Here is a detailed user guide to use PassFab 4WinKey Ultimate. You'll find full solutions to remove, reset Windows local admin or guest password, domain password, reset Microsoft password, remove Windows account, create new Windows account with CD, DVD or USB flash drive within minutes.
Part 1: Create Windows Password Reset Disk
Download, install and launch PassFab 4WinKey from another accessible PC or Mac, not your locked computer. You will see its main interface.
Select a boot media (USB Flash Drive or CD/DVD). Here we will choose USB as an example. Click "Next" button and go ahead.
Notice: your USB/CD/DVD will be formatted and all data will be lost in it. Click "Next" and continue.
4WinKey will start to burn a bootable disk on your USB/CD/DVD. Please wait for a few seconds.
After a while, your CD, DVD or USB flash drive will be burned successfully.
Now you can follow the brief user guide on the software screen and use this CD, DVD or USB flash drive to unlock your locked computer.
Part 2: Boot Windows System from CD/DVD/USB
Insert the bootable USB, CD or DVD to the password locked Windows laptop or desktop.
Restart the computer and press "F12" or "ESC" on the keyboard to enter Boot menu.
The key to enter Boot menu might be different on different motherboards.
The common keys to enter Boot menu are F12 or ESC on popular computer brands.
Boot Key Desktop Laptop Tablet F12 HP, Lenovo, Acer, ASUS, Hasee, Haier, THTF, eFound Dell, IBM, Samsung, Toshiba, Acer, Gateway, Lenovo, ThinkPad, Fujitsu, GAGABYTE, Emachines, Hasee, Haier, eFound, THTF, MSI, BenQ, Razer, Xiaomi, Huawei Microsoft Surface F9 HP F8 ASUS, BenQ ESC Dell ASUS, Sony Volume Up Microsoft Surface option Apple
When you enter the Boot menu successfully, using the arrow keys to find out your inserted disk name. Then press "F10" to save and exit.
If your computer is running UEFI, please select "UEFI: [USB/CD/DVD Name]" as the first boot option.
For more detailed settings in BIOS or UEFI, please check out these pages:
Part 3. Reset/Remove/Delete/Create Windows Account Login Password
After exiting BIOS settings, your computer will restart again.
PassFab 4WinKey offers the following features on Ultimate Version.
- Remove Account Password: Remove Windows administrator or guest, local or domain password.
- Reset Account Password: Reset Windows local admin password, guest password or domain password, reset Microsoft password.
- Delete Windows Account: Delete Windows account except local built-in account and Microsoft account.
- Create A New Account: Create a Windows administrator or domain account.
Just follow the steps to perform Reset/Remove/Delete/Create Windows password.
Choose the Windows system.
- Remove Password: Select the account that you would like to remove the password and then click "Next" button to proceed.
- Reset Password: Select a local guest account/administrator account/Microsoft account, then enter a new password in the text box, and click "Next" button to proceed.
- Delete Account: Select a use account that you want to delete and click "Next". Once the selected Windows account has been removed successfully. Click "Reboot" to restart.
- Creat a New Account: choose Create A New Account and click "Create" button. Now, enter the new account user name and password. When it done, click "Reboot" to restart your computer.
This is the brief PassFab 4WinKey Guideline:
- How to Use 4WinKey Standard: remove Windows local admin or guest password with CD/DVD;
- How to Use 4WinKey Professional: remove Windows local admin or guest password with CD/DVD/USB;
- How to Use 4WinKey Enterprise: remove Windows local admin or guest password, Windows domain password with CD/DVD/USB;
- How to Use 4WinKey Ultimate: remove/reset Windows local admin or guest password, domain password, reset Microsoft password, remove Windows account, create new Windows account with CD/DVD/USB.