Surface Pro 3 tablet is popular with the mass for its lightweight design nad powerful functions. If you forgot the password to login it, we have prepared 4 ways here to help you reset surface pro 3 password easily. No matter you want to factory reset Surface pro 3 to set a new password or just want to reset the password without data loss, there is always a way for you.
- Part 1: How to Reset Surface Pro 3 Password within 4 Steps
- Part 2: Regular Solutions to Reset Password on Surface Pro 3
Part 1: How to Reset Surface Pro 3 Password within 4 Steps
If you don't have a password reset disk when locked out of Surface Pro3 tablet, reinstalling operating system or going back to factory defaults is a good way to go, but you will lose all your data this way. Alternatively, I will recommend you with a Windows 10 password reset tool called PassFab 4WinKey, which enables you to create a password recovery disk temporarily and use it to unlock Surface Pro 3 without keyboard. Specific steps are listed below:
1. Download and install PassFab 4WinKey on another accessible computer and insert a blank CD, DVD or USB drive. Select one of them on the main interface.
2. Click Burn to put password recovery ISO file into your removable device. Eject when it finishes.
3. Plug the reset disk to your Surface Pro 3. Hold down the Volume Down button then quickly press and release the power button. When the Surface logo appears, let go the Volume button and your tablet should boot from the USB flash drive.
4. You will then enter Windows Password Recovery environment, where you can choose to reset Windows 10 password for Surface Pro 3 or to change it or even create a new account for login.
Part 2: Regular Solutions to Reset Password on Surface Pro 3
There are other feasible 3 ways to reset password on Surface Pro 3, but they may have some limitations. If you don't meet the requirements the only way to reset the pssword is using Windows password recovery tool.
1. Reset Microsoft Live Account Online
If you are using Microsoft account to log in Surface Pro 3, things will be much easier. Directly go to Reset Password and verify your information to reset Surface Pro tablet password online.
Surface Pro tablet password online.
2. Using Administrator Account
This situation is rare, but if you are lucky to have another account be the administrator. Switch to that account and go to Control Panel > User Account > Manage another account and enter a new password.
3. Factory Defaults for Surface Pro 3
This method is definitely the last choice to remove Windows 10 password on your tablet as all the contents will be erased. To do this, you will need to connect the Surface Pro 3 with keyboard. On the sign in screen, hold the Shift key and click the power icon to select Restart. You will be navigated to advanced options, where you should choose Troubleshoot > Reset your PC > Remove everything.
That's all about how to reset Windows 10 password on Surface Pro 3. Hope you can regain access to your tablet with these methods. At least, you can definitely solve the password problem with PassFab 4WinKey.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>