“I cannot access my ZIP file because I have forgotten the password. What can I do to solve this issue?” This is a very commonly asked question. Well, it’s normal for people to forget the password to their important ZIP file, making it inaccessible. If you are facing this problem, you must be wondering how to remove password from ZIP file without any software? Well, don’t worry! We’ve got your back. In this guide, we will be covering 2 methods that will surely sort out your problem in a matter of minutes. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Part 1. How to Remove ZIP Password from ZIP File without Any Software
The best way to make sure that your data is safe and secure is to protect it with a passcode. It’s pretty obvious that you are the only person who has access to the password, right? However, sometimes, people have so much on their plate that they end up forgetting their password. As a result, they are left with a locked file that is of no use to them.
Well, that is no biggie! Here you will learn how to unlock or crack password protected zip files without any software, and that too for totally free of cost! Let's take a look at these in detail.
Solution 1. Remove ZIP Password without Software Using Notepad
The first method that we have mentioned is the easiest and most basic of all. You can unlock your password encrypted zip file with the help of Notepad. It is true that this method is not the best of all methods, and it might be possible that it does not work for you. But you should definitely give it a try as it is pretty simple and does not need much effort.
This method is completely free, and it does not require buying any software. Most importantly, you can find Notepad easily on any Windows desktop. Just make sure to go through the following step-by-step instructions, and you will find your way out:
- The first step is to find where your ZIP file resides that you wish to unlock.
- Right-click on the file and select 'Open with Notepad'.
- You will now see that your file is opened on Notepad. Just click on the menu that reads 'Edit' and select 'Replace.'
- After that, you need to do some editing. Simply remove the word Ûtà and write 5³tà' in its place.
- The last step is to close the Notepad and then open your password encrypted ZIP file. Hopefully, your issue will be successfully resolved.
Solution 2. Remove ZIP Password without Software Using Online website
Don’t worry if the first method didn’t work for you. Simply try this method and see if it resolves your issue. The second method on our list to remove the password from a zip file without any software is to use an online website. This again will not cost you a single penny. All you need is an active internet connection to use the website.
Now, there are multiple sources that can help you remove password from a zip file without any software. However, since many websites contain bugs and viruses, you need to watch your step. As a general rule of thumb, you need to opt for the most authentic websites.
This method is even easier than using Notepad because the website will perform the magic itself, and you do not need to do a thing. So, sit back and see your password getting removed from your ZIP file!
- Open the homepage of the ZIP file unlocking site of your choice (Check the authenticity and make sure the site is protected).
- Just upload your encrypted ZIP file and enter your email address. Then, simply click on the ‘Submit’ button.
After some time, your passcode will be displayed on the screen, and you will also get a confirmation email. That’s pretty much it!
Now, you have 2 methods with guides on how to remove password from zip file without any software. However, chances are both of these methods fail in resolving your issue. Also, there's a high certainty of data loss during the password removal process. So, what option do you have in case both of these methods fail?
Well, it is certainly not the end of the world. We’ve got another method for you that will surely resolve your issue in a matter of minutes. As they say, there is always a solution in the digital world. All you need to do is to change your approach or find a better alternative. Sadly, this method involves the use of the software. However, it's so effective and efficient that you won't have any complaints once you use it.
Bonus Tips: How to Recover ZIP Password without Data Loss
Let us introduce you to PassFab for ZIP - a utility that can easily and efficiently crack your ZIP password. The best part about it is that this tool makes sure none of your precious data is lost during the removal process. So, if you wish to work with a professional tool with a 100% guarantee to remove your password, then PassFab for ZIP should be your first and foremost choice.
PasFab for ZIP comes with an interactive and self-explanatory interface. Therefore, it's pretty simple to use - even a novice user can utilize it with ease. However, just to make things easier for you, we have covered a step-by-step guide on how to remove password from zip file with PassFab for ZIP. Simply follow these instructions, and you are good to go:
How to Remove Password from ZIP File Using PassFab for ZIP?
- First of all, you need to download and install PassFab for ZIP on your PC. After successful installation, run the program as an administrator.
- Once this is done, you will see the main interface of the program on your screen.
- Here, click on the ‘Add’ button and import the ZIP file you wish to decode.
- Now, you need to select a suitable password recovery attack type for your ZIP file. There are 3 Attacks that you can choose from:
- Brute Force Attack: If you are not able to remember any clue about your passcode, then you need to choose this mode type. It will automatically recover your password in little to no time.
- Brute Force with Mask Attack: Choose this method only if you have some idea about your password. You just need to select certain settings totally dependent on what your password is.
- Dictionary Attack: Select this mode if you have a dictionary that contains common combinations that you mostly use for your passwords. All you need to do is simply add a dictionary in the settings option, and you will get your password shortly.
- After selecting your attack type, click on the ‘Start’ button and wait for the magic.
- After a short while, the program will extract and show you the password for your ZIP file. Now, you can use this password to unlock your ZIP file.
So, this is it, guys! Hopefully, now you know how to unlock or crack password protected zip files without any software. We have provided 2 methods that can help you recover your ZIP files without using any software. And if nothing works, we have also shared an effective zip password recovery tool, PassFab for ZIP, to resolve your problem for good! If you have any more queries, let us know in the comments. Thank you!