For many users, the reason they disable Windows defender is simply because they don't want to be blocked while downloading the app. Because the main purpose of Windows defender is to provide the security and to protect your systems against rootkits, viruses, spyware, along with several malicious code types. So, if you do n’t need this feature or already use other security tools then follow the article to disable Windows defender now.
- Method 1: How to Stop Windows Defender using Local Group Policy
- Method 2: How to Disable Windows Defender with the Registry
- Extra Knowledge: How to Disable Windows Defender via Settings App
Method 1: How to Stop Windows Defender using Local Group Policy
In case you are having Windows 10 Pro or other variant, for example, Windows 10 Education or Windows 10 Enterprise, you can simply go for Local Group Policy Editor in order to disable Defender Windows 10 on your system permanently. Follow below steps to solve Windows 10 disable Windows Defender issue:
Step 1:By using Windows key + R combination of keyboard keys, open the Run command box. Now type gpedit.msc command and tap on OK. This will open the window Local Group Policy Editor. Step 2:Next, go to path: Computer Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> Windows Components >> Windows Defender. Here you will find the Turn off Windows Defender option on the right. Double click on it. Step 3:Choose the option Enabled to disable Windows Defender and click on Apply button and then on Ok. Even though you are done with above procedure, the shield icon of Windows Defender will still be seen in system tray. The icon will disappear when you restart the computer. Congratulation, you have successfully done the task of "disable Windows Defender Windows 10". Step 4:Whenever you wish to again enable the Windows Defender, you just require following the above same steps, except choose the Not configured option and then restart the system so as to revert the changes you want.
Method 2: How to Disable Windows Defender with the Registry
You cannot access the Local Group Policy Editor in case you are having Windows 10 Home. The reason behind this is it is available only for enterprise OS versions. Though, you can make changes to the registry to overcome your "remove Windows Defender Windows 10" issue. Follow below steps to disable Windows Defender completely:
- Step 1: By using Windows key + R combination of keyboard keys, open the window of Run command and type the command regedit in the window. Now tap on OK. This will open the Registry.
- Step 2: Now go to path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender. In case you don't get "DWORD DisableAntiSpyware", simply right-click anywhere and select New. Now click the option DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Step 3: Give DisableAntiSpyware name to the key. Next by double-clicking the recently created key, set the value to 1 from 0 and simply restart your system in order to finish the procedure.
- Step 4: Whenever you wish to enable the Windows Defender again, simply follow above same steps except change the value on to 0 from 1. Now again restart your system to revert the required changes.
Note: If you forgot Windows password, you should reset the password first then you can access setting to disable Windows Defender.
Extra Knowledge: How to Disable Windows Defender via Settings App
If you wish to disable Windows Defender and turn off windows defender permanently, you can do this using Setting app. Follow below steps to Windows 10 disable Defender temporarily.
Go to Settings >> Update & security >> Windows Defender. Here you can simply by toggling the switch of Real-time protection make Windows Defender disable.
Sometimes people may forget the login password on their Windows computer. If you tried several times but still cannot access your PC, try PassFab 4WinKey, the professional Windows password removing and resetting tool to remove or change a new password for your computer.
In the above article, we have discussed how to disable Windows Defender permanently. The best and simple steps along with other required information are elaborated above. In addition, some reasonably priced alternatives are also mentioned above. Feel free to share your feedback with us in below comments.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>