Most of us are used to archiving our files in ZIP format to save on space and go a step further by locking them using a password. More often than not, we forget the passwords we so carefully chose. That’s where ZIP password recovery tools come in. ZIP password cracker like every other password cracker is software used to recover forgotten ZIP password from stored locations or, in advanced ones, data transmission systems. Most work by trying to log in with a different combination of words and characters. Those with numbers and symbols, expectedly, take a longer time to crack than number-based ones. This article lists the top 3 ZIP password unlock software together with their pros and cons.
- 4 Stars: Best Zip Password Cracker - PassFab for ZIP
- 3.5 Stars: Zip File Password Cracker - SmartKey ZIP Password Recovery
- 3 Stars: Zip File Cracker - Accent ZIP Password Recovery
- Extra Guide for Using PassFab for ZIP
4 Stars: Best Zip Password Cracker - PassFab for ZIP
PassFab for ZIP is a well-designed and easy-to-use password recovery software for all kinds of encrypted ZIP archives. By using this top best yet professional ZIP password cracker, there's no need worrrying about forgetting or losing ZIP file password again.
- Free lifetime upgrade.
- Compatible with all PC brands.
- Money back guarantee within 30 days.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista/Server.
- Recover ZIP/7ZIP/WinZIP/PKZIP password without damaging the file.
- Accelerated password recovery using GPU technology and advanced algorithms.
- The free version has limited functionality.
- Not free
Here is the video tutorial about how to use PassFab for ZIP:
3.5 Stars: Zip File Password Cracker - SmartKey ZIP Password Recovery
SmartKey ZIP Password Recovery is a simple yet efficient and easy to ZIP password cracker that recovers ZIP archives with key focus on security. It uses dictionary attack, brute-force attack, and brute-force with mask attack to recover passwords in a simple 3-step process.
- Recover self-extracting and plain ZIP passwords.
- Compatible with Windows 10/ 8.1/ 8/ 7/ Vista / XP.
- Retrieve passwords regardless of character type or number of characters.
- Swift recovery speeds aided by multi-core CPU processing. And GPU acceleration.
- Support both 128-bit and 256-bit AES Encryption.
- You need to purchase the Pro version to access most key features.
Download SmartKey ZIP Password Recovery here.
3 Stars: Zip File Cracker - Accent ZIP Password Recovery
Accent ZIP Password Recovery supports ZIP files created from different ZIP compression programs such as WinZip, PKZIp and 7ZIP. Though users can recover passwords using three methods which are mask and dictionary attacks, and brute force, the tool is just as effective. Users can recover their passwords by selecting the file, choosing the type of attack and commencing the same.
- Simple process that only requires one to follow the prompts.
- Fast recovery process.
- The free version only gives you the first two characters of the recovered password.
Download Accent ZIP Password Recovery here.
PS: What are Dictionary Attack, Brute-force Attack and Brute-force Attack in Most ZIP Password Recovery Software?
It is important to demystify the different types of attacks so that you understand what is happening when you choose a specific attack method. These terms will make it easy for you to understand the terminologies used in free ZIP crackers.
- Dictionary mode involves applying over 5000 date formats to a particular date range, customized search implements your personal search template.
- Brute-force with Mask mode tests all pronounceable passwords.
- Brute Force mode tests all possible passwords and takes longer periods to recover the password while guaranteed decryption decrypts any file regardless of the password used.
That's all about the most popular and widely-used zip password unlocker tool. Hope you understand how to crack ZIP file password now. Last but not least, you may interested in this article about ZIP password protect file on Mac or how to zip file on Mac.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>