Windows 10 has multiple password types to help you achieve data protection. But, if you encounter the problem of forgetting login password. Don't worry, there are many ways to help you remove Windows 10 password without removing data. In this article, we will introduce 6 ways. Before starting, there is a thing you should know which is if you use a Microsoft account, we recommend using the first method. Because the Microsoft password cannot be removed.
Top 6 Ways to Remove Login Password on Windows 10
Option 1: Using Windows 10 Password Remover
So, this method is the best way for solving all Windows password issue. You can remove Windows 10 password within a few minutes. At the same time, you can use it reset fogotten Microsoft account password. It is PassFab 4WinKey which recommended by most Windows users. Now, let's see how it works.
- Step 1. Install PassFab 4WinKey on another computer and create a reset disk.
- Step 2. Insert the bootable CD/ DVD or USB drive in the locked computer. Reboot the computer and press "ESC" or "F12" to enter Boot Menu. Select the bootable disk you've inserted using the arrow key and press Enter.
- Step 3. Windows password recovery interface will appear. Choose your Windows 10 operating system and continue to next step.
- Step 4. Select the user account that you would like to remove password Windows 10 and go ahead.
- Step 5. Click Next > Reboot to restart your computer. Now you can bypass admin password Windows 10 successfully.
Option 2: Using Netplwiz Command
Want to remove forgotten password in Windows 10? While this method is fully functional, it makes you susceptible to cyber insecurity and should only be perform on PCs used at home far from the reach of strangers. Follow the procedure below.
- Step 1. Click the Start Menu icon and type "Netplwiz" and press Enter.
- Step 2. The "User Accounts" interface that outlines all user accounts on the computer will appear. Click on the admin account and uncheck the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" box.
- Step 3. Click "Apply" then enter the user name and the password in the window that appears and click "Ok".
Option 3: Using System Restore
Wan to know Windows 10 remove password on startup? You could do that by restoring your PC to an earlier date e.g. when you first set-up your account or when installing an update. Follow the procedure below.
- Step 1. Type "system restore" in the search bar and click "Create a restore point" from the results.
- Step 2. Click "System Protection" tab, the second tab from the left and click "System Restore".
- Step 3. Click "Next" and choose whichever restore point. Click "Next" then "Finish".
Option 4: Using Reset Password Online
In case you forgot password Windows 10 laptop or PC you could reset it online using Microsoft reset password page. Follow the procedure below.
- Step 1. Visit: https://account.live.com/password/reset and select a reason.
- Step 2. Enter your email address and enter the matching CAPTCHA codes displayed in the appropriate box.
- Step 3. You'll receive a code in your email address or email address to reset your password.
Option 5: Using a Password Reset Disk
How to remove the password in Windows 10? You need to have a password reset disk when using this method.
- Step 1. Insert your password reset USB drive and reboot your computer.
- Step 2. Click Reset password > Next.
- Step 3.Click the dropdown menu and password reset disk.
- Step 4. Click Next, type a new password and include a hint.
- Step 5. Finalize by clicking "Finish".
Option 6: Using Control Panel
Using the control panel is most straight-forward way to reset your Windows 10 password. Follow the procedure below.
- Step 1. Open Control Panel and click Large icons view.
- Step 2. Click "Manage another account" that's located under "Make changes to your account".
- Step 3. A list of all user accounts. Select one and click "Change the password".
- Step 4. Enter your previous password and a new one.
All the methods listed above will remove Windows 10 login password without deleting your data. PassFab 4WinKey is top recommended when you forget Windows password and have no recovery disk.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>