Microsoft Word is a very versatile application that allows the user to type and save various documents on the go. This sophisticated application is one of the best if not the best word processing program out there. But facing various errors when reading the text is a very common issue faced by many users. And this is exactly where the text recovery converter comes into play. So without further ado, let us check out all the information regarding the topic to fix your files.
Part 1: How to Use Text Recovery Converter Word
Let us go through them and see how to utilize the Microsoft Word text recovery converter to its fullest and recover text from any file regardless of them being a document or Non-document file.
This approach is suitable to recover text from any file regardless of their extension. So if the file is supported, you can recover text from them also, even though they are not document files. This feature comes in handy when you have to recover text from other file types like HTML or PPT etc.
- Step 1: Open the MS Word application on your computer.
- Step 2: Simply click on the File option from the MS Word panel in the left top corner.
Step 3: From the drop-down menu click on Open and then click on Browse to go to the location of the file from which you want to recover the text.
Step 4: In the new window, click on the All Files option on the bottom right corner. Now you will be greeted with a list of options. Now select Recover text from any files.
- Step 5: Choose the file you want to recover text from and then select the Open option.
- Step 6: After a bit of processing a new MS Word file will open and all the recovered text from the file will be displayed.
Part 2: 3 Alternatives to Microsoft Recover Text Converter Word
- 1. Use Stellar Repair for Word Instead of Text Recovery Converter
- 2. Open and Repair Word without Word Text Recovery Converter
- 3. Recover from Temporary Files without Using Microsoft Word Text Recovery Converter
1. Use Stellar Repair for Word Instead of Text Recovery Converter
Stellar Repair for Word is a very powerful Word text recovery converter that can save you from the unwanted frustration of not being able to recover your text properly. This software is really user friendly and designed in such a way that it can be used to recover damaged Word files.
To learn how to recover text using stellar Repair, follow these simple steps.
Step 1: Install and open the Stellar Repair for Word application on your computer when you want to recover a Word file. After opening you will be greeted with a window like this one.
- Step 2: Now you have to either select a file, select a folder, or find a file using the name. You can browse through your computer and select any folder or file that you want to recover.
Step 3: After selecting the file, click on the Scan button. This will start repairing the MS Word file that was previously loaded. This may take a few moments depending on the file size and the computing power of your device.
Step 4: After you are done with the recovery process, an interface will come up, showing the content of the document.
- Step 5: Once you are satisfied with the result and made sure the recover text converter did its job, you can save the file. You can either choose to save it to its default location or select a new path or folder where you want the recover file/files to be saved.
2. Open and Repair Word without Word Text Recovery Converter
You can also use this method instead of text recovery converter Word to repair and recover your text on Word documents. This method is best for beginner Word users. And the great news is, Open and Repair option works for MS Word 2013 and also MS Word 2016.
To learn how to open and repair Word without Word text recovery converter.
- Step 1: Firstly open the MS Word application. From the top right corner, click on Open. Now from the open menu select Browse.
- Step 2: Now From the browsing menu, go to the directory where the file you want to recover text from is saved. Now select the file.
Step 3: Now from the drop-down menu on the bottom right, click on the down arrow next to Open and click on Open and Repair.
This may take a few moments depending on the file size and the computing power of your device. After the process, simply copy the content and save it to a new file.
3. Recover from Temporary Files without Using Microsoft Word Text Recovery Converter
Microsoft Word has over the years became an essential part of our everyday life. From corporate works to simple writing tasks, this is undoubtedly one of the most used software out there. So when you are unable to recover text from the file, it is sure to make you frustrated.
Here are the steps to recover Word documents from temporary files.
- Step 1: Open the MS Word application on your computer and click File.
- Step 2: Now go to Info and click on Manage Document.
Step 3: From the drop-down menu, click on "Recover Unsaved Documents"
Step 4: Now select the temporary files of your document that you want to recover. The file will have a .asd extension.
Step 5: Now click on Save As to save it into a new document file.
Read Also: Top 6 Word Repair Tools for MS Word
In this article, we have talked about all there is to know about the text recovery converter to help you through the process. You are also advised to use Stellar repair for Word to ensure a hassle-free recovery experience. And if you meet difficulties on password protected Word, we suggest you to use Word password recovery tool named PassFab for Word.