“Is it possible to copy Word table into Excel without splitting cells into multiple Rows?”
This question is nothing new for us. Over the years, a lot of users have questioned this particular issue. But the funny thing is that this procedure is very simple. All you need to know are the specific steps required for the conversion. So, if you want to know more about conversion from Word table to Excel, check the article below.
Part 1. How to Convert Word Table to Excel
As we have just said, it is not very complicated to convert a Word table to Excel. The steps are very simple, and the details are provided below. Check them out.
Option 1. Convert Word Table to Excel via Copy & Paste Feature
This is probably the simplest way to import Word table into Excel. Just copy the content from the Word document and paste it on the Excel document. It is as simple as that.
- Step 1: Open the Word document and copy the rows and columns of the table.
- Step 2: Then, press ‘Ctrl + C’ on the keyboard.
- Step 3: Now, open a new Excel document, and go to the top left corner.
- Step 4: Then, press ‘Ctrl + V’ on the keyboard.
The import the complete, but if you want to adjust the format; you can click on the ‘Paste Options’.
Option 2. Export Word Table to Excel using Excel’s Import External Data Feature
In this part, we will use the ‘Import External Data’ feature of MS Excel to convert Word table to Excel.
- Step 1: Open MS Word, click on ‘Tools’.
- Step 2: Then, check the box beside ‘Save Data Only For Forms’ and click ‘OK’.
- Step 3: After that, save the file and wait for the conversion dialog box will appear.
- Step 4: Then, go to the Excel sheet and click on ‘Data’. Click ‘Import External Data’ under ‘Import Data’.
- Step 5: Lastly, select the text file, and click ‘Import’.
This is another way to import the Word table to Excel. Try it out.
Part 2. How to Convert Excel Table to Word
The conversion from Excel to Word table is not a difficult task. But the fact is, MS Office offers several functions that even the most veteran Office users are unaware of. So, it is quite understandable that a user is having trouble making the conversion. Not to worry, the article below contains all the solutions, check it out. There are multiple ways to insert Excel table into Word. But not all the methods are equally effective or reliable. So, we have detailed only 3 of the best solutions for the conversion.
Solution 1. How to Insert Excel Table into Word via Insert Object Method
This method for insertion of Excel table into Word is used widely. The method is simple and works really well. Here’s how to insert Excel table into Word.
- Step 1: Launch the Word document, click on ‘Insert’.
Step 2: After that, click on ‘Object’.
- Step 3: Then, in the ‘Object’ panel, click on ‘Create from File’. Then, click ‘Browse’ to insert the Excel file.
- Step 4: Lastly, click ‘OK’ to complete the process.
This is the most popular way to insert the Excel table.
Solution 2. How to Insert Excel Table into Word via Insert Table Method
This is a very different way to insert an Excel table into Word. Follow the steps below carefully.
- Step 1: Open an MS Word document and click ‘Insert’.
- Step 2: Select the ‘Tables’ group option, then go for the ‘Table’ icon and select ‘Insert Table’.
- Step 3: You will see the options to set the number of columns and rows. There is also ‘AutoFit behavior’ and click ‘OK’.
- Step 4: Now, open the Excel file. Click on each cell and copy them.
- Step 5: Go back to the Word document and paste the content.
This is practically the manual method of copying the files from Excel to Word. It is effective but time-consuming.
Solution 3. How to Copy Table from Excel to Word via Copy-Paste Method
In this last method, you will copy the Excel table and paste it into the Word document. It is one of the easiest methods; let’s check out the steps. Here’s how to copy table from Excel to Word.
- Step 1: Open the Excel file and select the content of the document. Press ‘Ctrl + C’ on the keyboard to copy it.
Step 2: Now, open the MS Word file. Just make the right-click and choose any among the ‘Paste’ options.
This is probably the easiest way to insert the Excel table into Word.
Extra Tips. How to Unlock Word Document
After going through the previous part of this article, you shouldn’t have any trouble to copy table from Word to Excel. We have detailed the methods in absolute detail, and it is quite simple.
But in this part of the article, we will be discussing another issue. An issue that has affected a lot of MS Office users. Yes, we are talking about a way to open a locked MS document without the password, especially MS Word.
A lot of users encrypt their MS Word files using a password, the reason can be anything, but if that password is forgotten, you won’t be able to access that file. So, a professional password recovery software is required for the recovery of the said lost password.
Using professional software is the safest and fastest way of recovering the lost password. Needless to say, there are a lot of options available on the internet, but we recommend PassFab for Word.
This is an exceptional software with a top recovery rate. The UI is excellent, and operation is simple. Let’s check it out.
- Step 1: Complete the installation of PassFab for Word on a computer.
Step 2: Then, launch the program; the main interface will be visible.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Add’ button and import the encrypted Word document.
Step 4: Then you have to select an attack mode to proceed. Dictionary attack, Brute Force attack, and Brute Force with Mask; these are the options.
Step 5: When the attack mode is selected, PassFab will start the password recovery.
You have to wait a bit for the password recovery. The taken time depends on the complexity of the passcode. You can also watch this video about how to use iy.
So, all that being said, the procedure to export Word table to Excel is not a complicated one. There are a copy and paste option, which is as simple as it sounds. The second option is to use MS Excel to insert the table. So, the methods are not complicated and can be executed without any hassle even by the most amateur user. Another thing is, if you have lost the password for your MS Word document, then using PassFab for Word is the best way to recover MS Word document password. Check out the user-guide on the above article.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>