"I forgot my password to my HP laptop and I need it unlocked immediately. I know factory reset is possible but I have an important presentation in the system directory, I can't afford to lose those files at any cost. Please, suggest me a way to unlock the laptop without erasing the files."
There isn't any particular reason behind people forgetting the password for their laptops. This is simple password protection for your laptop to keep it safe from unauthorized use but in this fast-paced world it is very obvious and most of the times accidentally users forget the password for their respective laptops. There are several ways to unlock an HP laptop if you accidentally lost its login password. A few of the very effective procedures are described below in details.
- Solution 1. Bypass Forgotten HP Laptop Password by HP Recovery Manager
- Solution 2. Reset Forgotten HP Laptop Password with PassFab 4WinKey
- Solution 3. Remove Forgotten HP Laptop Password via Factory Reset
- Solution 4. Unlock HP Laptop Password with Super Administrator
- Solution 5. Reinstall Windows on Your HP Laptop
Solution 1. Bypass Forgotten HP Laptop Password by HP Recovery Manager
If you forgot password on HP laptop then first you should try the recovery manager. The HP Recovery Manager is a built-in program that comes with every HP laptop, the program and basically helps the users in similar situations.
The work of the program is pretty simple, the primary partition of your hard drive gets refreshed, as a result of that the password also gets erased. Here's how to do it:
- Step 1: Turn off the laptop then wait a few minutes and then turn it on again.
- Step 2: You need to tap "F11" continuously to access "HP Recovery Manager". Select the recovery manager and then wait for it to load.
- Step 3: Proceed through the program and select "System Recovery".
- Step 4: Now, you have to wait, as the recovery manager will install all the necessary programs to remove the password from your laptop.
- Step 5: Wait until the procedure is finished, then restart the laptop.
This is a very effective procedure to remove password from a locked laptop but it is only applicable for HP laptops.As a result of this procedure, all the files from your primary partition will be erased completely. So, if you have anything important there, we recommend using the last procedure on this list.
Solution 2. Reset Forgotten HP Laptop Password with PassFab 4WinKey
If you are still unable to fix HP forgot password then the best alternative option available for you is a third-party professional software.
These type of programs are called password recovery programs and there are a few that are specifically designed for password recovery on Windows computers. PassFab 4WinKey is a software with similar features and it works quite efficiently.
It is a professional password recovery program for Windows Operating Systems and if you are having trouble with conventional ways to reset the password for your laptop then this is the best way to move forward. The program provides a pronged elaborate method to unlock the Windows device but the procedure is very simple, easy to operate. Most importantly, all your data will be intact and completely safe!
So, here's how to unlock HP laptop forgot password with PassFab 4WinKey:
Part 1: Create HP Password Reset Disk
- Step 1: So, you need to download the program from its dedicated website on a different computer or laptop, then run it. Then you will be asked to select a boot media which will be converted into a password reset disk.
- Step 2: Now, click "Burn" in the program panel and insert a CD/DVD/ USB into the drive. The program will warn you that all the files on the disk will be permanently erased.
- Step 3: You have to click "Next" on the popped up message and the program will start the burning process.
- Step 4: The process will continue for a minute then it will be completed.
Part 2: Boot from the Reset Disk
- Step 1: Now, you need to insert that HP password reset disk into the locked HP laptop then, restart it.
- Step 2: Now, you need to tap "F12" or "ESC" keys repeatedly to access the Boot menu.
- Step 3: In the Boot menu you will find the list of boot choices, select CD/DVD/USB name and hit "Enter" to execute the command. Then, Select "Save and Exit" the boot menu and the laptop will reboot from that disk and you can proceed to reset password on HP laptop.
Part 3: Reset HP Laptop
- Step 1: Now, the program is running on your laptop. Select your Operating System and click "Next" to proceed.
- Step 2: Now, Select "Reset account password" and all the user account will be listed on the screen, you need to choose your account to enter the new password.
- Step 3: After that, simply click "Reset" and the password of your HP laptop will reset.
- Step 4: After the password reset is complete, click "Reboot" and the laptop will restart.
After the laptop starts again you won't have to provide any password to access the device.
Solution 3. Remove Forgotten HP Laptop Password via Factory Reset
You can also factory reset HP laptop if you have forgotten the login password. The procedure is very simple and it is also very effective but it will definitely wipe out all your files from the primary partition.
As mentioned earlier, the HP laptops come with HP Recovery Manager and this program will help you Factory Reset the device.
- Step 1: Restart the laptop and tap continuously "F11" when the laptop is starting up.
- Step 2: You will get the option to back up your files. So, select "Back up your files first", then click "Next" to proceed.
- Step 3: You will also get the option to "Recover without backing up files". If you proceed via this option then you will lose all your files.
- Step 4: Lastly, click "Next" again to start the recovery process. The program will format the primary partition erasing all your files and your password.
This procedure is also effective if your goal is to remove the password any way possible. But it is not really recommended as it will completely erase all the files because most of the times HP Recovery Manager is unable to get into the recovery partition.
Solution 4. Unlock HP Laptop Password with Super Administrator
If you have lost your login password and asking "I forgot my HP laptop password, how do I proceed?" then, the Super Administrator Account or SAC will be very helpful to you. This is a feature that is available only on Windows 10 and Windows 8/8.1.
This is a hidden feature which only gets activated if you are locked out of your main account.
- Step 1: Restart your HP laptop and wait for the login screen to appear.
- Step 2: Press the "Shift" key 5 times to activate the Super Administrator Account.
- Step 3: Now, access Windows via the SAC and go to "Control Panel".
- Step 4: Then, go to "User profile" and find your locked user account.
- Step 5: After finding the user account, modify the passwordfor and reboot the laptop.
After the laptop restarts, you will be able to access your user account using the new password. Unfortunately, if you are using an older version of Windows then this feature won't be available to you.
Solution 5. Reinstall Windows on Your HP Laptop
If any of the procedures are not working for you and you have the installation disk available then you can also use it to erase the password from your Windows user account.
If you are using a newer model of HP laptops and don't have an Optical Drive available then you can make an installation disk on a USB drive and start the procedure via that USB.
- Step 1: Insert the installation disk into your locked HP laptop, then reboot.
- Step 2: The laptop needs to bootfrom the installation disk; so, while the laptop is starting up, keep tapping "F2". The Boot menu will appear.
- Step 3: In the Boot menu, change the Boot priority to the installation disk.
- Step 4: After that, Windows Setup screen will appear. You need to change a few preferences and then click "next" to proceed. After that, click "Repair Your Computer", a few options will become available to you but you only need to select "Troubleshoot" from the list.
- Step 5: After that, just click "Reset this PC" and your selected version of Windows will be installed on your HP laptop.
After installing the Windows again, all your files from the system partition will be erased completely along with the password.
Every possible procedure to unlock an HP laptop is discussed in this article, a few of them may not sit well with all the users as those procedures require users to lose all their files from the system partition. There is also another method available call SAC but it is conditional that you have been using the latest version of Windows OS. So, in your situation, it will be best to use the above Windows password recovery tool from PassFab if you forgot password on HP laptop. Highly recommended tool!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>