How to Unlock Surface Pro 3 without Password
Forgot the login password for your Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 tablet? No worries. This article will show you several ways to remove password on Surface Pro 3. You don’t have to take the risk to lose data with these methods. I am sure you can find something helpful for Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 password reset.
- Part 1: How to Reset Forgotten Password on Surface Pro 3 without Factory Restore
- Part 2: Regular Solutions to Change Password on Surface Pro 3
If you don’t have a password reset disk when locked out of Surface Pro3 tablet, reinstalling operating system or going back to factory defaults is a good way to go, but you will lose all your data this way.
Alternatively, I will recommend you with a Windows 10 password reset tool called PassFab, which enables you to create a password recovery disk temporarily and use it to unlock Surface Pro 3 without keyboard. Specific steps are listed below:
1. Download and install PassFab on another accessible computer and insert a blank USB drive. Select Windows Password Recovery on the main interface.
2. Click Burn to put password recovery ISO file into your removable device. Eject when it finishes.
3. Plug the reset disk to your Surface Pro 3. Hold down the Volume Down button then quickly press and release the power button. When the Surface logo appears, let go the Volume button and your tablet should boot from the USB flash drive.
4. You will then enter Windows Password Recovery environment, where you can choose to reset Windows 10 password for Surface Pro 3 or to change it or even create a new account for login.
Except to use PassFab, there are other feasible ways to bypass password on Surface Pro 3, but they may have some limitations.
Tip 1: Reset Microsoft Live Account Online
If you are using Microsoft account to log in Surface Pro 3, things will be much easier. Directly go to Reset Password and verify your information to reset Surface Pro tablet password online.
Surface Pro tablet password online.
Tip 2: Ask Administrator to Change Another User Password
This situation is rare, but if you are lucky to have another account be the administrator. Switch to that account and go to Control Panel > User Account > Manage another account and enter a new password.
Tip 3: Go Back to Factory Defaults for Surface Pro 3
This method is definitely the last choice to remove Windows 10 password on your tablet as all the contents will be erased. To do this, you will need to connect the Surface Pro 3 with keyboard. On the sign in screen, hold the Shift key and click the power icon to select Restart. You will be navigated to advanced options, where you should choose Troubleshoot >Reset your PC > Remove everything.
That’s all about how to unlock Windows 10 password on Surface Pro. Hope you can regain access to your tablet with these methods.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>