Microsoft Outlook is really popular among email users to send, receive and store emails. Many users used to saving emails in different accounts. And some users have a habit to backup emails. Therefore, it will be several PST files lying in the computer. But too many PST files will be difficult to manage. In this article, we offer 3 ways to merge PST files.
Part 1: How to Merge PST File
PST merge has been a problem for users who are not familiar with Outlook, in the following, we will guide you to merge Outlook PST files step by step.
- 1. Merge Data of Two Accounts into One PST File
- 2. Merge Two PST Files of One Account into One PST File
- 3. Merge Multiple PST Files into One PST File
1. Merge Data of Two Accounts into One PST File
If you just want to combine emails, contacts and calendar of two accounts together in a PST file, Outlook will help you. Outlook its own provides feature to import emails, contacts and calendar into PST file.
1. Open Microsoft and create a new blank PST file.
2. Click “File” and select “Open & Export”.
3. Click “Import/Export”, and Outlook will open Import and Export Wizard.
4. Choose “Import from another program or file” and press “Next” button.
5. Choose file type to import from, here we select “Outlook Data File (.pst)”, and click “Next”.
6. Click “Browse” to select the file you want to merge.
7. Tick the “Do not import duplicates” box.
8. In the next dialogue, select “Include subfolders” and “Import items into the same folder in”.
2. Merge Two PST Files of One Account into One PST File
If you have two PST files lying in the folder and you want to merge them into one, you can also use Outlook to merge PST files. Follow steps below.
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook. Click “File”.
2. Choose “Open & Export”, Import and Export Wizard will pop up.
3. Click “Export to a file” and press “Next”.
4. Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and tap “Next”.
5. Choose the account that has two PST files being imported, then click “Next”.
6. Click “Browse” to select destination to save PST file.
To some extent, this two methods all have limitation that you cannot merge PST files Outlook 2016 casually. If you want to merge multiple PST files of whether different accounts or one accounts, try the third method.
3. Merge Multiple PST Files into One PST File
The most efficient way to merge PST files is to use a third party software. There are many tools for Outlook in the market, most of them are easy to use. Here we take Stellar Mailbox for Outlook as an example.
1. First, in “Home” tab, click “Add PST” or “Find PST” to select files you want to merge.
2. After selecting files to merge, click “Next” to start merging process.
3. When merging process completes, check the “Merge PST” box and the “Merge to New PST File” box, then select destination by clicking “Browse” and press “Merge” button.
4. When it reminds you “Process Completed”, click “OK” to finish.
Read Also: 3 Ways to Convert OST to PST Today
Part 2: You May Want to Know about PST File
Q1: Why do I have 2 PST files?
Under unknown circumstances, Outlook may create another PST file automatically. And you may have created another one to back up your Outlook data.
Q2: How do I import multiple PST files into Outlook?
Start Microsoft Outlook and click ‘File’. Click ‘Open & Export’ option to start Import and Export Wizard. Follow the instructions to import your PST files.
Q3: How do you create a new PST file?
Open Microsoft Outlook, click ‘New Items’ in ‘Home’ tab, and choose ‘More Items’, select ‘Outlook Data File’. Name new PST file and select destination.
Bonus Tip: How to Repair Corrupted Outlook PST File
To repair Outlook PST file, we recommend Stellar Repair for Outlook. With this tool, you can simply repair Outlook data files of MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, and earlier versions. Go through to check how to use Stellar Repair for Outlook.
1. Install and launch Stellar Repair for Outlook.
2. Click “Select Outlook PST”, choose “Browse” or “Find” to select corrupted file.
3. Click “Repair” to start the process.
4. After repairing you can choose the file in left pane to preview.
5. Click “Save Repaired File” in the “Home” tab. Select format of the file and click “Browse” to select destination to save repaired file.
Above all, we provided 3 ways on how to merge PST file. Pick one according to your requirement. And in the last part, we discussed how to repair corrupted Outlook PST file with an amazing software - Stellar Repair for Outlook. If you want to know what to do when you are forgetting Microsoft Office password, try PassFab for Office. Last, contact us if you have any questions! Hope you like this article.