"How to remove activation lock on iPhone without previous owner when the previous owner is unavailable?" This question is quoted many times on the Apple discussions forum, which means that numerous users have faced the same trouble. And I have been engaged in technology for more than ten years and also pay much attention to this issue.
iPhone Activation lock is a great technology that provides users a much broader protection system for its devices and works automatically when you turn the Find My (device) feature on. Therefore, even if you find out that your phone is stolen or it might get into the wrong hands, this activation lock will secure what's inside your device. However, when you buy a second hand device with activation lock not removed, activation lock remove without previous owner must be an urgent need for you. Luckily, our staff tried numerous methods to remove activation lock without previous owner and will select the most effective ways for you.
- Part 1: 5 Ways to Resolve How to Remove Activation Lock without Previous Owner 2020 (without password)
- 1.1 How to Remove Find My iPhone Activation Lock with PassFab Activation Unlocker
- 1.2 How to Get Past Activation Lock iPhone with Device Passcode
- 1.3 How to turn off Activation Lock iPhone with DNS Server
- 1.4 Ask Apple Support for Help
- 1.5 How to Remove Find My iPhone Activation Lock without Apple ID Online: IMEI
- Part 2: How to Turn off Activation Lock (with password)
- Part 3: What you should know about iPhone unlock
- 3.1 What is Activation Lock iPhone?
- 3.2 What is the Difference between "Find My Activation Lock" and "iCloud lock"?
- 3.3 How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone?
- 3.4 How to Avoid Activation Lock While Buying a used iPhone?
Part 1: 5 Ways to Resolve How to Remove Activation Lock without Previous Owner 2020 (Without password)
Solution Attention Recommendation 1: Passfab Activation Unlocker Don’t need ANY password. Only 3 steps! 2: iDevice Passcode The iCloud account enabled Two-factor Authentication before. ★★★★ 3: DNS Need to try many times. You only get limited access to your iPad. ★★★ 4: Apple Support You need to prepare reliable purchasing vouchers. ★★★ 5: IMEI Risk of being scammed. No refund. There is no guarantee that such service providers are genuine or not. ★
1.1 How to Bypass Activation Lock with PassFab Activation Unlocker
If you are looking for an answer to how to remove iCloud activation lock without previous owner, then the best solution is to use PassFab Activation Unlocker! It fixes the problem of how to bypass activation lock without Apple ID and password on iPhone/iPad/iPod. And it is fully compatible with the latest iOS/iPadOS 15, iPhone 13 and more. You can try the following instructions to get the best result:Free Download For Win 10/8.1/8/7/XPSecure DownloadFree Download For macOS 11 and belowSecure Download
- Download PassFab Activation Unlocker software for free on your computer system > select [Remove iCloud Activation Lock] > click [Start] for the startup process.
- Read the agreementcarefully > once you are done, click [Next] > connect your iDevice to your computer with USB cable> jailbreak your iDevice > wait for a while.
- Once the jailbreak tool is downloaded effectively, you need to read the tutorial carefully. Just follow all the rules given by the jailbreak program to start jailbreaking your iDevice.
When jailbreaking your iDevice is completed. Click [Start] and wait for a little while.
You did it! The iCloud activation lock is finally removed from your iDevice. Click [Done] to finalize the procedure.
1.2 How to get past Activation Lock iPhone with Device Passcode
Note: The only prerequisite is that the iCloud account enabled Two-factor Authentication before.
Apple also provides an easier way to unlock activation locked iDevice to prevent your device locked by someone else's Apple ID accidentally. That is unlock the locked device with device passcode. It is the best answer to how to remove Find My iPhone activation lock without previous owner 2021 if you know the device passcode.
- Open your iPhone and connect it to WiFi.
When yo are on the Activation Lock remove page, tap "Unlock with Passcode" below.
- Select "Use Device Passcode" and enter the passcode.
Then you can reset your device and sign in with your Apple ID to enjoy all features.
1.3 How to turn off Activation Lock iPhone with DNS Server
Note: Need to try many times. You only get limited access to your iPhone.
Paid methods could help you with less effort. If you are searching for how to remove find my iPhone activation lock without previous owner free, iCloud DNS Bypass is another choice for you. DNS is Domain Name Server. When you connect to WiFi and try to activate your device, your device will first connect to DNS and reach the Apple server. iCloud DNS Bypass is to take your device to icloudnsbypass.com rather than the Apple server. Here is how to use this service.
- Open your device, go to "Choose a WiFi Network" page.
- Press Home button > select WiFi settings > tap "i" icon behind your WiFi network.
Choose "Configure DNS" and set it according to your region.
- USA: 188.8.131.52
- Europe: 184.108.40.206
- Asia: 220.127.116.11
- South America: 18.104.22.168
- Australia and Oceania: 22.214.171.124
- Then, go back to the WiFi page.
- Tap "Next" and click "Back" and "Next" repeatedly until your decvice connect to the iCloudDNSBypass server.
Now, you can watch videos, visit websites, play games, listen music or do other things with the iCloudDNSBypass server.
1.4 Ask Apple Support for Help
Note: You need to prepare reliable purchasing vouchers.
The official answer to how to remove find my iPhone activation lock without previous owner when you can't do it yourself is to contact Apple to help you.
To ask Apple to unlock your iCloud locked iPhone, you must prepare the documents that prove the iPhone is yours such as the original receipt of purchase or other ownership documentation, the serial number, IMEI or MEID.
Then you can ask an Activation Lock support request.
1.5 How to Remove Find My iPhone Activation Lock without Apple ID Online: IMEI:
Note: Risk of being scammed. No refund. There is no guarantee that such service providers are genuine or not.
>On the issue of how to remove find my iphone activation lock without previous owner, many experts will give a suggestion to unlock iPhone by using the online tool AppleiPhoneUnlock which just need you to provide serial number or IMEI number. However, through our research, most of of user reviews about this online tool are negative. So please use this product with caution when you are aware of the risk.
You can also remove iCloud activation lock without password online if you don't want to download or install anything on your computer. AppleiPhoneUnlock’s Lock Bypass Services is an amazing service that makes sure to carry out the unlock process quite professionally just with serial number or IMEI number. Follow the steps below to unlock iPhone iCloud by using this amazing service.
- Go to the browser and search for the AppleiPhoneUnlock iCloud Unlock website.
- Now, you need to enter your device IMEI number or serial number. It will be written on the case.
- The program will detect on its own which iPhone model is the iWatch related to.
- To remove the activation lock, simply click on 'Remove Activation Lock.' It will ask you for the payment process, fill it up, and move forward. The iCloud activation lock will be removed successfully within 72 hours!
Part 2: How to Turn off Find My Activation Lock (With Password)
Activation could be disabled if you turn off Find My on your device. Here is how to turn off Find My in Settings and iCloud.
2.1 Turn off Find My Activation Lock in Settings
Before resetting or selling your device, you can turn off Find My in Settings.
Go to Settings > tap your Apple ID on the top > click [Find My] in the menu
Swith the button and enter your Apple ID password to turn off Find My.
2.2 Turn off Find My Activation Lock fron iCloud
If you got a used iPhone and it was locked by activation lock, iPhone activation lock removing a device from a previous owner is available on iCloud.
- Ask the Apple ID owner sign in to iCloud and select Find My.
Click All Devices and choose your iPhone.
Click [Erase iPhone] and confirm. Then select [Remove from Account].
FAQ: What you should know about iPhone unlock
Q1: What is Activation Lock iPhone?
iPhone Activation Lock is a security feature to prevent someone else from using your iPhone when it was lost, stolen or forced to be erased. When you signed in your iCloud account on your iPhone, Find My is enabled, you can locate your iPhone from iCloud with Find My. If you marked your iPhone as lost or stolen with Find My, your iPhone will be locked with activation lock.
Q2: What is the difference between ‘Find My Activation Lock’ and ‘iCloud lock’?
Both 'Find My Activation Lock' and 'iCloud lock' are the same security feature designed by Apple. When you signed in your Apple ID on your device, your device is linked to your Apple ID. When your device is lost, stolen or erased abnormally, your device will be locked by Apple server and need to be activated with your Apple ID and password.
Q3: How to remove Apple ID from iPhone?
Go to Settings > Apple ID, roll down to the bottom, tap Sign Out, enter Apple ID password to sign out of your iPhone.
Q4: How to avoid Activation Lock while buying a used iPhone?
To save you from the hectic of unlocking the activation lock on any Apple device always make sure that there is no lock during the time of buying an Apple device from someone. Sometimes people knowingly sell iPhones with activated locks. Ask the seller to give you the device so that you can take a look at the activation lock. This is what you need to do:
- Turn the device on. If it asks for a passcode or fingerprint, the device isn’t reset to factory settings.
- Ask the seller to unlock the device. Go to Settings > General > Reset> Erase All Content and Settings. The device will ask for the AppleID. If the seller is unable to log in, then do not pay for the device. He might fool you with a troubled device, and you have to pay extra for getting it unlocked.
Only pay when the device is erased and unlocked. When you turn on the device for the first time, if you are asked to "set up iPhone" or "set up iPad.” it means you are good to go. It is recommended that the seller should turn to Find My before selling it to someone else. This makes it easier for the seller as well as the buyer.
That's all, folks! Now, whenever you question yourself that how to turn off activation lock without previous owner, you know which article to link up to. We have provided you with detailed guides about how to remove iCloud lock. All the services that we have recommended will surely do a wonderful job and get your work done. More importantly, make sure to check out iPhone Activation Unlocker from PassFab at least once. I am sure you will come back to it as it’s the best of all. Hopefully, all your activation lock-related problems are completely resolved now!