“Few days ago my boss sends me a report which is in PowerPoint but the problem is that they want me to give presentation in Google Slides so I want to convert PPT to a Google Slides, please I want a simple solution for this, so help required!”
Most of the people want to convert PowerPoint to Google Slides because it brings an amazing online sharing experience as compared to other software. Best part about it is that it is very easy to use and completely web-based. All the files remains up to date even it allows you to embed the file in the page. Is not it an amazing feature? Yes it is! 90 percent people prefer Google Slides because it brings so much ease while collaboration with team members even team members can interact with each other by using a speaker. If you are one of those who want to know simple solutions to convert PPT to Google Slides then continue to read below.
- Way 1: How to Convert PowerPoint to Google Slides: Drag and Drop PowerPoint File into Google Slides
- Way 2: How to Convert PPT to Google Slides: Open PowerPoint File from Google Slides
- Way 3: How to Upload PowerPoint to Google Slides: Upload PowerPoint File into Google Slides
- Way 4: How to Import PowerPoint to Google Slides: Upload PowerPoint File into Google Drive then Open with Google Slides
Part 1. How to Convert PowerPoint to Google Slides
Way 1: How to Convert PowerPoint to Google Slides: Drag and Drop PowerPoint File into Google Slides
This method is good and very simple for converting PowerPoint to Google Slides, I will definitely prefer it but keep remember it will works only if the file is located on a local drive.
Step 1: First you need to open a Google Docs.
Step 2: In the second step you need to choose Slides.
Note: If Slides is not auto selected then you need to choose the menu (3 bars) icon from left corner and then choose Slides.
Step 3: In 3rd step you need to choose File Picker (file folder) icon from the right side.
Step 4: Now you can see an Open a File screen from there choose Upload.
Step 5: Now go to the folder where PPT file is present, simply drag your PPT file into a Drag a file here section.
Step 6: It’s done; a message will appear soon that your file is uploaded. Finally you can see your file in the Google Slides environment.
Way 2: How to Convert PPT to Google Slides: Open PowerPoint File from Google Slides
This way is also good and an amazing alternative to convert PPT to Google Slides because it saves a lot of time and its steps are quite simple.
- Step 1: First you need to open a Google Docs.
- Step 2: Now choose Slides from the Menu
Step 3: This step is a bit new; on the top of screen you will be able to see a Down arrow there select a View location .
Step 4: Now you need to choose your PPT file, after choosing you can see two boxes View Only mode, or Edit as Google Slides, from there choose the Edit as Google Slides. It’s all done.
Way 3: How to Upload PowerPoint to Google Slides: Upload PowerPoint File into Google Slides
If you want to upload PowerPoint to Google Slides then must try this method. This method is super easy and finishes in just 4 to 5 steps.
- Step 1: First open up a Google Docs.
Step 2: Now choose New > File Upload from the left corner.
- Step 3: Now choose the file that you want to upload.
- Step 4: After file selection, your file will be uploaded and you can see the file in the Google Drive File list.
Step 5: At the end, you need to choose Open with Google Slides from top of the menu.
- Step 6: Finally file is converted, get your file from Google Slides editing environment.
Way 4: How to Import PowerPoint to Google Slides: Upload PowerPoint File into Google Drive then Open with Google Slides
Now import PowerPoint to Google Slides is no more difficult, this is also a preferable method but try it only if you have time because its steps are quite long as compared to other methods.
- Step 1: Open Google Docs.
- Step 2: Now select Slides from Menu.
- 3: Now you can see a (the + sign) from the right part simply choose Create new presentation.
- Step 4: After following above step you will navigate to Google Slides Editing screen.
- Step 5: From there you need to choose Files > Import slides.
Step 6: Now choose Upload and then choose Select a file from your computer.
- Step 7: When you done with uploading file you will prompted to a new screen from there you can chooses a slide that you want to use.
Step 8: Simply choose All for choosing all slides.
- Step 9: At the end choose Import Slides, finally you will be able to see an editing environment.
Part 2. How to Convert Google Slides to PowerPoint
We all know very well that choosing best presentation software can be a big decision. 90% people convert Google Slides to PowerPoint because PPT comes up with lots of features, and it is 100% reliable. People use it for making stunning presentations even PPT let you add variety of transitions as well as extra ordinary affects. Few people use it for creating stunning animated video. If you are one of those who want to convert Google Slides to PowerPoint then must go through the below content.
Method 1: Convert Google Slides to PowerPoint Manually
This method is simply admirable for export Google Slides to PowerPoint. Though this method is very simple and just takes your 3 to 4 steps but it is a bit time consuming because it let you convert the slide one by one. So this method is only preferable if you have time. Follow below steps to convert Google Slides to PPT manually.
- Step 1: First you need to log-in to Google Drive.
- Step 2: In the 2nd step you need to search for the file that you want to convert.
Step 3: In the 3rd step you need to open your Google Slide and then choose File > Download As > Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx)
- Step 4: Finally the browser has been downloaded the file which is in PPT now.
Method 2: Convert Google Slides to PowerPoint Automatically
Google Slides to PowerPoint formatting is no more difficult now; you can do it automatically also. The benefit of following this method is that it saves your time a lot and it plays an important role in making your workflow faster. This method is very easy and steps are quite simple. Simply follow the below steps to convert Google Slides to PPT automatically.
- Step 1: First you need to download this: Insync tool.
- Step 2: After downloading make sure that you are using a Docs Conversion feature.
Step 3: Now you need to open Insync software and navigate to Account Settings.
Step 4: After accessing account settings, you need to click on the Conversion Tab.
Step 5: Now you need to choose Convert to Microsoft.
- Step 6: At the end, simply click Apply. Now all the slides that you sync will be automatically converted to PPT and makes your workflow faster.
Method 3: Convert Google Slides to PowerPoint Online
This method is also good if you want to convert Google Slides to PowerPoint online. It is secure and reliable to use. Best part about it is that it also let you convert PPTX to PPT as well as OpenOffice. Follow below steps to convert Google Slides to PowerPoint Online. It does not require more steps; just 2, 3, steps will convert your file.
Step 1: In the very first step, you need to choose the file that you want to convert. You can even choose the file from Dropbox or Google Drive. Even you can upload the file URL also.
- Step 2: After file selection click on Start Conversion.
- Step 3: At the end, your file will be converted and your browser will download it to a downloaded location.
Additional Tips: How to Open Password-Protected PowerPoint Slideshow
I am pretty much sure this extra tip is going to be very helpful because the software PassFab for PPT perfectly meet all the users' need and have been tested by experts they rate it 10/10 for its performance and accuracy. So Guys go for it if you really want to unlock your password protected PowerPoint presentation. It is extra ordinary. If you want to recover and open password protected PowerPoint file, then must try it.
Advantages of PassFab for PPT
- It is very time savvy
- 100% secure and free from viruses
- Your file will not be damage, 100% security
- Incase if you want to pause the process then you can do it, simply resume it when you got time.
- It is better than other ordinary software because its boost search speed is unexpectedly faster.
- It is supported by almost all operating system either its Windows, Vista or XP servers.
How to Use PassFab for PPT
Using it is very easy simply follow the below steps and get back into your protected file.
Step 1: Download it: PassFab for PPT. After downloading, install it, then you will be able to see a below interface.
Step 2: Now choose ADD button and upload your protected PPT file.
Step 3: After file uploading you will be able to see a 3 attack types, simply choose the appropriate one according to your choice.
Step 4: After choosing one option choose the Start Button, finally your password will be recovered.
You can also learn and watch this video tutorial about how to use it:
Wrap It Up
We have covered up simple solutions to convert PPT to Google Slides. It has been very easy now because the solutions we introduced are extra ordinary and time-savvy besides sharing solution to convert PPT to Google Slides we also introduced an extra tip for those who is looking for solution to open a password protected PowerPoint file.