“(HELP) How to unlock huawei after forgetting the password. I forgot the password but i can't unfortunately unlock it. i don’t want to factory reset, help!” From Reddit
Now it is getting normal to set up a password to unlock smartphones, so as to protect our data and privacy. However, it brings us problems sometimes. For example, when you want to unlock your Huawei phone, you will need to enter the password that you don’t remember at all, and this will cause data loss if resetting your mobile phone. So how to unlock Huawei phone without resetting it? This article will answer your questions and guide you unlock Huawei phone without factory reset.
Part 1. When You Need to Unlock Huawei Phone without Resetting?
You may be curious: in which circumstances do you need to unlock Huawei phone without resetting? It is quite normal run into such situations. For example:
- You forgot your Huawei P9/P10/P20 (or any other Huawei model) phone password/PIN/Pattern, and you can’t access to it at all;
- Your Huawei phone has just been changed password by your child accidentally;
- You just bought a second-hand Huawei which has the password used by the previous owner;
Whatever case it is, you will be able to unlock Huawei phone without resetting by following the solutions given below.
Part 2. How to Unlock Huawei Phone without Resetting?
Here we have summed up 8 effective methods telling you how to unlock Huawei phone without factory reset.
- Method 1. Using PassFab Android Unlocker
- Method 2. Using Find My Phone
- Method 3. Using Huawei Watch
- Method 4. Using Fingerprint ID
- Method 5. Using Face Recognition
- Method 6. Using Custom Recovery and Pattern Password Disable
- Method 7. Using Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
- Method 8. Using Reboot to Safe Mode
Method 1. Best Way to Unlock Huawei Phone without Resetting Password in 1-Click
One of the most easy methods to unlock Huawei without resetting it is to do it via a third-party software. There are various software that focus on unlocking Android devices without data loss, and PassFab Android Unlocker is one of them. PassFab Android Unlocker is a great program with easy-to-use interface and high rate of success. With PassFab Android Unlocker, you won’t be having any problem unlocking Huawei phone.
Note: Note that using this program will cause data loss in your Huawei phone.
- Step 1: Download and install PassFab Android Unlocker in your PC or Mac.
- Step 2: Launch PassFab Android Unlocker, and click Remove Screen Lock.
- Step 3: Now connect your Huawei phone with your computer, and make sure it is connected successfully. Then click Start.
- Step 4: Read the pop-up warning carefully and confirm.
- Step 5: Then the program will start removing screen lock for you. Wait until it says “Screen password has been removed successfully”. click Done and you are good to go.
Method 2. Using Find My Phone to Unlock Huawei Phone without Resetting
Find My Device is known as previously Android Device Manager, which is a great tool to locate your Android device in case it is lost or stolen. Moreover, it is also a great option to lock your Huawei phone. To unlock Huawei without resetting via Find My Phone:
- Step 1: Head to http://www.google.com/android/find in your browser, and sign into your Google account.
- Step 2: Select the Huawei phone that you want to unlock.
- Step 3: Click the Lock option from the three options.
- Step 4: Then you will be prompted to set up a new password for your selected Huawei phone. Confirm your new password.
Then you will be able to unlock Huawei without resetting, but with a new password.
Method 3. Using Huawei Watch to Unlock Huawei Phone without Factory Reset
Most people are familiar with Huawei Watch. However, there are tricks about Huawei Watch even if it is an Android wear-based smartwatch.
Note: This method only works when your locked/disabled Huawei phone and Huawei Watch are connected, and your Huawei phone has been paired and added your watch as a trusted device.
How to set up? Simply follow these steps:
- Step 1: Pair your Huawei phone with your Huawei Watch.
- Step 2: In your Huawei phone, go to Settings > Security & privacy > Lock screen password > Smart lock.
- Step 3: Set up your screen lock password, and add Huawei watch as your trusted device.
Then you will be able to access your Huawei phone by swiping phone screen without entering the password or factory resetting. However, if your Huawei phone is not setup and connected with Huawei Watch, then this method is not working for you, and move to the next method.
Method 4. Using Fingerprint ID to Unlock Huawei Phone without Factory Resetting
If you forgot your Huawei phone PIN/password/pattern, don’t panic. You don’t have to factory reset your Huawei immediately. Try the Fingerprint recognition and see if it helps unlock your Huawei.
Note: This method only works if you have previously set up fingerprint lock for your Huawei phone.
To set up fingerprint lock in Huawei:
- Step 1: Launch Huawei phone Settings app, and go to Screen Lock & Passwords > Password > PIN.
- Step 2: Then set up a PIN for your screen lock and enroll it.
- Step 3: Place your thumb or finger on the fingerprint sensor. And follow the onscreen instructions to finish the process.
- Step 4: Tap Rename and enter a name for your fingerprint ID.
If you have set up a fingerprint ID for your Huawei, you can unlock Huawei phone using fingerprint ID, and without having to reset it. Just place your thumb or finger on the fingerprint sensor to unlock it.
Method 5. Using Face Recognition to Unlock Huawei Phone without Factory Resetting
This method is similar with Method 4, which means that you can unlock Huawei phone without factory resetting and using face recognition, only If you have set up face recognition ID for your Huawei phone.
To set up face ID in Huawei phone:
- Step 1: Launch Settings app in Huawei.
- Step 2: Go to Security and confidentiality > Face Unlock.
- Step 3: Look at the camera and the system will create your face recognition profile.
After that, you can unlock Huawei phone using face recognition without resetting. To do so, you can either instant unlock Huawei phone with face recognition, or swipe your finger across the screen after face recognition.
Method 6. Using Custom Recovery and Pattern Password Disable to Unlock Huawei
Simply put, Custom Recovery is a technique that can be used to unlock Huawei without resetting it.
- Step 1: Download the Pattern Password Disabled zip file into your computer and save it into an SD card.
- Step 2: Insert the SD card with the zip file into your locked Huawei phone, and restart Huawei phone in recovery mode.
- Step 3: Flash the zip file in the SD card, and then restart your Huawei phone.
- Step 4: Then your Huawei phone will be start up without a lock screen. Some people will need to set up a random gesture or password, and then your phone will be unlocked.
Method 7. Using Android Debug Bridge (ADB) to Unlock A Huawei Phone without Resetting it
Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is a powerful command-line tool that allows you to communicate with your device using this tool. Meanwhile you can unlock your Huawei phone without resetting but using Android Debug Bridge. To do so, follow this:
- Step 1: Download the ADB tool in your computer, extract the downloaded file, and install the package in your computer.
- Step 2: Connect your problematic Huawei phone with your computer.
- Step 3: Launch the Command Prompt tool in the installation path on ADB.
Step 4: Type the command below and press Enter key.
adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
- Step 5: Once the command line completed, restart your Huawei phone and you will be able to unlock it without having to enter the password.
Method 8. Using Reboot to Safe Mode to Unlock Huawei Phone without Resetting Password
Similar to Windows Safe Mode, there is Safe Mode on Android devices. Huawei phone’s safe mode starts to load the minimal system with basic features and pre-install applications. It would be a good way to unlock Huawei phone using Safe Mode. To reboot to Safe Mode in Huawei phone:
- Step 1: Press and hold the Volume Up and Power button when power on Huawei phone.
- Step 2: Keep pressing and holding these two buttons until you see Safe Mode displaying.
- Step 3: When Safe Mode option appears, press the Volume Up and Volume Down button to select Safe Mode, and use the Power button to confirm.
Then your Huawei phone would be boot into Safe Mode and unlocked.
Here we go. You will be learning how to unlock Huawei phone without resetting it by the eight effective solutions. If you are stuck in unlocking your Huawei phone without factory reset, then go for it. Hopefully this article would be of great help. And among all these solutions, PassFab Android Unlocker would be best of the best way to unlock Android devices without any problem.