Are you excited about the Microsoft.com new features of ios 17 Beta？ According to news from WWDC conference, ios 17 beta will relese on June 5th before ios 17 lauched in September 2023. Upgrading to the beta version of Apple's latest operating system can provide an early glimpse into its innovative features, such as the updates include enhancements to the Control Center, interactive widgets, a redesigned Dynamic Island and more.
However, if you find the instability and errors of the beta software outweigh the benefits, it's time to revert back to the stable ios 16. In this article, we will guide you through the process of removing and uninstalling ios 17 Beta from your iPhone, allowing you to restore the familiar functionality of ios 16.
Part 1: Backup Your Data First
In order to revert your iPhone from ios 16 to ios 15, the process primarily involves wiping your existing device and subsequently reinstalling the new operating system.
So before downgrading your iPhone from ios 17 Beta to ios 16, it's crucial to back up your data. Creating a backup ensures the safety of your files, contacts, and important memories. By making a backup before proceeding with the downgrade, you can remove/uninstall iOS 17 Beta from iPhone without Losing Data. We reccommend you to use the official way to back up your data, it is free.
Backup Your ios 16 without computer
Here we use iClued. iCloud serves as a complimentary solution to fulfill all your backup requirements, providing ios users with a 5GB of no-cost storage to securely store their data in the cloud. And it do not require using computer, which will be best choice for those who do have or do not want use PC. The following are the steps.
- Ensure that your ios 17 beta is connected to a reliable WiFi network or has a stable data connection.
- Launch the Settings app, tap on your account name, and choose "iCloud".
- Opt for "iCloud Backup" and proceed to select "Backup Now" to initiate the backup process, which will securely store your iPhone's data on iCloud.
Backup Your ios 16 with computer
Backup with iCloud is handy, but it only provides 5GB storage space which is not enough for most of the phone users. You can also upgrade it by purchasing the upgarade plan:
- For 50 GB: requires $0.99 per month
- For 200 GB: requires $2.99 per month
- For 2 TB: requires $9.99 per month
Some users perfer to backup data with their computer which can restore more data without limitation and also free as well. If you use PC, please backup with iTunes. Mac users will back up with Finder. But no matter what plafrom, the steps are almost the same.
- Launch iTunes or Finder on your computer, and connect your iPhone to the computer using its charging cable. When prompted on your iPhone, select Trust and enter your passcode to establish a connection.
- In iTunes, locate and click on the small iPhone icon positioned at the top-left corner. In Finder, you will find your iPhone listed in the left sidebar.
- Navigate to the Backups section, and opt to create a backup of your data on the computer. Then, click on the Back Up Now button to initiate the backup process.
Part 2: How to Go Back from ios 17 beta to 16?
Now that you have known how to backup your data before uninstall ios 17 beta, you can use the following to remove or uninstall iOS 17 Beta without losing data.
|Method||Description||Ease of Use||Limitations|
|1. Remove ios 17 Beta Profile||Remove the iOS Beta Software Profile in Settings.||Easy||Requires next iOS or iPadOS version availability|
|2. Uninstall iOS 17 Beta to 16 with iTunes||Use iTunes to restore the iPhone with iOS 16 firmware.||Moderate||Requires iTunes and iOS 16 firmware availability|
|3. Uninstall iOS 17 Beta to 16 with Recovery Mode||Enter recovery mode and restore iPhone using iTunes or Finder with iOS 16 firmware.||Moderate||Requires knowledge of recovery mode and firmware|
Way 1: Uninstall ios 17 Beta to 16 without computer
The most convenient way to uninstall the public ios 17 beta is to remove the beta profile and wait for ios 17 formal update. You don't even need a computer. Follow these steps:
Step 1. Navigate to Settings > General and tap on VPN & Device Management.
Step 2. Select the ios Beta Software Profile.
Step 3. Tap on Remove Profile, and then restart your device.
Once the next public version of ios 17 or iPadOS 17 becomes available, install it to switch back to a non-beta version.
As ios 17 formal will release on Setpember, some people may don't want to wait too long. We also provide more methods below.
Way 2: Uninstall ios 17 Beta to 16 with iTunes
To effectively remove ios 17 beta from your iPhone, you need to utilize iTunes. Prior to proceeding, make sure that you have taken a backup of your data.
Step 1. Go to a browser on your PC and visitipsw official website to download the ios 16 firmware.
Step 2.Navigate to the iPhone section of the website and choose your specific iPhone model.
Step 3.Select the most recent IPSW file available and click on the "Download" button to save it to your computer.
After the file is downloaded, you can downgrade from ios 17 beta to ios 16 using iTunes:
Step 4.Open iTunes on your PC and hold down the "Shift" key.
Step 5.Click on "Restore iPhone," which will prompt a window to appear on the screen.
Step 6.Locate and select the downloaded IPSW file when prompted.
Once selected, iTunes will initiate the downgrade process, removing ios 16 beta and restoring your iPhone to ios 15.5. The progress of the downgrade will be displayed on the screen.
After the downgrade is complete, you will need to set up your iPhone. During the setup process, choose the option "Don't transfer apps and data".
Way 3: Uninstall ios 17 Beta to 16 with Recovery Mode
Another method for the ios 17 Beta downgrade is through RECOVERY mode on Mac Finder. To remove the developer beta and restore your device immediately, please follow these steps:
Step 1. Make sure your Mac is running the latest version of macOS or iTunes.
Step 2. Connect your device to your computer and put it into recovery mode using the following steps based on your device model:
- For iPads without a Home button: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Top button until your iPad starts to restart. Keep holding the Top button until your iPad enters recovery mode.
- For iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Next, press and hold the Side button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- For iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, or iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons simultaneously. Keep holding them even when the Apple logo appears. Release the buttons when the recovery mode screen appears.
- For iPhone 6s or earlier, iPad with a Home button, or iPod touch (6th generation or earlier): Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Continue holding them even when the Apple logo appears. Release the buttons when the recovery mode screen appears.
Step 4. When the option to Restore appears, click on it. This will erase your device and install the current non-beta version of ios 16 or iPadOS.
Step 4. Wait for the restore to finish. If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password to disable Activation Lock.
Apple official also offer some solutions if the whole process still have issues, you can click here to check.
Backups created while using beta software may not be compatible with older versions of ios or iPadOS. If you don't have a backup made with the current version, it may not be possible to restore your device with the most recent backup.
Part 3: Extra tips: How to unlock your iPhone?
You may forgot your password after multiple tries to unlock your ios 17 beta. Here comes a reliable tool! Passfab iPhone unlocker is designed to help you unlock your iPhone and remove various locks and passcodes. It provides a simple and effective solution for accessing your device when you have forgotten your passcode or when your iPhone is disabled.
Remove Various Locks: Whether it's a 4-digit or 6-digit passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID, PassFab iPhone Unlocker can bypass them all.
Unlock Disabled iPhones: If you have entered the wrong passcode multiple times and your iPhone is disabled, this tool can help you regain access.
Remove Apple ID: In addition to removing passcodes, PassFab iPhone Unlocker can also help you remove an existing Apple ID from your iPhone, allowing you to sign in with a different account.
Easy-to-Use Interface: The software offers a user-friendly interface, making it accessible for both technical and non-technical users.
Fast Unlocking Process with 100% success rate: PassFab iPhone Unlocker employs advanced algorithms to ensure a quick unlocking process, saving you time and effort.
Usually the beta version are not stable as the formal one, you may want to unistall ios 17 beta as its unexpected errors and bugs. We have introduce 3 methods to help you remove ios 17 beta to ios 16, you can compare these 3 and use the most sutiatble way. They also work on other ios version. Besides we also share Passfab iPhone unlocker with you, which can helps you get rid of lock screen.