Forgetting the Windows password is a far too common mistake – especially for people who tend to change their password frequently. No matter how you’ve lost the password, Windows 8 doesn’t provide any official method to retrieve the lost password and you have no other way but to unlock Windows 8.
Before you start worrying, let me tell you that bypassing the Windows 8 password is easier than you think if you use the right methods. A few proven methods of how to unlock Windows 8 are listed below, let’s read them up.
- Method 1: Unlocking Windows 8.1/8 with Video & Steps | PassFab 4WinKey
- Method 2: Use 10 Years Windows 8 Password Unlocker to Unlock Windows
- Method 3: Unlock Windows 8 Password via Installation Disk
- Method 4: Reset Your Windows 8 or 8.1
- Method 5: Unlock Windows 8 Password Lockout with Password Reset Disk
Method 1: Unlocking Windows 8.1/8 with Video & Steps | PassFab 4WinKey
When it comes to unlocking Windows 8, no method or tool is as effective as PassFab 4WinKey. This powerful, multi-featured, software is specifically designed to help users reset Windows password with just a few clicks.
Being tagged as the #1 Windows password recovery program, 4WinKey offers the most intuitive and user-friendly procedure to remove and reset local and admin passwords at super-quick speed.
You can watch this video to clear up any confusion in steps.
Once downloaded and installed, launch 4WinKey on an accessible computer and choose your flash drive and hit Next.
On the pop-up tab, click on Next to confirm that all the data on the flash drive will be removed.
Wait until the programs burns the drive.
- Now, connect this burned drive to the locked computer and restart it. When it does, press F12 or any shortcut key combination to enter into the Boot menu.
Here, select your flash drive using the arrow keys and hit Enter. Then save and exit the menu.
On the 4WinKey interface, select the “Remove Account Password” option and the account you want to remove password and then, hit Next.
The program will take hardly a few minutes to remove the password and when it’s done, click on Reboot to restart your PC and start using it.
Method 2: Use 10 Years Windows 8 Password Unlocker to Unlock Windows
Just like 4WinKey, Windows 8 Password Unlocker is a third-party tool that allows user to remove or reset both local and administrator passwords. Its high reliability, easy-to-use procedure, and compatibility with many Windows versions make it a handy tool to learn how to unlock pc password Windows 8.
This tool is in high demand because:
- Compatible with almost all Windows versions.
- Blazing-fast speed.
- Intuitive user-interface.
- Support many Windows serves including NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016.
- Helps create a new admin account without login.
Hopefully, it will help you get answer to how to unlock computer password Windows 8.
Method 3: Unlock Windows 8 Password via Installation Disk
Another popular method of unlocking Windows 8 password is by using installation disk. Unlike the methods explained above, this method is complicated and takes sufficient time to complete the unlocking process.
The best thing about this method – if it works – is that it doesn’t cause any data loss. Have a look at it yourself:
This method involves downloading third-party tools on an accessible computer to create a Windows 8 installation disk by burning a Windows 8 ISO file to a flash drive. You can try to download Rufus Tool to create a installation disk.
- After installation, connect this flash drive to the locked computer and restart it. Press F12 repeatedly soon it restarts to enter the Boot menu.
Now, highlight and select USB-HDD using the arrow keys and hit Enter to boot your computer from flash drive.
On the Windows Setup, press Shift + F10 keys to bring Command Prompt window and enter the below two commands one by one and hit Enter after typing each:move c:\Windows\system32\utilman.exe c:\
copy c:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\Windows\system32\utilman.exe
Note: You need to replace “c” with the drive letter of your OS like “d” or “f.”
- After that, remove the flash drive and restart your PC. Use the command "wpeutil reboot" to do so.
When it restarts, click on the Ease of Access icon in the lower-right corner to bring the Command Prompt. Here, type the command: "net user <username> <password>" and hit Enter to reset Windows 8 password.
- Users are recommended to put back the Utility Manager to stop unauthorized users from changing the Windows 8 password. For that:
- Restart your computer from the installation disk (step 2).
- Use Shift + F10 keys to bring the Command Prompt.
Enter the command “copy c:\utilman.exe c:\Windows\system32\utilman.exe” and hit Enter. Then, type Yes to confirm your action and hit Enter.
- Finally, restart your computer and set a new Windows 8 password.
Given the tech-savvy nature of this method, we don’t recommend using it.
Method 4: Reset Your Windows 8 or 8.1
Many users have claimed that resetting the computer can help reset Windows 8/8.1 password. This method is simple and straightforward, but it will remove all the data on your computer.
Having said that, follow the below steps to reset the Windows 8 password:
Turn on your computer and wait until the login screen appears. Then, long press the “shift” button and Restart it.
Your PC will restart and take you to the Troubleshooting interface. Here, hit on the Troubleshoot option.
- A new interface will appear. Here, hit on the Reset your PC option and then click Next. It will restart and start the resetting process.
Click on "Just Remove My Files" on the "Reset Your PC" page and hit Reset. Wait until the system removes Windows 8 password.
Method 5: Unlock Windows 8 Password Lockout with Password Reset Disk
It’s another proven method to unlock Windows 8 – though a bit complicated. Here’s how use it:
- Firstly, you need to create a Password Reset Disk using a “third-party tool of your choice.”
- After that, connect the Password Reset Disk to your locked computer and hit on “Reset password” as shown in the figure.
- Then, follow the onscreen instructions to reset the Windows 8 password.
To wrap it up, this article has provided a comprehensive guideline on how to unlock Windows 8 without password. You can fall back on all the methods discussed and rest assured, one of the will get the job done for you.
Install PassFab 4WinKey to remove the Windows 8 password safely and without any technical hassle.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>