If you are a pro gamer and want to share your skills with friends, then you need a professional gaming screen recorder to do so. The online world is full of game recording tools, all claiming to be best on business – but some are better than others.
Choosing a perfect gaming recorder tool isn’t a simple task as the most software record your game in poor quality or slow down your computer. Keeping this in view, we have handpicked the best game recording software to assist you choose the one that suits your needs.
- What Is Best Game Recording Software on Windows?
What Is Best Game Recording Software on Windows?
Honestly speaking, there can’t be one specific answer to this. Every tool has its own set of pros and cons and the “best software” varies from user to user depending on their requirements and the type of game they want to record.
However, you should only rely on authentic and proven software to avoid experiencing any delays in the recording process or being scammed. Let’s discover the most sought-after screen recorder for games.
Bandicam is one of the most popular gaming screen recorder that allows you to record screen in ultra HD. What’s best about this product is that it helps users record both screen and microphone simultaneously.
- You can record both flash and online games.
- It compresses the video while recording it.
- Records game at a fast rate.
- Displays Flames Per Second number on the screen.
PassFab Screen Recorder
If you want to record the game in high-resolution effortlessly, then PassFab is your perfect choice. Being ranked amongst the very best game screen recorders, PassFab Screen Recorder is easy to use, lightweight, and has no time or number of lengths restrictions.
- Record whole or part of the gaming screen.
- Trim the video after recording.
- Share directly to Dropbox, Google Drive, or YouTube.
- Record in UHD.
- Records audio as well.
- Save the output file in a number of MP4 formats.
Open Broadcaster Software
As the name indicates, Open Broadcaster software is an open-source program that records video game screen for both Windows and Mac. Its interface is a bit complicated, so expect some time to get used to it.
- Offers many options to rearrange the layout as you wish.
- Users can create shortcut keys.
- Records both audio and video and also livestreams in high-quality.
- Easy to use audio filters to adjust the sound and/or remove the background noise.
- Equipped with a range of amazing themes.
This software was developed to monitor hardware but now counted amongst the best screen recorder for gaming. Since it’s predominantly a hardware overclocking tool, MSI Afterburner records in UHD without putting strain on your PC’s hardware.
- Allows users to go live without any hassle.
- Ability to record audio of your computer and microphone.
- Has a simple and straightforward interface.
- Users can customize various audio and video output setting easily.
- Small size output files.
This software is compatible with AMD Graphic card. Since it uses GPU to record game screen, it doesn’t consume resources of your computer. It offers the most distinctive feature of upscaling the recording resolution to as high as 4k UHD, making it the best screen capture software for games.
- Allows users to set up hotkeys to record and customize the output easily.
- Supports many codecs and video formats.
- Ability to record the system’s voice and microphone.
- Easily customizable audio and video recording settings.
- Records and livestreams gameplay.
Looking for best gaming screen recorder which doesn’t slow down your old PC? Then, Fraps is the program you’re looking for. It automatically optimizes your system’s usage to ensure a smooth recording experience.
- Very friendly UI.
- Displays FPS on screen.
- Record the game screen in high-resolution.
- Gives the option to customize the frame rates to 120 FPS.
Do you want a simple yet multi-featured software to record game screen along with audio in high-quality? Then, XSplit Gamecaster is your perfect choice. Having the ability to both record and livestream, it offers an advanced video editing tools.
- Simple and straightforward UI.
- Powerful video editing tools.
- Adjust recording time and length.
- Share the output to other platforms directly.
Looking for a screen recorder compatible with all graphic cards? Why not try Action! It is among the very few software that offer slow-motion recording to better analyze your experience and that’s why used by many pro gamers. Its Greenscreen mode allows users to record game screen in as high resolution as 8k.
- Ability to slow down the recorded footage.
- Offers Greenscreen mode.
- Works on mobile recording .
- Compatible with all graphic cards and Windows versions.
Offering both basic and advanced video editing tools, EaseUS RecExperts is another top game recording software. It has the ability to record any particular area of the screen and external devices in ultra HD resolution.
- Advanced built-in video editor.
- Records narration and game screen simultaneously.
- Offers scheduled recording.
Xbox Game Bar
A preinstalled tool of Windows 10, Xbox Game Bar is another popular game screen recorder. Using it, you can take screenshots, record gaming screen, and even record chats using its widgets.
Aside from that, it comes with a friendly and well-designed UI which made it to appear on our list of best screen recorder for gaming.
DemoCreator is ranked amongst the most popular game screen recorders. It is your to-go choice if you want to make tutorials and demos of your product or services. It’s capable of recording the screen at 120 frames per seconds.
- Vary the recording speed.
- Fade in or out during recording.
- Upload the recorded videos directly to various platforms.
- Offer unlimited themes to customize your video.
To sum up, this article has summarized the 14 best game recording software you can use to record your gaming screen. Read the features of every tool to choose which one benefits you the most. However, we recommend users to rely on PassFab Screen Recorder to capture game screen smoothly.