"Hello everyone, yesterday I changed my Acer laptop password and somehow my laptop is showing incorrect password today. I am pretty sure I am typing the correct password but can’t get into my laptop now. How to recover the administrator password, can some expert suggest anything?"
Locked out of Acer laptop? Well, don't be panic. There are many ways allows you reset password on Acer laptop. No matter you are using PIN or Picture as login password, you can also find a way to solve this issue by checking the article below. Also, you should know the old versions of Windows systems have different cracking methods, but there is a way can make it same. Without any delay, keep reading to check it!
- Method 1. Reset Password on Acer Laptop with Installation Disk
- Method 2. Reset Password on Acer Laptop with PassFab 4WinKey
- Method 3. Reset Password on Acer Laptop with Command Prompt
Method 1. Reset Password on Acer Laptop with Installation Disk
Using Acer recovery disk is the best way to reset the password, which is simple and safe. But you have prepare a Windows password recovery disk before Acer laptop locked up. If you did that, you can follow the detailed steps to reset your Acer laptop. If you didn't create it, go check the next method. By the way, this way works for Windows 10/8/7.
- Step 1. Type the wrong password several times until you see the "Reset password" option. Click it.
- Step 2. Insert your recovery disk into the locked laptop. And the "Password Reset Wizard" will pop up.
- Step 3. Follow the wizard guide to set your new password and confirm.
After rebooting your computer, you can login with the new password.
Method 2. Reset Password on Acer Laptop with PassFab 4WinKey
Since most people haven't create the password reset disk beforehand. The only way left to you is by using Windows password recovery tool to create one. Here, we will introduce a powerful tool for your reference which named PassFab 4WinKey. It allows you create password reset disk within few minutes. Then reset Acer laptop on Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista/XP/2008/2003 etc.
- Step 1. Download and install PassFab 4WinKey on an accessible computer or Mac. Launch it after installation.
- Step 2. Insert a blank USB/CD/DVD drive. Click "Next". The software will extract ISO files to the drive and create a password reset disk.
- Step 3. Insert the bootable USB or CD/DVD to the password locked Windows PC/Laptop. Restart the computer and press "F12" or "ESC" on the keyboard to enter Boot Menu interface. Then find the bootable disk that you've inserted, then using the arrow keys to highlight it and press Enter to select boot device.
- Step 4. Once you finished the step 3, your computer will auto restrat and you can reset Acer laptop password.
After the password recovery procedure completes, you can reboot your laptop.
Method 3. Reset Password on Acer Laptop with Command Prompt
If you forgot/lost password on Acer laptop while your laptop remains unlocked, you can change password using command prompt. However, you need to be clear that this solution is only applicable for unlocked laptop. In addition, computer newbies will probably damage system or lose data if adopting this method.
- Step 1. Press "Windows" and "R" key combo to activate "Run" box.
- Step 2. Input "cmd" and hit "Enter" key. It will launch command prompt.
- Step 3. Type "net user" and click "Enter", it will show the user account info of this laptop.
- Step 4. Input "net user username new password" and hit "Enter". Then you can create a new password for your Acer laptop.
That's all for how to recover password on Acer laptop with Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP. If you want to reset password on Acer laptop without losing data or you don't have a password reset disk, PassFab 4WinKey is your best choice. If you also want to unlock HP laptop password or have other questions you can also try PassFab 4WinKey. Still have question? please tell us by leaving the comment below.