If you have an iPad, you may have set a verification code to prevent someone from accessing the tablet without your permission. If you have can't remember the passcode of the iPad or have repeatedly entered a wrong passcode, the iPad is disabled. In this case, you must want to know how to unlock iPad. Here I want to tell you that you can reset the iPad using recovery mode or a computer that is synced with iTunes, but you may not be able to access data that you have not saved on the device.
There are several ways below that you can use to gain access to your device. If you need to, read on to choose your preferred way to unlock iPad without code.
Section 1: How to Unlock iPad without Passcode
If you want to know how to unlock iPad without code, you're in the right place. Too often users forget the password of their iOS device so they cannot access it. Although Apple does not offer an easy way to unlock iOS devices, there are ways to solve this problem. However, your saved data and settings will be lost. Follow these techniques to learn how to unlock an iPad without password.
- Solution 1: Unlock iPad without Password with Find My iPad
- Solution 2: Unlock iPad without Password in Recovery Mode
- Solution 3: Unlock iPad without Password Using One-click iPad Unlock Tool
Solution 1: Unlock iPad without Password with Find My iPad
To make it simpler for users to locate their devices remotely, Apple launched the Find My iPad service. It is linked to iCloud and can also be used to unlock iPad passcode without restore. Before you continue with this solution, you must know the login details of your iCloud account that are linked to the relevant iPad. And it may not require password if you ever login iCloud on your computer. You can learn to unlock an iPad without a password by following these steps:
1. First, go to the official iCloud website and log in with your Apple ID and password. Make sure it is the same account that is linked to your iPad.
2. In the iCloud welcome screen, select "Find my iPhone."
3. This opens a new interface. Simply click the "All devices" option and select your iPad.
4. This will display your iPad and all other options associated with it. To unlock your device, click the "Erase iPad" button.
5. Confirm your choice and wait for a few moments, as your iPad will be completely erased.
Your iPad has been restarted, there is no lock screen, and you have access to it without any problem.
Note: Your iPad will be completely erased, and all of your data will be lost.
Solution 2: Unlock iPad without Password in Recovery Mode
You can also learn how to unlock an iPad without a password by putting it into recovery mode. This will completely restore your iPad and delete your verification code. You can learn to unlock an iPad without a password by following these steps:
1. First, launch an updated version of iTunes on your system.
2. Then, switch off your device and leave it for a few seconds.
3. Press hold the power and low volume buttons simultaneously to put it into recovery mode. Keep them pressed for at least 10 sec. You will see the Apple logo on the screen.
4. Leave the power button while holding down the main button on your iPad. Connect your iPad to your system to display the iTunes symbol on the screen.
5. Once you have connected the iPad to iTunes, it detects that your device is in recovery mode and displays the following message.
6. Accept and allow iTunes to automatically restore your device.
Solution 3: Unlock iPad without Password Using One-click iPad Unlock Tool
If none of the above solutions work, then PassFab iPhone Unlocker is your best choice. This is a wonderful iPhone passcode unlock tool to for users. You can use it to solve the problem how to unlock iPad passcode without restore, unlock Apple ID sign in screen, or bypass MDM remote management in iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Here are the step-to-step guide:
Step 1. Download, install and then launch this software to your personal computer, which may be Windows or Mac system. Then choose "Unlock Lock Screen Passcode" feature and go to next step.
Step 2. Connect your iPad to this computer and put it into recovery mode or DFU mode by following the on-screen instruction written in this software.
Step 3. Now click "Download" button to download firmware package. After that, click "Start Unlock" button and begin the process.
Step 4. After a few minutes, your iPad passcode will be removed. Now you can start iPad without any passcode.
Section 2: How to Unlock iPad without Computer
In this section, you can use iCloud and try to use Siri bug to deal with how to unlock iPad mini without computer.
- Method 1: Unlock iPad without Computer via iCloud
- Method 2: Unlock iPad without Computer by Asking Siri
Method 1: Unlock iPad without Computer via iCloud
The search functionality of my iPhone on iPad can be used to figure out how to unlock iPad passcode without computer when you log in to the official iCloud website (www.icloud.com) using another phone. This method can only work if Find My iPhone is enabled.
Step 1: Go to the iCloud official site, from a friend's mobile device.
Step 2: login with your Apple ID and password.
Step 3: Click on "All Devices" and select your iPad.
Step 4: Click on "Erase iPad" to remotely remove your iPad and password.
Step 5: Choose a recent backup and set up your iPhone.
Method 2: Unlock iPad without Computer by Asking Siri
The other way you can use to solve how to unlock iPad without computer is using Siri. This is not an official solution to restore a disabled iPhone without recovery, and it is used by many users from time to time. For the most part, it is considered an error in iOS, and probably it does not always work. It has been observed that this technique only works on devices with iOS 8.0 to iOS 10.1. You can follow this method and know how to unlock the iPad verification code without performing a recovery operation by doing the following:
1. Press on hold the Home button on your iOS device to activate Siri. Now ask for the current time by saying "Hey Siri, what time is it?" Or something that would show the clock. Tap the clock icon to access your phone.
2. This will open the interface for the world clock on your device. Add a clock manually by pressing the "+" icon.
3. Write something on the search bar and tap the "Select All" function.
4. Press the 'Share' button between all available options which opens a new interface with sharing options.
5. Tap the message icon to continue.
6. Another interface opens for you to write your message. Write something in the "To" field of the draft and tap the Return button.
7. This will mark your text. Just select it and tap the Add option.
8. Tap the "Create new contact" button to add a new contact.
9. This will open a new window to add a new contact. From there you tap on the photo icon and choose the option "Choose a photo."
10. When the photo library of your device is launched, wait a moment or go to the album of your choice.
11. Now press the start/home button. If all goes well, you will get access to the home screen of your device, and you will have access to all other functions without any problems.
By following these solutions, you would be able to know how to unlock iPad without password or computer. However, if you don't know which method you should choose to unlock ipad without code, and you have a laptop or computer, I recommend you to choose PassFab iPhone Unlocker for its convenience. Besides, it is really an excellent tool and will help you resolve any issue related to your iPad instantly. Go ahead and download it to try!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>