"Is it possible to automatically see the size of folders in the Windows 10 file Explorer, such as Windows shows the size of files? If it is not, please recommend a free third-party utilty software."
Large folder size is one of the most common reasons behind our computer systems slowing down or lagging. The only way to know which folder is overloaded is to view folder size Windows 10, then you can delete the useless programs, computer applications, documents. Once you are done, delete them permanently from the recycle bin. This should usually solve the problem. In case it doesn't, then you'll have to look at your hard drive. It might probably be 95 percent full and needs some clearing as well.
- Part 1. 3 Ways to Show Folder Size in Windows 10
- Part 2. How to Clean Your Windows 10 System?
- Part 3. How to Manage Your Windows 10 Password?
Part 1. 3 Ways to Show Folder Size in Windows 10
Wondering how to see folder size in Windows 10? Here are three ways that can helpyou out.
Way 1. Show Folder Size Windows 10 via Folder Properties
Properties is an inbuilt feature in your computer which you can use to show folder size Windows 10. You can directly see the size in Windows file explorer.
- Step 1. Go to "This PC" in your computer desktop. Select a hard drive folder and open it.
- Step 2. Choose one of the folders inside it and right click to check folder size explorer Windows 10. A drop-down list will appear. Select Properties.
- Step 3. A box will pop-upon your screen. It will show how much space is used and how much is remaining. You can also check other properties including a number of sub-folders and files it contains and security status.
Way 2. View Folder Size Windows 10 via Hover the Mouse
If you are too lazy to open the properties table, there's a simple way for you.
- Step 1. Go to Windows file explorer.
- Step 2. Hover your mouse on one of the files and a small dialog box will appear near the folder name. It will include the date it was created, size, and its primary folder.
Way 3. See Folder Size in Windows 10 via TreeSize
TreeSize is a computer application you'll need to download to view the folder size next to its name in Windows 10 file explorer.
- Step 1. Download the free exe file of the software. After installation is complete, open the software.
- Step 2. Click scan in the menu drop-down the list and select the drive you want to check the size of.
- Step 3. Sort the folder according to size to know which one is using the most memory. File with the highest storage appears first on the list.
Using TreeSize, you can also check the folder size of external drives including mobile storage, CD, DVD, and USB drive. You can use it to clear files within the folders, so you don't have to go back to file explorer for doing it.
Part 2. How to Clean Your Windows 10 System?
You should clean your Windows system every three months so that you extend its life and reduce the chances of it crashing or suddenly stopping to work. There are a number of ways you can clean your Windows System.
1. Delete Unwanted Applications
It is the most obvious thing to do when you are cleaning your computer. Click on Start> Settings> Apps> Apps and Features. Scroll down and select the ones that you want to uninstall. Click on Uninstall, and you are all done. You'll be surprised at how many unwanted applications you have stored on your computer.
2. Disk Cleanup
Disk Cleanup is one of the original features offered by Windows to clean unnecessary files and folders. To get rid of them, go to Start> Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Disk Cleanup. If you have time and want a more thorough cleanup, click on Clean upsystem files before you select Disk Cleanup.
3. Clear Cache
If you have a Windows 10 computer, then let us tell you that it is full of cache. To clear cache, open Run> enter WSReset.exe> click OK. It might seem like nothing is happening but your computer will take upon the cache clearing process in the background. After the process is complete, Windows Store will launch itself. This is an indication that the process is successfully over.
4. Clean AppData Folder
Even after you uninstall an app, you'll find a few bits and pieces of it scattered all around your computer. Most of this data is usually found in the AppData folder. Enter C:\Users\[Username]\AppData in the file explorer or %AppData% in Windows Search to open the folder, which is usually hidden.
It is divided into three subfolders: Local, LocalLow, and Roaming. You'll have to go through them manually to delete data that you don't want anymore.
Part 3. How to Manage Your Windows 10/11 Password
While cleaning your Windows system, many users prefer to reset the password of admin, user, and domain accounts. After a deep clean, logging in into your computer becomes difficult. The best software to reset passwords of all accounts at use is PassFab 4WinKey. With few steps you can solve Windows password issues easily.
Here's how you can reset the password using PassFab 4WinKey:
- Step 1. Download and install any edition of PassFab 4WinKey on another computer.
- Step 2. Insert a removable disk, which can either be USB Flash Drive or a CD/ DVD.
- Step 3. Once you make your choice, click Next. All information stored on the removable disk will be lost, so make sure you store it beforehand.
- Step 4. After burning process is complete, eject the removable disk and enter in your locked computer.
- Step 5. Restrat the computer and press F12 to enter boot menu. Using arrow key to select your disk name and Save & Exit.
- Step 6. Next, select your Windows system > Reset account password and select the account you want to reset password.
- Step 7. After resetting password click Next, the software will ask you to reboot the computer. You can either do it immediately or a little later. We recommend that you reboot it immediately.
When your Windows computer restarts, your user account will appear on the lock screen. Click on it, and you'll get access without requiring to enter the password. Go to User Accounts in your computer settings and enter a new password.
In this article, we talked about the main reason for your computer slowing down, how to get up the speed of your computer, and the best software to use for resetting Windows password. Still have problems? By leaving the comment below to let us know!