Getting stuck on your phone’s locked screen is as frustrating as it can be. But just because you have forgot the screen passcode doesn’t imply you cannot regain access to your device.
Luckily, all Android phones have a built-in module called Emergency Call that can help you get past the screen lock. What’s best is this solution is completely free for all users.
Wondering how to do that? Keep reading and learn how to bypass Android lock screen using emergency call. In addition, we will also outline a better alternative to Emergency Call bypass to give more flexibility to users.
Part 1. Steps to Bypass Android Lock Screen Using Emergency Call (Android 5.0 or Earlier)
The Emergency Call feature works even when your device is stuck on the Android lock screen. However, this solution exploits a security loophole in Android phones to trick the system into believing that you have entered the correct Google account credentials.
Google has already noticed this issue and later fixed it in Android OS 5.0. Thus, this method cannot be implemented on newer Android phones. Before proceeding, be sure your phone is running on OS 5.0 or earlier for this solution to work.
The procedure for how to bypass Google Account using emergency call is quite complicated. But as long as you follow the below steps, it will work out for you:
- Turn on your locked Android phone and tap the "Emergency Call" button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the dialer page, enter a string of characters of your choice. For instance, you can enter asterisks “*” a few consecutive times. Double tap the string to highlight and copy them.
- Now, paste the string and repeat the same procedure until you cannot highlight the string.
- Go back to the locked screen and tap the camera icon or swipe left to open the camera. Also, swipe down from top to pull down the notification drawer at the same time.
- Next in how to bypass Android lock screen using emergency call, hit the Settings icon to bring up the password prompt.
- Here, keep pasting the characters you copied as many times until the interface is crashed.
- The lock screen will disappear and you’ll enter the camera screen. After some time, the camera screen will also crash and voila, your device is now unlocked.
And that’s all you need to know about how to bypass Android lock screen using emergency call. But as mentioned earlier, this solution has some major downsides. Let’s take a quick look:
Disadvantages of using Emergency Call bypass Android lock screen
- The procedure is quite tech-savvy and it also takes plenty of time to finish.
- It works only on Android devices running Android 5 or earlier. Anyone using a newer Android version cannot implement the Emergency Call Android bypass.
- Success ratio is not very low even in old phones. If anything, Users may have to repeat the same procedure several times to bypass the screen lock.
Before you start getting all worried, the good news is we have a perfect alternative tool for you. The next section is going to introduce it.
Part 2: Bypass Android Lock Screen without Using Emergency Call (All Android Versions)Hot
Want a tool that can bypass the Android screen lock on any Android phone with minimum hassle? Look no further and get PassFab Android Unlocker.
This professional tool boasts of its ability to remove any type of Android screen lock with just a few clicks. Now, removing PIN, password, Face ID, or Fingerprint in on your fingertips – no matter the Android phone you’re using. What’s best is it is capable of removing earlier Samsung screen lock without data loss.
If that’s not enough, the program also guarantees to reset a locked Android phone without password as well as remove FRRP lock on Samsung phones.
PassFab Android Unlocker has Recommended by many medias, like macworld, makeuseof, appleinsider, etc.
How to Remove Screen Lock on all Android Devices without Using Emergency Call?
Install and launch PassFab Android Unlocker on your PC, and choose the "Remove Screen Lock” to get started.
Now, connect your phone to a computer. When the program detects it, click on “Remove Screen Lock.”
PassFab Android Unlock is removing pattern lock on your phone now
Wait patiently until the program removes the screen lock successfully. Hit Done and start using your phone.
Extra Tip: How to Bypass Samsung Lock Screen without Losing Data?
One of the distinct features of PassFab Android Unlocker is its ability to bypass the Samsung screen lock without losing your data. This function works if you’re using an older version of Samsung(Before S7).
If that’s condition is met, follow steps to bypass Samsung lock screen without losing data.
Install and launch PassFab Android Unlocker on your PC, and choose the "Remove Screen Lock"to get started.
Now, connect your Samsung phone to a computer. When the program detects it, click on “Remove Screen Lock without Data Loss.”
Click "Star" to remove your screen lock
Wait patiently until the program removes the screen lock successfully.Then,restar your phone.
Hopefully, you won’t face any issue in how to bypass Android lock screen using Emergency Call after reading this guide. It has provided the detailed instructions to use this method to access your phone again. It's a pity that you can use emergency call lock screen for only older Android phones.
If you want a tool that can provide 100% success ratio , get the assistance of PassFab Android Unlocker. It makes it look extremely easy to remove any type of Android screen locks for all users, no need to learn extra tech knowledge.
Now, go ahead and download this program, and rest assured, you will never suffer from locked screen again. Feel free to ask any questions.