Windows Installer is a service that helps to install a software application on the Windows that adheres to the framework of Windows. Windows Installer is very useful for installing third-party applications and every third-party application come bundled with it. It allows to correctly installing third-party applications on Windows. In conjunction, the Windows Installer module worker process is used to install, remove, and modify Windows updates.
What happens if Windows Installer doesn't work?
If Windows installer doesn't work, then any app or software that requires it to run will fail and you will start receiving errors. So, it is important to have Windows Installer on your windows computer. Since it helps in installing or uninstalling Windows applications and is a Windows-only utility, there is Windows Installer Mac utility. If you don't have Windows Installer on your Windows 10 PC, then in this article, we will tell you how to download Windows Installer on your PC.
Part 1: Something Should Know Before Download
There are certain things that you have to perform before going to install download Windows installer on your computer. One of the major things is make sure which operating system version you are using. The latest version of Windows installer is Windows installer 4.5 that is released by Microsoft Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 and redistributable for Windows XP SP2, Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2003 SP1, Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Vista, Windows Vista SP1, and Windows Server 2008. If you are using latest Windows like Windows 7 or later then, you can use Windows Installer 5.0.
Part 2: How to Download Windows Installer?
Want to download Window installer for your computer? Well, follow the below step by step guide to know how to download the Windows installer on Windows computer.
How to download Windows Installer on your Windows computer?
Step 1: First of all, you have to open a web /powser on a computer and visit Microsoft Installer download page or simply click here to visit the download page.
Step 2: Now, scroll down and click on the "Download Windows Installer 4.5 now".
Step 3: After that, choose the language and hit on the "Download" button.
Step 4: Choose the Download that you want to download and hit on the "Next button".
Part 3: What Should Do If forgot Administrator Password
The process of installing or removing applications from Windows is smoothed by Windows Installer 10. Even though it can make it easy to install/delete applications, sometimes an administrator password is required to delete some applications. But what happens if you forgot the administrator password. Then you won't be able to delete that application. So, in this situation, you can try PassFab 4WinKey to recover administrator password.
It is a password recovery tool that allows you to reset/remove/change the Windows administrator password, remove user account password, reset Microsoft account password, etc. You can reset Windows administrator password by creating a password reset disk on CD, DVD or USB drive.
How to use PassFab 4WinKey to recover Windows Administrator password?
Step 1: First, download the PassFab 4Winkey and install it to your Windows PC.
Step 2: Then, double-click on its icon to launch the it.
Step 3: Now create a bootable recovery disk using the Quick recovery wizard or Advanced Recovery Wizard.
Quick Recovery Wizard : This wizard is used when you can access your computer and are able to create the recovery disk from it.
- Select the boot media on which you want to make a password recovery disk from the main interface.
- Click "Burn" to start burning the boot disk.
Advanced Recovery Wizard :It is recommended to use Advanced Recovery Wizard when you aren't able to access your computer.
- Launch Advanced Recovery Wizard link at the bottom of the main PassFab 4WinKey interface.
- Now, select the version of Windows on the target computer. If you don't know, click on "Do not specify the windows version of target computer" radio button.
- Select the Boot media on which you want to create a recovery drive and press the "Burn" button.
- After creating the recovery disk, insert it to the locked Windows PC/Laptop and restart the computer.
- Enter the Boot menu by pressing F12 or ESC while restarting and boot to recovery disk.
- Now, select Windows installation in the recovery disk and then select "Reset your password".
- Select the administrator account whose password you want to remove and check the "Remove the password" checkbox. Now, click Next to start the process.
- Wait for a few seconds and the PassFab 4WinKey will remove the password from the administrator account. Now, restart the computer and delete the application that you wanted.
So, if you don't want to lose data, make sure that you choose an empty one, or copy the contents to PC.
It is necessary that you have a working Windows Installer on your Windows computer if you want to seamlessly install applications on it. Otherwise, you will encounter errors while installing or uninstalling applications. In this article, we have shown you how to download Windows Installer on your computer. Here, we have also shown you how to remove administrator password from Windows in case you forgot it and are unable to uninstall applications on the computer.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>