"I just bought my first Alienware laptop, and I need to know how to do a fresh out of the box install."
Usually, the setup isn't a tough task to perform, but sometimes it becomes a headache. So, in this article, I will be simplifying the method for Alienware factory reset in all windows OS, including Windows 7, 8, and 10. To perform a successful factory reset, you need patience, an active brain, and an Alienware PC/Laptop for sure. Here are ways that can potentially fix your problem by factory resetting Alienware computer.
How to Restore Alienware to Factory Settings on Windows 10/8/7
1. Using Recovery USB Creator
To reset Alienware PC, you need to have a recovery USB drive and then perform the following task.
- Boot into your system using USB Drive
- After successful boot, the Windows recovery screen will display asking for the Keyboard layout, choose the US.
- On the next screen, click on "Troubleshoot" from the options.
- Then choose to "Recover from a drive" in troubleshooting.
- On the next windows click on "Just remove my files"; it will save a lot of time.
- Now the computer will ask for confirmation press the "Recover" button, and you will be done.
That's how you can easily restore alienware to factory settings, and it works like a charm.
2. Using AlienRespawn
AlienRespawn is a proprietary software of Dell that comes preinstalled in Alienware PC/laptops. AlienRespawn helps users to backup information of their devices and data to protect it in case of data loss and run recovery on alienware laptop. Not just backup, but this software can quickly restore the computer to original factory settings. I am assuming you have your Recovery USB Drive created with AlienRespawn:
- Boot into your computer with a USB drive.
- Choose your Keyboard layout (I use the US mostly).
- When to access recovery options, log on as a local user appears, click on "OK" to login.
- Select "AlienRespawn Restore and Emergency Backup" on Choose a recovery tool screen.
- On the next Window, select "Select other System Backup and more options" from two options.
- Check "Restore my Computer" and click on Next.
- Choose Factory Image and Click on Next.
- Now choose to "Restore without preserving new or changed files."
- Now select "Yes, continue" and click on next.
The system will start the process of factory resetting, and you will have your computer reset within a matter of a few minutes. Congratulations, you are done setting up new Windows.
Extra Tips: Forgot Alienware Windows Password How to Do?
Before considering an alternative, you should recheck whether or not you entered the right username and password. First, try using an old username and password if that doesn't work. But if you forgot your password, don't worry; you don't have to reinstall Windows. PassFab 4WinKey is third-party software with a 100% success rate for not only resetting domain passwords but also any windows passwords. You can find multiple software online, but they cannot meet the features provided by PassFab 4WinKey. It wipes the strong and complex password in less time in efficient manners. In the next few steps, I will guide you about how to use this tool:
- Step 1: Download and install the program on another computer. Launch it, and insert your USB to burn a bootable disk.
- Step 2: Unplug your bootable disk and insert it into your locked computer and reboot the computer, at the same time keep pressing F12 or ESC to enter Boot Menu. After that, you can use thr arrow key to select your USB name and hit Enter.
- Step 3: Now, you will see the Windows System, select the system and click Next.
- Step 4: Next, select your locked account and click Remove Account Password to remove the password. Wait a Minutes and you password will be erased.
That's it and you will have access to your Alienware laptop or desktop computer without even reinstalling Windows on it. It works on all operating system including Windows 7/8 and Windows 10 without any problem. It will save you from hassle of resetting Alienware laptop.
First introduction of a problem which user stated in query is given and then the solution of it is provided in sections. The first section covers how to reset an Alienware PC/Laptop/Desktop using a USB recovery disk. The second section covers how a user can utilize Dell's AlienwareRespawn tool to reset a computer into its original state. The last fix is solution to saving data and other settings with PassFab 4WinKey software to recover password and gain access to Alienware computer again without formatting and resetting.