“Hi there! My Outlook keeps sending Your Outlook data file cannot be configured Outlook 2016. How to fix this? Many thanks!”
Microsoft Outlook is convenient in our daily and professional life to send or receive, even store emails. However, sometimes it may go wrong and send you messages like this. If you have received one, check this article to find solutions!
Part 1: 4 Ways to Fix Your Outlook Data File Cannot Be Configured
Always receive Your Outlook data file cannot be configured 2010, 2013, and 2016? The most common reason for this is missing .pst or .ost file in your system. Or it could be caused by corruption in .pst or .ost file. Here are solutions for you:
- Way 1. Recreate OST File to Fix Your Outlook Data File Cannot Be Configured
- Way 2. Use Stellar Repair for Outlook to Fix Your Outlook Data File Cannot Be Configured
- Way 3. Use Microsoft Outlook Inbox to Repair Your Outlook Data File Cannot Be Configured
- Way 4. Verify for System Corruption through Command Prompt
Way 1. Recreate OST File to Fix Your Outlook Data File Cannot Be Configured
1. Close Outlook program and launch Control Panel.
2. Find “Mail (Microsoft Outlook) and open it.
3. Select “E-mail Accounts” option in the pop-up window.
4. Then click “Data Files” tab and choose “Exchange account”.
5. Select the account and click “Open File Location”.
6. It will navigate to your OST file location automatically. Select you OST file and right click it. Then select “Delete” to remove it.
7. Now, restart Outlook program, it will recreate a new OST file automatically.
If you don’t know what caused your Outlook data file cannot be configured 2013, 2010 or 2016, this way is the fastest solution.
Way 2. Use Stellar Repair for Outlook to Fix Your Outlook Data File Cannot Be Configured
If your Outlook data file cannot be configured because of corruption in your PST file, you can try to use a third party software to solve this problem. There are various software for repairing Outlook files on the Internet. Here we recommend Stellar Repair for Outlook – the best tool to repair corrupted PST file.
Before repairing your PST file via this software, you should check this tool could:
- Run in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- Support: MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, and earlier versions
- And there should be at least 250 MB free space in hard disk
Now, download and install Stellar Repair for Outlook on your computer.
1. Start Stellar Repair for Outlook.
2. In Home tab, click Select Outlook PST and choose “Browse” or “Find” to select your file.
3. Then press “Repair” button to start the process.
4. When the repairing process completes, click “Ok”. The software will list the recovered file in left pane, you can click the file to preview.
5. Select the files or items, click “Save Repaired File”. In the pop-up “Save as” dialogue, choose format and click “Browse” to select destination.
Way 3. Use Microsoft Outlook Inbox to Repair Your Outlook Data File Cannot Be Configured
Microsoft Outlook itself also provides to repair corrupted PST file. Here is how to use Microsoft Outlook Inbox tool to fix ‘Your Outlook data file cannot be configured’.
1. Close Outlook and search “scanpst.exe” in the searching bar. Open “scanpst.exe”.
2. Click “Browse” to select the file need to be repaired. Then press the “Start” button to start scanning.
3. Click “Repair” when the tool reminds you that the scanning completes.
4. When “Repair complete” occurs, restart Outlook.
This method could help you to repair small corruptions free. If it not works, we suggest you to use Stellar Repair for Outlook.
Way 4. Verify for System Corruption through Command Prompt
The system corruption could also result Outlook send Your Outlook data file cannot be configured OST 2013. To fix this, you can verify for system corruption and update system. To do so, you can:
1. Press “Win + R” keys and type “cmd”, then press “OK” or type “Command Prompt” in the searching bar of Start and click it to run.
2. Type “sfc/scannow” and press “Enter” key.
Note: Remember to run as Administrator.
3. Open “Settings”, click “Update & Security”. In “Windows Update” option, click “Check for updates”.
4. If updates are available, download and install it to update your system. After updating system, remember to clean system files.
Part 2: FAQs about Your Outlook Data File Cannot Be Configured
Q1: Can you open an OST file in Outlook?
Any versions of Outlook do not support to open OST file directly. To open OST file in Outlook, you should convert it to PST file.
Q2: How do I open Outlook data file PST?
First, start Outlook, click File and choose ‘Open & Export’ option. Then click ‘Open Outlook Data File’. Browse to select your PST file, and click ‘Open’.
Q3: How do I repair Microsoft Outlook?
Open ‘Settings’, choose ‘Apps’. In ‘Apps & features’ option, find and select ‘Microsoft Office Desktop Apps’. Then click ‘Advanced options’, and choose ‘Repair’.
In this article, we discussed how to fix ‘Your Outlook data file cannot be configured’ with 4 ways. According to your situation, choose one method to solve your problem. For corrupted PST Outlook file, we still recommend Stellar Repair for Outlook for you. And for Microsoft Office password problems, we suggest you to try PassFab for Office.