How to Bypass Windows 8 Password
Before understanding how to bypass Windows 8 password, you need to know the difference between bypassing Windows 8 password and Windows 7 password. When it comes to Windows 7, user accounts are generally made up locally but in case of Windows 8, Microsoft introduced a new way of creating user accounts is via your Microsoft account ID (domain) as well. In case, you get to forget your user accounts password (be it a local user account or a domain user account), fret not! We bring you the best solutions to gain back access to your PC.
Part 1: How to Bypass Windows 8 Password without Software
Using Command Prompt
If you are wondering how to bypass Windows 8 password through command prompt, then you need remember that you can remove the user account password for your Windows 8 system. Though, this will put your system to risks of unauthorized remote access. This process helps you have a password and skip it too.
How to bypass Windows 8 password using command prompt:
- Go to your desktop by logging into your user account. Right click the "Start" button/"Windows Key + X" to launch the power user menu.
- Tap on "Command Prompt (Admin)" for launching the "Command Prompt" window having administrator privileges. Allow "User Account Control" prompt. Type "control userpasswords2" in the command prompt and hit "Enter".
- To bypass the Windows 8 password screen while logging in/booting uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". It disables all the users" login passwords on that computer.
- Now, press "Apply" and enter admin password twice to confirm. Hit "OK" to close the window.
- Reboot your Windows 8 system and you can see that the password screen is bypassed.
Reset your PC
You can reset your PC to bypass Windows 8 login easily. It's not identical to resetting your password. It clears all installed apps, programs, and your saved data.
- In your Windows 8 system, login to your account.
- Go to "Advanced Startup Options".
- Select "Troubleshoot" and then click "Reset Your PC".
Part 2: How to Bypass Windows 8 Password with Software
When you are not able to bypass Windows 8 login using the above methods or you find them bit complex. You can always go for third-party software tools to get better results. In this section we have listed the top 3 softwares for Windows 8 password bypass.
The first software to bypass Windows 8 login is in this list is PassFab 4WinKey. This software can remove password reset restrictions for your Windows 8 system. You can change, reset, create and remove Windows 8 passwords from your system with this tool. Be it a domain or local Windows system, PassFab 4WinKey can reset passwords without any glitch. Due to its high recovery rate and performance, it has been a popular tool for Windows password recovery.
Here are the detailed steps to bypass the Windows 8 password using PassFab 4WinKey:
Step 1: Download and install PassFab 4WinKey on your PC. We will use the Quick Recovery Wizard here to bypass the Windows 8 password.
Step 2: Launch the software after installation and pick the boot media from CD/DVD/USB flash drive. Let's say select "USB drive" and tap "Burn, so that the USB boot disk is burned. You will be prompted to format the USB.
Step 3: Hit "Yes" and wait a while to allow time for burning the USB drive. Now, connect it to your password locked Windows 8 computer. Restart it and enter Boot Menu interface by tapping "F12" or "ESC" key.
Step 4: In the Boot Menu, locate your USB drive from the list and then press "Enter" after highlighting it. Now, you can reset or remove the Windows 8 password.
Step 5: On your Windows 8 system, select the OS and tap "Reset your password". Now, pick your "Admin" user account from the list and a default password is shown onscreen.
Step 6: Key in a new password in the "New Password" box and then tap "Next". Now, reboot your computer using the new password or skip it altogether. After clicking "Reboot" you need to eject the boot USB drive.
Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
This software supports Windows 7/8/10/Vista/XP systems. You don't need to remember the old password to reset it. You need to burn the ISO image to a CD or USB flash drive so that the password can be reset.
- Browse to the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor website and download the "cd140201.zip" file. This is known as the "Bootable CD image" and occupies around 18 MB of space.
- Make sure to download the "CD" version, even if you intend to use it with a USB drive.
- The ISO file, "cd140201.iso" under the ZIP file needs to be extracted using the built-in Windows extraction tool or a free file extraction application. Burn the extracted ISO image to a USB or CD drive.
- Connect this USB to the system you want to reset password and then restart the PC. The software will run on its own and hit the "1" option from the list of options provided to fix the issue.
This freeware can look for and displays all Windows passwords on your PC screen. Only the Windows 7/8/Vista/XP systems are compatible with it. Few antivirus applications mistake this tool for a virus or Trojan. Unfortunately, it can"t crack a password longer than 14 characters.
- Go to the Ophcrack download page and select the "Download ophcrackLiveCD" button, and tap the Vista/7 link (it supports Windows 8). It will take a while to download the ISO image file.
- Burn the Ophcrack ISO to a USB flash drive. Once it"s done, eject the USB drive.
- Reset your computer and plug in the USB again. From the Ophcrack LiveCD choose "Ophcrach Graphic Mode - automatic".
- Ophcrack will now boot up on your system to automatically execute the dictionary attack to recover the password.
- Now, reboot your PC and login to your system with the new recovered password.
Note: It can automatically work according to the OS, so you don't have to be a tech geek for using it.
While considering Windows 8 password bypass, PassFab 4WinKey is the best bet. It can recover Windows system password along with Windows local, Administrator, Domain Admin password at once.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>