advanced tab and click Settings under Performance. Another dialog will appear.
- Again, switch to the Advanced tab and click Change.
- Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option. Choose the No paging file option and click Set, and then OK.
- Click OK on all Windows and restart your computer.
- After your computer restarts, repeat the above steps and select System managed size. Click Set.
- Check Automatically manage paging file size for all drives. Click OK -> OK -> OK.
- Again, restart your computer.
This process will recreate any damaged system files and resolve Windows stop code page fault in nonpaged area.
Fix 4: Expand Virtual Memory/ Disable Automatic Paging File Size Management
Increasing the virtual memory can also help resolve the problem as it is related to the system memory. Here is how you can expand virtual memory.
- Open Settings and go to Performance settings.
- Switch to the Advanced tab and then select Virtual memory.
- Disable Automatically manage paging file size for all drives by unchecking the checkbox in front of this option.
- Choose Custom Size. Enter the size in bytes to increase virtual memory.
- Click Set -> OK and then restart the computer.
Fix 5: Disable Fast Startup
The Fast Startup feature reduces the Windows startup time. When enabled, it can cause blue or black screen problems with different stop codes, including Windows page fault in nonpaged area. However, you can fix the problem by disabling this feature as follows:
This fix is only applicable if your PC can boot normally or in safe mode.
- Plug in Windows installation media and start your computer. After two unsuccessful booting attempts, your computer will enter into WinRE.
- Now enable the Safe mode by going to Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings.
- Press F5 to enable the safe mode with networking.
- Go to the Start menu when your computer boots into safe mode.
- Open Settings -> System -> Power and Sleep -> Additional Power Settings.
- Go to Choose what power button does link.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
- Deselect the Fast startup option and click Save changes.
Fix 6: Run CHKDSK Command
If there are any corrupt files in NTFS causing the error, you can run the CHKDSK command to resolve and repair the disk errors as follows:
- Open Command Prompt and type CHKDSK /f /r C: (Use your drive letter instead of C: ). Press Enter then.
- Restart your computer after the disk checking completes.
Fix 7: Perform Windows Memory Diagnostics
The memory diagnostic tool in Windows helps you detect any possible problems with RAM in your PC. RAM is an integral part of your computer; faulty RAM can cause many problems. However, you can run Windows Memory Diagnostics to detect if there is any issue with the RAM as follows:
- Open the Run dialog, type mdsched.exe, and press Enter.
- You will see a window with two options. Choose the suitable option.
Your system will start RAM checking according to your choice. Your RAM is fine if the Memory Diagnostic tool does not show any errors.
However, if it detects any problems, you should first try to unplug the RAM, clean it and the RAM slots, and try to start your computer. You may need to send your computer/laptop to a hardware repair shop if this does not work.
Fix 8: Run SFC and DISM Commands
If the Windows page fault in nonpaged area error occurred after a recent Windows update, it might have damaged the system files. You should run the DISM, and SFC commands to restore any lost system files as follows:
- Open the Command Prompt with Admin rights .
- Type sfc /scannow. Hit Enter and wait for the scanning complete.
- Restart the computer.The SFC can detect any damaged files but cannot fix them. So to fix them, you need to run the DISM command as follows:
- Open the Command Prompt and type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
- Rerun the SFC command to check if the files have been restored.
1.How do I know if my RAM is damaged?
You can run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Search it in the Start menu, choose the suitable option, and Windows will start checking your RAM.
2.Can CPU cause fault in nonpaged area?
Yes! The potential cause of the problem is the RAM on the CPU chip. So, technically, the problem is caused due to problems in the CPU.
The page fault in nonpaged area BSoD with stop code 0x00000050 is caused due to problems with RAM or the virtual memory or other system-related problems. This article discusses various fixes for the issue, out of which using the PassFab Computer Management is most recommended.