Here is a detailed user guide to use PassFab 4WinKey Ultimate. You'll find full solutions to remove, reset Windows local admin or guest password, domain password, reset Microsoft password, remove Windows account, create new Windows account with CD, DVD or USB flash drive within minutes.
Part 1: Create Windows Password Reset Disk
Download, install and launch PassFab 4WinKey from another accessible PC or Mac, not your locked computer. You will see its main interface.
Click "Start" to download the iso file required to make the bootable disk.
Select a boot media (USB Flash Drive or CD/DVD). Here we will choose USB as an example. Click "Next" button and go ahead.
Notice: your USB/CD/DVD will be formatted and all data will be lost in it. Click "Next" and continue.
4WinKey will start to burn a bootable disk on your USB/CD/DVD. Please wait for a few seconds.
After a while, your CD, DVD or USB flash drive will be burned successfully.
Now you can follow the brief user guide on the software screen and use this CD, DVD or USB flash drive to unlock your locked computer.
Part 2: Boot Windows System from CD/DVD/USB
Insert the bootable USB, CD or DVD to the password locked Windows laptop or desktop.
Restart the computer and press "F12" or "ESC" on the keyboard to enter Boot menu.
The key to enter Boot menu might be different on different motherboards.
The common keys to enter Boot menu are F12 or ESC on popular computer brands.
Boot Key Desktop Laptop Motherboard Brand F12 HP, Lenovo, Acer, ASUS, Hasee, Haier, THTF, Founder Samsung, IBM, Fujitsu, GIGABYTE, Gateway, Toshiba, ThinkPad, Lenovo, Acer, Dell, Hasee, Haier, Founder, THTF, MSI, BenQ, eMachines、Gateway Foxconn、GIGABYTE、Gamen、Topstar、SONY、Haier、THTF、TOSHIBA、SAMSUNG、Fujitsu、IBM、ThinkPad、Lenovo、Acer、HP、Dell、Hasee、Founder、Great Wall ESC Dell ASUS, Sony Spark、Colorful、Foxconn、SOYO、UNIKA、ECS、MAXSUN、SONY、SAMSUNG、Great Wall F9 HP、BenQ BIOSTAR、HP F8 ASUS, BenQ ASUS、Yeston F10 HP、Compaq ASL F11 MSI Colorful、MSI、SOYO、ASRock、ONDA、ECS、Gamen、Topstar、Yeston Long press option Apple
When you enter the Boot menu successfully, using the arrow keys to find out your inserted disk name. Then press "F10" to save and exit.
If your computer is running UEFI, please select "UEFI: [USB/CD/DVD Name]" as the first boot option.
For more detailed settings in BIOS or UEFI, please check out these pages:
Part 3. Reset/Remove/Delete/Create Windows Account Login Password
After exiting BIOS settings, your computer will restart again.
PassFab 4WinKey offers the following features on Ultimate Version.
- Remove Account Password: Remove Windows administrator or guest, local or domain password.
- Reset Account Password: Reset Windows local admin password, guest password or domain password, reset Microsoft password.
- Delete Windows Account: Delete Windows account except local built-in account and Microsoft account.
- Create A New Account: Create a Windows administrator or domain account.
Just follow the steps to perform Reset/Remove/Delete/Create Windows password.
Choose the Windows system.
- Remove Password: Select the account that you would like to remove the password and then click "Next" button to proceed.
- Reset Password: Select a local guest account/administrator account/Microsoft account, then enter a new password in the text box, and click "Next" button to proceed.
- Delete Account: Select a use account that you want to delete and click "Next". Once the selected Windows account has been removed successfully. Click "Reboot" to restart.
- File Management: Select file management to manage files on the disks. You can choose to copy files to your USB/CD/DVD, or delete files via file management.
- Create a New Account: choose Create A New Account and click "Create" button. Now, enter the new account user name and password. When it done, click "Reboot" to restart your computer.
If fails to remove/reset password, you can press the Shift key continuously 5 times at Windows login interface to call out the Passfab 4Winkey and remove/reset again.
If you fail to remove or reset your account password, you can click the "Create Log" button in the upper right corner of the interface, and you can find a folder named PassFab 4winkey Logs in your USB. Please copy the log files and send them to our custome service for help.