PassFab 4WinKey Guideline:
1. How to Use 4WinKey Standard: remove Windows local admin or guest password with CD/DVD;
2. How to Use 4WinKey Professional: remove Windows local admin or guest password with CD/DVD/USB;
3. How to Use 4WinKey Enterprise: remove Windows local admin or guest password, Windows domain password with CD/DVD/USB;
4. How to Use 4WinKey Ultimate: remove/reset Windows local admin or guest password, domain password, reset Microsoft password, remove Windows account, create new Windows account with CD/DVD/USB.
Here is a detailed guide to use PassFab 4WinKey Standard. You'll find full solutions to recover lost Windows login password for administrator or guest account.
- Part 1: Create Windows Password Reset CD/DVD
- Part 2: Boot Windows from CD/DVD
- Part 3: Recover Windows Password without Reinstalling OS
Part 1: Create Windows Password Reset CD/DVD
PassFab 4WinKey Standard enables you to create a Windows password reset disk with CD or DVD. You can burn a drive either with Quick Recovery Wizard or Advanced Recovery Wizard. Generally speaking, burning drive with Quick Recovery Wizard is recommended.
Step 1:Launch PassFab 4WinKey Standard and select a boot media (CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive). In 4WinKey Stanard, you can only boot from CD/DVD.
Step 2:Click "Burn" to start burning a boot disk. The software will prompt that your CD/DVD will be formatted and all data will be lost in it.
Step 3: Click "Yes" and 4WinKey Standard will start to burn bootable CD/DVD.
Step 4: After a while, your CD/DVD will be burned successfully.
Now you can use this CD/DVD to recover Windows login password.
Part 2: Boot Windows from CD/DVD
Step 1:Insert the bootable CD/DVD to the password locked Windows laptop or desktop.
Step 2:Restart the computer and press "F12" or "ESC" on the keyboard to enter Boot Menu interface.
Note: The key to enter Boot Menu might be different on different motherboards. Here I gather the common keys to enter Boot Menu on popular motherboards. For other manufacturers, common keys to enter Boot Menu are F12 or ESC.
|F12||Lenovo, Acer, ThinkPad, Dell, Hasee, Toshiba, Samsung, IBM, Fujitsu, Haier, GIGABYTE, Gateway, Emachines||Lenovo, Acer, HP, Hasee, Haier|
Step 3:When you enter the Boot Menu successfully, you will find that there is a list of boot choices, including the CD/DVD drive that you have inserted. You can identify and find out your inserted disk from the DVD/CD name. Using the arrow keys to highlight it and press Enter to select boot device.
Step 4:Once you've entered the locked Windows from boot disk successfully. Go ahead to reset or remove the Windows password.
Part 3. Reset/Remove Windows Login Password
You can use PassFab 4WinKey Standard to reset Windows local or domain login password for your computer.
Step 1: Select your Windows operating system and hit "Next" button.
Step 2: Select a user account (Admin, Microsoft account, guest, etc.) from the list, you'll find that the account name is displayed in User Name box.
Step 3: Click Next and your password is reset to blank successfully.
Step 4: Click Reboot to restart your computer. You can log into Windows system with the new password.