It’s great to hear that Apple has introduced a new feature called StandBy mode in iOS 17. Here is everything you need to know about this new innovative feature.
In StandBy mode, iOS 17 offers three home pages.
- The first page shows an analog clock in a circular or square shape and a calendar. You can also access weather data by swiping up on the right side.
- The second page is dedicated to showcasing images from the Photos app. It’s always nice to have a visual element on your device, and viewing your favorite photos directly on the home screen is a lovely touch.
- Finally, the third page in StandBy mode is about a big clock. There are many customizability options. You can choose either a digital or analog clock display. There’s even an option to set it as a world clock. This feature would be helpful to you if you frequently need to keep track of time in different time zones.
- 1. To customize the Widget View in StandBy
- 2. To customize the Photos View in StandBy
- 3. To customize the Clock View in StandBy
- Warning: Will the Feature Affect Battery Life?
- Q1: Will Standby Mode Affect Battery Life?
- Q2: Can I Make my iPhone Always on Display?
- Q3: How to Disable Standby Mode on iPhone?
- Q4: How Do I Change the Standby Time on My iPhone?
Part 1: [iOS 17 NEW Lock Screen] iPhone Standby Mode Turns Your iPhone into a Smart Display
1. What is Standby Mode on iOS?
iOS 17’s StandBy feature turns your iPhone into a mini smart display when charging in landscape mode.
It builds upon the customizable Lock Screen from iOS 16, offering a clock, weather, and Reminder widgets. Like the Amazon Echo Show, StandBy activates if your device is powered and in landscape orientation.
While using a MagSafe charging stand is ideal, simply plugging in your Lightning cable and propping your iPhone on its side works too. StandBy provides a convenient way to access helpful information without unlocking your device. With clock displays, weather updates, and customizable widgets, it transforms your iPhone into a practical smart display during charging.
2. How to Enable Standby Mode?
Following are the steps you need to follow to enable and customize StandBy mode on your iPhone:
First, go to the Settings > StandBy
Make sure that your iPhone is idle and locked. Place it in landscape orientation.
Here, switch on the StandBy toggle.
Use an upright charger or stand to prop up your iPhone.
StandBy mode may not work with flat or low-angle stands.
Make sure you have a Lightning cable plugged in if you’re not using a MagSafe, iPhone will automatically enable StandBy mode if your iPhone is in the correct position and if the charge is connected.
Once the StandBy mode is on, you will find the classic analog clock and a calendar widget displayed on the right side of the screen.
And if you’re wanting to customize the widgets or change the display options, you can always swipe up on the screen and cycle through various options and choose the ones you like by swiping them up or simply pressing and holding on either of the existing widgets to add or remove a widget.
3. How iOS 17 Standby Mode Works?
In iOS 17, Apple introduces StandBy as a fantastic full-screen experience for your iPhone while it’s charging.This mode aims to make your device useful even when it’s idle and also providing you with valuable information at a glance.
Let’s see the details. With StandBy, you have multiple ways to enjoy this mode.
1. Firstly, there’s the clock view, offering a range of clock faces to suit your style.
2. Also, you can opt for the photo shuffle view, where your iPhone showcases images from your Photos app, adding a personal touch to the screen.
3. There’s also a widget view that allows you to customize your experience with iOS widgets from Home, Apple Music, and third-party apps.
Overall, StandBy in iOS 17 brings a dynamic and informative experience to your iPhone during charging, making the most of its idle moments.
Part 2: [iOS 17 Charging Screen] How to Use and Customize iOS 17 iPhone Standby?
Wondering how to change lock screen iOS 17? Let’s guide you on how to edit lock screen iOS. When personalizing StandBy on your iPhone, you have three options to customize your experience. You can tailor the widgets in the widget view, select the album displayed in the photo shuffle view, and choose from various clock variations in the clock view.
1. To customize the Widget View in StandBy, follow these steps:
Press on the screen's left or right side to enter edit mode.
Tap the plus (+) on the top-left to add widgets.
Long press on a widget and drag it to the desired spot to rearrange widgets.
2. For the Photos View customization, follow these steps:
Long press on the displayed photo to enter edit mode.
Tap the plus (+) on the top-left side to choose a different album to display.
Swipe up and down to switch between available album options.
3. To customize the Clock View in StandBy, follow these steps:
Long press on the displayed clock to access the clock face options.
Choose Digital, Analog, World, Solar, or Float clock faces.
Tap the circular button in the bottom right to select a color for the clock elements.
If you prefer a red-tinted clock view, activate Night Mode in the StandBy settings (Settings > StandBy > Night Mode). Additionally, some iPhone models offer a Motion to Wake feature that activates the display when movement is detected.
Following these steps, you can personalize your StandBy experience on iOS 17 and make it your own. Enjoy customizing widgets, albums, and clock faces creating a tailored and visually appealing display during charging.
Warning:Will the Stnadby Mode Feature Affect Battery Life?
StandBy mode does not impact battery life because it is designed to be active only when charging. Since StandBy mode is exclusive to the charging state, it does not unnecessarily consume additional battery power or drain the battery.
Part 3: How to Unlock iOS 17 Screen Lock Standby in One-click?
As iOS 17 can contain bugs and errors, you may end up with a locked iPhone. If you are out of your iPhone, have forgotten the password, and don't know how to regain access and wondering how to delete lock screen iOS 17, you can use PassFab's iPhone Unlocker to recover access easily. Want to know the best way to unlock it? Use PassFab iPhone Unlock Tool.
PassFab iPhone Unlock is a 100% safe, all-in-one tool to bypass the lock screen password Let's look at how to use this fantastic tool to overcome the Screen Time passcode:
From the official website, download and install PassFab iPhone Unlock on your computer.
Open PassFab iPhone Unlock and then connect your iPhone to your PC using a lighting cable.
After doing that, click the "Unlock Lock Screen" option from the main screen. Doing so will detect your iPhone and restart it into Recovery Mode. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter Recovery Mode.
Guide to Enter Recovery Mode
Guide to Enter DFU Mode
1. Please make sure that your computer has at least 7G space to download the firmware package.
2. If you failed to download firmware, just tap on "click here" button to download it through web browser.
3. If you have downloaded the firmware on your computer, just click "import local firmware" button to get access to another interface and import it.
Choose the file save path and click “Download” button to download firmware package
After downloading, click on "Start Remove" button to remove the passcode. After that, you can open your device without passcode, set up a new passcode, or Touch ID, face ID for it.
Part 4: FAQs about iOS 17 Charging Screen
Q1: Will Standby Mode Affect Battery Life?
StandBy mode is designed to be active only when charging your device. Therefore, it has no impact on battery life. It operates only during the charging and does not eat extra battery power or cause an unnecessary drain. You can enjoy the benefits of StandBy mode, such as its informative and convenient features, without worrying about adverse effects on your device's battery. With StandBy mode, you can make the most of your charging time without concerns about battery usage.
Q2: Can I Make my iPhone Always on Display?
Yes, you can make your iPhone Always of Display by following these steps: Make sure that your iPhone is idle and locked. Place your iPhone in a landscape orientation. Now use an upright charger or stand to prop up your iPhone. Note that StandBy mode may not work with flat or low-angle stands. Make sure you have a Lightning cable plugged in if you’re not using a MagSafe. Your iPhone will automatically enable StandBy mode if your iPhone is in the correct position and if the charge is connected.
Q3: How to Disable Standby Mode on iPhone?
To Disable or regain access to StandBy mode on iOS 17 is straightforward. You need to go to the setting and find the StandBy mode and toggle it off. Know that StandBy mode only starts once your iPhone is connected to power and is positioned in the right way.
Q4: How Do I Change the Standby Time on My iPhone?
Here is the step you can follow to change the clock on your iPhone StandBy mode: Long press on the displayed clock to access the clock face options. Then Choose Digital, Analog, World, Solar, or Float clock faces. Then tap the circular button in the bottom right to select a color for the clock elements. If you prefer a red-tinted clock view, activate Night Mode in the StandBy settings (Settings > StandBy > Night Mode). Additionally, some iPhone models offer a Motion to Wake feature that activates the display when movement is detected.
In conclusion, the introduction of StandBy mode in iOS 17 has brought a range of exciting features to enhance the charging experience on your iPhone. Whether you prefer checking the time, enjoying a photo slideshow, or accessing useful widgets, StandBy mode has you covered.
It's important to note that StandBy mode is designed to be energy-efficient and does not impact battery life. It operates exclusively during charging, ensuring no additional battery power is unnecessarily consumed. Besides this article also recommends using the PassFab iPhone Unlock tool to unlock your iPhone in case you lose your password.