Admin password is something that everyone seems to be after. After all, having an admin password lets you do tons of things that you cannot do from a regular user account. For example, you cannot change the core settings of your computer without an admin password. There are a number of other things that require admin privileges to do.
However, How to show administrator password? Can I show administrator password using CMD? These are the question many user care about. The command prompt utility on your Windows computer does let you reveal a lot of information about the admin account on your computer but how to use it find admin password? Now, get the answer in this article.
- Part 1. Is It Possible to Show Administrator Password using CMD without Changing It?
- Part 2. How to Show Accounts Information Using CMD on Windows 10/8/7?
- Part 3. How to Reset Admin Password using CMD on Windows 10/8/7?
- Part 4. Failed to Show Admin Password using CMD? Try PassFab 4WinKey!
Part 1. Is It Possible to Show Administrator Password using CMD without Changing It?
First things first, is it even possible to display the admin password using CMD on your computer? Well, the straight answer is no.
However, the utility lets you do more than that. It lets you reset admin account password so you do not really need to know what the password is. Once you have set up a new password, that password is then going to be the key to change all the settings you have ever wanted to change on your computer.
In a nutshell, CMD does not let you show administrator password using CMD without changing it but you can always change the password to your liking which is the same thing.
Part 2. How to Show Accounts Information Using CMD on Windows 10/8/7?
If you have downloaded the tool on your computer and you would like to learn how to create a bootable Ophcrack USB from ISO Windows 10, this section will walk you through the steps to do it.
While CMD may not reveal the admin password to you, it can display a lot of other information about the admin account on your computer. It can even let you view all the user accounts that exist on your computer with the issue of a single command.
To show accounts information on your computer, launch the Command Prompt utility from your Start Menu. When it launches, type in net user and hit Enter on your keyboard. You will now see a list of all the user accounts that exist on your system.
Part 3. How to Reset Admin Password using CMD on Windows 10/8/7?
By now you know that you cannot show the admin password using CMD on your computer. But you can indeed reset the admin password to anything of your choice using CMD. The following shows how you can go about doing it on your computer.
1. Reset Admin Password using CMD When You Have Administrator Rights
If you already have the admin rights for your computer, resetting an admin password using CMD is extremely easy as there are no restrictions at all. The following is how you go about doing it.
Launch the Command Prompt utility on your computer. Type in net user USERNAME Password and hit Enter. Replace USERNAME and PASSWORD with your admin username and your new password.
2. Change Admin Password Using CMD from Guest Account
If you happen to use a guest account on your computer, you do not have direct access to issuing the above command to change the admin password. However, there is a file that lets you do the exact same task.
- Step 1: Download the "CVE-2017-0213_x64" file and unzip it from https://github.com/WindowsExploits/Exploits/tree/master/CVE-2017-0213.
- Step 2: Double-click on the file and it will automatically open a new command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Step 3: Type in net user USERNAME Password and hit Enter. Replace AUSERNME and PASSWORD with your admin username and your new password.
Part 4. Failed to Show Admin Password using CMD? Try PassFab 4WinKey!
If you cannot "show administrator password using CMD without changing it", you may want to use a software that fixes it for you and lets you reveal your passwords.
Enter PassFab 4WinKey, a super simple solution for you to fix the admin password related issues on your computer. The software works in a way that it lets you reset the admin passwords as well as create new admin accounts on your system. Either way, you get the admin privileges on your computer which is super cool and something you wanted. The following shows how you can use it to reset the password for an admin account on your computer:
- Step 1: Download and install the software on an accessible computer. Insert a blank USB drive into your accessable computer, launch the software, select the CD/DVD/USB drive in the software, and hit Next.
- Step 2: Insert the burned disk into your locked computer and restart the computer with instantly press F12. You will get into boot menu. Select your disk name using arrow key and Save & Exit.
- Step 3: Then, you will see 4WinKey interface. Choose your Windows system > Reset account password > user account to reset Windows password and click Reset.
- Step 4: It will reset the password for you. Click on Reboot to reboot your computer.
The software has successfully removed the password from your admin account. You may now use the admin account without entering a password at all. By the way, you can also watch this video about how to unlock administrator password:
If you would like to see the administraot password using CMD on your computer, the above guide should tell whether it is possible or not. It also offers an alternative software to help you reset Windows passwords on your computer. If this article helped you, don't forget share it with your friends!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>